AEC recolors: Where to store them?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: AEC recolors: Where to store them?

Post by BWprowl »

onslaught86 wrote:I haven't seen too many say that, it seems to be more a case of illustrating that Animated Prime and G1 Prime are two fundamentally different characters. AniPrime definitely has more in common with Primal than G1 Prime, but there's hints of Rodimus as well, and he seems far less tested than Primal - Primal was only 'not a leader' when the plot demanded it, and got very little original characterisation until BM.
Frankly, I don't think AniPrime has had too much characterization either. We got 'Megatron Rising' where he bitched about what a lousy leader he'd turned out to be, and then there was 'Black Friday' where he bitched about how he kept failing everyone... Hrm, really, AniPrime doesn't really seem to man up and kick ass unless Megatron is present (The Pilot, both finales), which could make for an interesting analysis of character...if they actually analyzed it. I don't think he *spoke* in half of the S2 episodes. Here's hoping we get a bit more on him next season. I wanna find out WHY he washed out of the academy. And they could also bring Sentinel back. He and Prime bounce off each other wonderfully. :)
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Anyway, it actually stood for, y'know, 'Ben's' World of Transformers. The BeesWus TeeEff thing is a coincidence. Or an intentional pun.
The Ben's World thing was a retcon, it originally 'did' stand for Beast Wars Trans Formers. Mmyeah.
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

I never noticed it until I read BWProwl's last post, but Ani Optimus is Rodimus Prime all over again.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:I wanna find out WHY he washed out of the academy.
I assumed it was over Blackarachnia.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

Onslaught Six wrote:
BWprowl wrote:I wanna find out WHY he washed out of the academy.
I assumed it was over Blackarachnia.
That would be my guess. Sentinel's report most likely made it look like it was all Oprtimus's fault that Elita One "died".
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Decepticon Spike wrote:I never noticed it until I read BWProwl's last post, but Ani Optimus is Rodimus Prime all over again.
Well, not reeeally. Much closer to Primal. Rodimus was The Chosen One, while Primal and Animated Prime are simply lower-ranking commanders thrust into isolated situations in which they get to pull rank. I guess there's the doubt factor, but Primal had that too, despite the spiels.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote:

Here's what I find weird, you guys are all from BWTF, Beast Wars TransFormers as the original name went, where the leader was not the commander of the entire faction but merely his small group. Optimus Primal wasn't on the council of Maximal Elders, he was merely the commander of the Axalon. This is far more believable than the leader of an entire race of people getting into the trenches and leading from the front lines. Yet when Animated goes there, it's somehow too hard for you geezers to understand why they'd make Optimus Prime the leader of only a small, rag-tag band - yeah, real challenging.

Um...I'm fine with that, really. I kinda like Prime's motley band of screwups. Which makes me wonder what Prowl's doing there.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

138 Scourge wrote:Um...I'm fine with that, really. I kinda like Prime's motley band of screwups. Which makes me wonder what Prowl's doing there.
Clearly you missed the bit from ABTF. Prowl never finished ninja training.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:
138 Scourge wrote:Um...I'm fine with that, really. I kinda like Prime's motley band of screwups. Which makes me wonder what Prowl's doing there.
Clearly you missed the bit from ABTF. Prowl never finished ninja training.
This has me looking forward to Oil Slick's upcoming appearance in the comics. According to his bio, Slick and Prowl trained together, so that could potentially bring out some more character development in ol' Johnny Bravo.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

JediTricks wrote:
Rigid thinking, Dom.

Here's what I find weird, you guys are all from BWTF, Beast Wars TransFormers as the original name went, where the leader was not the commander of the entire faction but merely his small group. Optimus Primal wasn't on the council of Maximal Elders, he was merely the commander of the Axalon. This is far more believable than the leader of an entire race of people getting into the trenches and leading from the front lines. Yet when Animated goes there, it's somehow too hard for you geezers to understand why they'd make Optimus Prime the leader of only a small, rag-tag band - yeah, real challenging.
O am not complaining about the change in "Animated". I am simply saying that "Animated" Prime is different from the more heroic persona of G1 Prime. (In G1, Prime got on the Ark as the mission was that important, an then they crashed the ship on the planet that would become Earth.)

(My complaints about the aesthetics are completely seperate here.)

I think the complaints many people have about "Animated" Prime is that they do not like him being a screw up. I am fine with this, but some people want their Prime to always be a big hero, just like Megatron has to be a gun and BB a VW bug. They would not complain about Primal for two reasons. 1) Primal is not Prime. 2) Primal was not a screw-up so much as he was a low-ranking officer. Primal was good at the job he had, and likely would have been promoted at some point. "Animated" Prime was demoted to where he was in the first episode.

Dom