adaptation and tie-in discussion (w/ spoilers)

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: adaptation and tie-in discussion (w/ spoilers)

Post by Shockwave »

Gomess wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Gom
Aw, man, is this gonna become a real nickname? It was just a joke! T__T =p
Fair enough. I suppose the extra three letters aren't really THAT dificult to type. :P
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

"G" is traditional, but you can be the one guy that calls me Gom. No one else calls you Trekwave, after all. =3
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I was trying to get "Spockwave" going for awhile, but it never caught on.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

It's cleverer than mine, but I can't change tradition. Otherwise I'd just be a Fiddler on the Roof.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:I was trying to get "Spockwave" going for awhile, but it never caught on.
Don't feel bad, my old username Transtrekkie was an attempt to get that to catch on to describe someone who is a Transfan and a Trekkie. It never really took off either.

Shockwave
-Likes the nickname Spockwave.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Gomess wrote:"G" is traditional, but you can be the one guy that calls me Gom. No one else calls you Trekwave, after all. =3
Let's get something straight, we used to call you Gom until Dom showed up and made it really confusing, so I started calling you G. Also so I could do hilarious (not really) gangsta rap parody greetings.

Also, I call him Shocktrek.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Wait wait, I was here before Dom? =/
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

...Yes? I'm assuming we're putting the timeline all the way back to the earliest BWTF Ikonboard days, yeah? In which case, even if Dom was around before you, he certainly didn't seem as prolific or well-known as you did. You and I showed up around the same time, I think, actually--there was this strange mix of old guard and new at BWTF, with guys like BigMD and Metrotitan and KDogg making up the oldest, and then there was me and you and 86 came after I did and then PCM showed up (and promptly disappeared off the face of the fucking Earth; I still owe him a Big Convoy and $20) and then there was Shin (who I think I owe a tenner to) and AU and CrossRook. (I forget, which of those two had Vegeta in his name before?) AND CRAB. Not Mako Crab, different guy--wonder whatever happened to him?

Anyway, for a while 86 and I were calling you Gom until Dom started showing up (at least enough for us to mention him I guess) and I just wasn't going to be fucking confused.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

I had no idea I was so Old Skool.

But I *do* remember BigMD. I hope his musical career went somewhere.

EDIT: I also remember Kal. He and I did not get on. And Optimal-T. She and I did get on! And Trinacron. Uh... I'm not sure anyone got on with Trinacron. And are you sure you don't mean Vegetower? I mean Hightower. Whatever, the other Kiwi (right? He wasn't an Aussie, was he?).
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I started posting in late '01 a bit, and really picked up in the summer of '02, when we were all looking for RiD Scourge. Remember that not at all fun hunt?

Mid '02 is also when there started to be more to post/read about than BotCon speculation (once a year for a few months) and old comics/cartoons/toys. Thank DW and the "Unicron Trilogy" for consistently giving us something new.