AEC recolors: Where to store them?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

AEC recolors: Where to store them?

Post by Dominic »

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on where to store/display their AEC movie recolors.

A few of them, like Big Daddy, can display well enough in vehicle mode with other movie toys. But others, like Inferno, just do not work alongside movie toys. (Contrast Inferno with Ratchet.) I have taken to displaying them with my "Universe" toys. (I had a hard time thinkin of Mudflap as a movie toy, even before "Universe" started shipping.) But, some of the AEC recolors, such as Hardtop or Jolt, have bios that specifically reference the movie, making it harder to put them on the "Universe" shelf.

Dom
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Re: AEC recolors: Where to store them?

Post by CrossRook »

I just.... didn't buy them. :/
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I have a kinda haphazard method of displaying stuff, so I'd just say "wherever they fit". I'd mean that aesthetically as well as literally, too.

So, I guess, Universe shelf or wherever.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

What little stuff I have on display, as opposed to being boxed and stored, is all lumped together. Right now there are some Classics, movie figures, Titaniums and G1 all in one area. I don't really sort things out into different eras as such, though I've thought about it.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Aww man, I still have never seen Big Daddy. This makes me sad :(
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

Having moved recently, most of my stuff is boxed up in storage, but, what few (ok, about 70) I do have on display in the computer room are just put together in random order.
but, at the old house, the Mrs. and I displayed they grouped by character, so all the Soundwaves were together, all the Primes, ect.
Of course, that took up most of the house :D
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I've got them with the Classics, I think. Some of them may have ended up with the Cybertron. I don't recall which.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I have Big Daddy, Jolt, and Jetstorm. Jolt's currently hanging out with the SWTF and ClaMagnus, while Big Daddy's buddying around with AniCyberMegs and Burning Beast Convoy. Jetstorm, meanwhile, is next to my Hasbro Soundwave reissue. So yeah, not so much for the theme displays.

Long-term, I'll display Jolt and Big Daddy with Classics, since that was clearly the intention, homages et cetera. Jetstorm will likely go with Original Flavour Universe, as that's a fairly decent catch-all for random repaints. Then again, he'd work fine with New Universe, that has random repaints too. Ho-hum.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Spike, when you say "all Soundwaves", do you mean BW, MW and G1 as well?

As I recall, G1 and MW (along with the G2 GoBot) are the same character. But, BW, "Cybertron" and "Animated" are all different characters.

My instinct is to put the movie recolors with "Universe" (which has since taken in "Classics"), but the packaging and some of bios root these toys in with the movie.

Dom
-got Big Daddy at digital-toys.com.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Cybertron and Animated are at least intended to be Soundwave homages, though. Mutant Soundwave is just bleah.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.