2024 Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

2024 Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

Looks like we haven't had a new thread since summer of last year. Anyway, hauls since last time I was on here:

Lego Optimus Prime: My parents got me this for Christmas. Wasn't expecting it, usually transformers in the range of almost $200.00 is a tough sell so I was surprised and excited. And it's AWESOME!! My only complaint is lack of knee articulation in bot mode, but other than that, it's well articulated, and fully transformable and looks great in both modes. It also comes with an Energon Cube, Laser Rifle and Energy Axe. Overall, a very cool set if you can afford it.

Reissue Blaster and Steeljaw: I've never had a copy of Steejaw, so that part is new, otherwise, if you've had a G1 Blaster, this is it. One significant difference is the lack of stickers, all of the stickered detail is tampographed and it's in animation colors.

Titaniums Rodimus Prime: Never had this when it came out and was curios about it's transform. Interesting Rodimus toy. I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to find it, but if you do for a decent price, it's worth checking out. No Matrix.

Diaclone repaints of recent figures: Breaker (Blue Trailbreaker), Detritus (beige Hound), Clamp Down (repaint of Kingdom Red Alert), Deep Cover (blue version of Siege Sideswipe), Burnout (black Skids). Also Siege Prime and Hound. Apparently I've decided that instead of the usual "Ark crew" G1 Autobots, I'm going to have their Diaclone counterparts. And so far, that's working out pretty well. I like the Diaclone figures and have always found them interesting, it's nice to see Hasbro showing so much love for that part of the property.

RID Powered up X-Brawn: Saw this for relatively cheap and I've always loved this figure, and the RID line in general.
andersonh1

Re: 2024 Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:31 pmTitaniums Rodimus Prime: Never had this when it came out and was curios about it's transform. Interesting Rodimus toy. I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to find it, but if you do for a decent price, it's worth checking out. No Matrix.
I have this figure. Nice to have his "camper" integrated into the figure, unlike the G1 version where it is a separate component. His waist doesn't hold together really well on mine, but it's still a nice Rodimus Prime, and the die cast gives it some heft.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:57 pm
Shockwave wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:31 pmTitaniums Rodimus Prime: Never had this when it came out and was curios about it's transform. Interesting Rodimus toy. I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to find it, but if you do for a decent price, it's worth checking out. No Matrix.
I have this figure. Nice to have his "camper" integrated into the figure, unlike the G1 version where it is a separate component. His waist doesn't hold together really well on mine, but it's still a nice Rodimus Prime, and the die cast gives it some heft.
I agree, and it's always interesting to see the various "Prime" figures (Rodimus/Optimus/Magnus) transforming while integrating the trailers. Especially with Rodimus and Magnus and not having separate cab/car that becomes a smaller robot with armor. To my recollection, I think I've only had one, maybe two Magnus' that did that, but most have the white Optimus. I'd like to track down Titanium Magnus for this reason. Or the recent SS one.

Anyway, more hauls because I had stuff on the way:

SG Magnus. Using him as my Diaclone Powered Convoy and it works really well. Aside from the alternate head, there really isn't anything about the figure that says "eViL MAgNuS" so yeah, it works as a diaclone repaint.

Cordon and Spin Out. If you have Earthrise Sunstreaker then you know how these two are. I love the ER Sunstreaker mold and these are no exception.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

TF Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Rumble - not great. No arms, only thin pounders, no elbows, can't hold his weapons, transforms into an awkward cube-thing.

MOTU Origins Cartoon Collection Teela - the rubbery overlay snapped right off when I was accidentally holding it while pulling her waist apart. A nice sculpt but this design should have been rethought. Her shield is also too small for the episode being called out.

MOTU Origins TMNT Ram Man - reuses the original's arms, everything else is either new or new to MOTU with a stout body from the wrestling line for the torso and crotch, new hands, head, and lower legs. Accessories recycle the axes from the first RM, but all new armor for the upper and lower body.

MOTU Origins TMNT Beast Man - reuses all of the Beast Man body and chest armor, swaps in new samurai armor helmet, shoulderpads, and skirt, plus a new mechano-whip and a shell-shield that other figures could wear but he can't. Despite being the "cheap" figure of the wave, they didn't cheap out on paint, although they did fully black out his eyes which I don't like.

DC Multiverse Collector Edition Wonder Woman - much better than I expected, the new headsculpt and torso look very nice with reused arms and legs. Great torso paint, so-so face paint that comes off haughty.
andersonh1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:57 pm
Mine also doesn't hold together for crap, it's a fun design but that part doesn't work very well.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Non-Transformers find: a book I didn't know existed until about a week ago when one of the authors promoted it on a Facebook grounp that I'm a member of. The Lone Ranger: The Early Years 1933-1937 by Martin Grams and Terry Salomonson. The Lone Ranger started out as a radio show on WXYZ and ran three episodes a week for 22 years, producing over 3200 episodes in it's run, which is an astonishingly successful program. I found a website a few years back, radioechoes.com, that has thousands of old radio episodes, including most of the existing Lone Ranger episodes, and I've been listening to them ever since. One of the reasons this book is of such interest to me, apart from detailing how the show was created and listing the actors on the show along with photos, is that it summarizes the plots of the episodes from the years before the show was recorded for syndication. Those first five years worth of episodes went out live and were never recorded, so they don't exist. The authors have gone through the scripts and include plot summaries. I'm really looking forward to reading this one, and hoping for more in the series.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Wow. What a thing to find.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:45 am Wow. What a thing to find.
It's been really interesting so far. Definitely a character created by committee, and who evolved over time rather than appearing fully formed. I wish I could hear those early episodes to see how different he was.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

I got this big bad battlin' dudicus. I always wanted G2 Bruticus, but was never able to get all the components back in the day. Now I have this one.

He's huge!

Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Retro Mindwipe. Mine broke irreparably, so I got another one.

Also Legacy Road Rage and Lift Ticket.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Oh no. How did Mindwipe break? I know Weirdwolf has an issue with his canopy.