Fall 2023 Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Spring 2023 Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:15 pm
Shockwave wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:19 pm Dunno if I ever mentioned Crosscut, but I picked that up at one point. Also, Earthrise Alicon, Titans return Scouge and Titaniums Scourge. So there's a local toy shop that I go to, and they had the Allicon. I had donated my Titans Return figures there, the ones that didn't sell on ebay. One of them was Scourge. But since I have a shelf to 86 Movie Decepticons, I'm trying to fill it out a bit, so I have different Scourges filling in for the Sweeps. I was able to get TR back and then paid for the Titaniums one. Oh and I added Siege Springer to the Autobot shelf.
Nice. I did that with a trade paperback once, traded it in to the local used bookstore. I later regretted it and when I saw it still on the shelf, bought it back. Cost me more than I got for it when I traded it in, but I wanted it back.
Yeah, buyer's remorse the other way. Seller's remorse? I've certainly had plenty of figures that regretted buying and was eager to get rid of. Generations Skids comes to mind. But it's seldom that I regret getting rid of one. Still, they do look pretty cool behind SS Scourge.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Buzzworthy Bumblebee... It's the Ironhide/Prowl 2 pack. If you have either of the regular versions of these, you know what to expect, with the exception of the "destroyed" molding. Prowl has minimal "damage" on the front, which means you can put him on the shelf and he'll look more or less fine with your other figures. Ironhide though has a full busted windshield with roboty bits showing. I thought about getting the regular SS version as well, but just can't justify the expense of owning the same toy twice, just so that one will look... not destroyed? Also find myself wishing I had one of the Voyager class Decepticon Megatrons in order to display the "Such heroic nonsense" scene. All I have in this scale is the Energon Miner and that would look... weird. Anyway, as for the figures themselves, I like this version of Ironhide, it's different from the Earthrise version. Transformation is different and not what I expected, but it works. Prowl is... the P/B/S mold, which is my favorite so far. Overall, I'm glad I got this set, but I'd have been more impressed in Hasbro had just rereleased the ER versions.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Also, not sure if this counts as a haul, but I'm also getting a divorce. A few months ago, my wife told me that she cheated on me, right after she did it. After a few days of yelling and screaming, I told her I want a divorce. We'd been having problems prior to that and there had even been discussions of open marriage, but nothing was agreed and I made it clear I didn't want to do that. She did it on a Wednesday, told me on Thursday. Saturday, we were scheduled to have carpets cleaned and she was going to take the dogs to her mom's house while that was being done. I told her not to come back. And, other than to pick up some needed things, she hasn't. Fortunately, the divorce itself is going well, she responded and isn't disputing or claiming anything. We're agreeing that her stuff is her stuff and my stuff is my stuff and we're just going to go our separate ways. All that's left is the rest of the divorce process and for her to get the rest of her stuff, which she'll do next weekend.

The upside is that, in the wake of this, I'm much happier than I have been in the last 5 1/2 years. I honestly believe she fell in love with a version of me that was never going to exist. I also believe that she saw me as the last opportunity not to be alone and to have the close knit family that my parents and I have that she always craved. All of which was going to cause us to fail eventually anyway. I do miss the dogs though.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Ouch... Sorry to hear that Shockwave.
andersonh1

Re: Spring and Summer 2023 Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

Sorry to hear about this. I hope however difficult things are now that you get through it and come out stronger for the experience.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Thank you guys. It's actually for the best, I was really unhappy for a long time. This weekend was particularly tough. She came by and got the rest of her stuff. I and my parents had packed up her stuff to make it easier to move when the time came. She didn't appreciate it. She got mad and was pretty much yelling the whole time. Which is fine. I anticipated that was how that would go. Fortunately the whole ordeal only took about 3 hours and now I don't have to deal with her anymore. In the wake of this, I'm much stronger and much better off. I'm happy to be me again and get back to enjoying the things I like, I'm financially solvent now and I'm also even getting promoted at work. I really feel like I might entering my own personal golden age. All that remains now is the administrative part of finalizing the divorce and then it will all be over. I feel a huge relief.

Anyway, HAUL!! Studio Series 86 Wreck Gar. Found this at an aftermarket toy shop for 30 bucks and since I'm financially better off now, a $30 toy is within my budget. Looks good on the 86 Autobot Shelf. In fact, My whole "Dorknasium" in general looks awesome now. I was finally able to organize to look the way I want it. It's no longer the catch all, whirling vortex of s#!t that it used to be. Actually that extends to the entire house. It's clean and organized. It was impossible to achieve this with a wife that does not do housework and having multiple animals (at one point, we had 2 cats and 3 dogs).
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Today's non Transformers haul: Green Lantern Corps by Tomasi and Gleason omnibus. I've been hoping this series would be collected in some form. I had found a lot of the issues in the dollar bin last year, but not the earliest ones, so this will fill that gap nicely. The spine design is similar to the Green Lantern by Geoff Johns omnibuses, so it will fit well on the shelf with them.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Transmetal II Blacharachnia. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to buy this. I really like this one, she's my favorite of the spider transformers and it's nice to have one again. And she will look great dangling above my work desk here at home. I haven't had her dangling over my desk in a few years and I've missed it.

Legacy Armada Universe Megatron: Pretty decent figure, I think a good update, simple transformation. Miss the Minicons.

Legacy Nemesis Leo Prime: Not a Predacon. Seriously. He's got a Maximal logo on his chest and I though that must have been a mistake, but nope, scanned the thing, read his bio and he is a Maximal. Ok, He's a clone who wants to replace all of the other Maximals with clones that he can control, but still... Anyway, he's ok. The details really need brightening up, he just looks way to dark all over. Might do some painting. Still, fun figure.

Legacy Core class Optimus Prime and Bumblebee two pack: Prime finally has a trailer. And it's great! Comes with all sorts of accessories, including a piece that allows him to pull his trailer. Slightly different colors from the Kingdom/Legacy version, more original toy accurate I think. Bumblebee is a version that I believe was a target exclusive with some version of Spike. It's alright. Not bad, not great, doesn't really do anything particularly groundbreaking, but if you need a Bumblebee in your collection, then this would be fine. I'll admit the reason I bought this was for the trailer and I regret nothing.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Since tomorrow is the first day of Fall, I guess we'll need to start a new thread. Got two non-Transformers hauls today for $10 each at Ollie's discount: the Green Arrow 75th anniversary volume, and JSA Demise of Justice, a collected edition of the 1991 8 part miniseries. I always look for Transformers when I'm in there, and once they start stocking up toys for the Christmas season, there are bound to be some good buys. I still remember getting Titan class Fortress Maximus for $40 one year at Ollies. Never have found a bargain quite that good again, but you never know.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Siege... I guess Core class Ravage and Laserbeak. I sold these with the Walmart Soundwave as a set when I downsized a few years ago. Found them online for retail cost and decided to get them. Also Studio Series Brawn. I have no complaints about this figure. Looks like he came right off the screen, transformation is interesting and articulation is good. If you find one, get it.