Transformers: Legacy

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers: Legacy

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:56 am Hasbro is actively making main characters as exclusives. Similarly, they are packaging "missing" parts from one toy with another toy (such as the Dinobot swords being packed with the comic-colors Grimlock).

My guess is that they are trying to make the hobby more difficult to promote chained/conditioned buying from collectors.
It's like toys with DLC. That's certainly a model we could live without. And, how long is it going to take a 3P company to just mold and produce the swords themselves. Dear Hasbro: Main versions of main characters should never be exclusives ever! Period. Stop it!

Sigh... I'm gonna wind up with 3 Wheeljacks. The ER one I have now, the one from the 5 pack, because I'm a sucker and I just know I'm going to buy that thing and the "Cybertron mode" one.

Toy companies tried the subscription "live Service" (tm and copyright Commander Jim Stephanie Sterling) and failed. And now they're trying to find another way to monetize all the toys. It's almost like a cross over event in comics where you have to get all the titles to get the complete story.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers: Legacy

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:41 pm It's like toys with DLC. That's certainly a model we could live without. And, how long is it going to take a 3P company to just mold and produce the swords themselves. Dear Hasbro: Main versions of main characters should never be exclusives ever! Period. Stop it!

Toy companies tried the subscription "live Service" (tm and copyright Commander Jim Stephanie Sterling) and failed. And now they're trying to find another way to monetize all the toys. It's almost like a cross over event in comics where you have to get all the titles to get the complete story.
This is exactly what it's like.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou