Transformers: Legacy

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers: Legacy

Post by Sparky Prime »

Some early images of Takara's Legacy United Silverbolt (along with MP Rhinox, ROTB Optimus Prime, and Studio Series Terrorcon Novakane) showed up online the other day.

Which means, at some point we will be getting a Legacy Silverbolt figure. Really happy to see how they've improved upon the original figure with this. Hopefully the Hasbro version will look this good.

Edit: Full reveal of Takara's Silverbolt. (Also, here's MP Rhinox)
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Magmatron, Silverbolt and Stranger Things crossover Code Red have been officially revealed.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigerhawk

I never expected we'd get a new Tigerhawk figure, and I'm so happy that we got this one. The only thing I'm not really a fan of with this figure is the beast mode's head. The sculpt just doesn't look much like a tiger to me, looks more like a bear. I am glad they left out the falcon mask, since that only hindered the original toy. No articulated blue tongue like the original, although the jaw does move. The wings are hollow, making them look a little incomplete on the underside. It's unfortunate, but still passable. Articulation has been improved from the original figure, giving him a wider range of motion. I'm surprised of all things he doesn't have wrist articulation though. It's not a big deal, since his arms can rotate 360 degrees, but considering they made the wingtips like Silverbolt's, in that he can wield them like melee weapons, it seems a little odd they didn't give him that. The right arm wrist weapon is removable, I guess to make it seem like it's deployed or not without giving it articulation. There's also a port to put it on the left arm. Like the original toy, the missile launchers (although they've been changed from missiles to laser canons, ironically being one change to make it slightly less accurate to the animation model) behind the wing machine guns can be rotated around or removed to be hand held. He's got one faux detail, being the cockpit in his beast mode. It works for this figure, since the animation model changed how it looked between modes anyway.

So, while it has a few drawbacks, this is still a great update from the original figure and is much more accurate to the animation model. They really did a great job designing this one.
Last edited by Sparky Prime on Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

This kind of kills my interest in the line.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/01/06/new ... ker-501628

Hasbro is getting in to the habit of making 1984/85 characters as weird exclusives. Hobby is getting less fun.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:58 am This kind of kills my interest in the line.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/01/06/new ... ker-501628

Hasbro is getting in to the habit of making 1984/85 characters as weird exclusives. Hobby is getting less fun.
These are likely going to be reissues/slight repaints of existing figures. So most fans that want those characters are likely going to already have them. I myself already have two of them with Siege Hound and Earthrise Wheeljack. If I wanted to fill out the rest, I could probably do so relatively cheaply.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

My problem is that Hasbro is making Hound part of a mail-away exclusive 5-pack, with slight recolors of toys that most people have.

Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker were somewhat rare at standard retail. But, they were easy to find online. Anybody who can get the upcoming 5-pack probably had a chance to get Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker. Wheeljack and Jazz, while fine toys, were common.

Hasbro is taking a main character (Hound), and making it a mail-away exclusive, in a damned 5 pack.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:19 am My problem is that Hasbro is making Hound part of a mail-away exclusive 5-pack, with slight recolors of toys that most people have.

Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker were somewhat rare at standard retail. But, they were easy to find online. Anybody who can get the upcoming 5-pack probably had a chance to get Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker. Wheeljack and Jazz, while fine toys, were common.

Hasbro is taking a main character (Hound), and making it a mail-away exclusive, in a damned 5 pack.
I guess the reason I'm not bothered by this is because if they have to go the exclusive route on anything, especially with main characters, I would prefer this where they release a 5 pack of characters that already have mass releases vs. what they did with Earthrise where several main characters were only released as online exclusives that sold out immediately and were cost prohibitive to a lot of fans. It's still super expensive to get regular versions of Prowl, Barricade, Punch/Counterpunch and Ramjet. Ironhide and Dirge have since seen mass release. Even Thundercracker and Skywarp that were relatively easier to find have gotten expensive, as has Thrust and the rest of the exclusives. So yeah, if they absolutely HAVE to do this, I prefer the "mass release first, exclusive later" model that gives fans a decent chance at all the characters.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I have Detritus, it's an ok figure but feels underbaked, so while I would have loved to have gotten Hound in Buzzworthy Bumblebee - OR JUST AT MAINLINE - I'm not going to rue this 5-pack. It's a terrible idea, absolutely the worst possible plan, but it'll get Sunstreaker into hands which is good, and... um... ok I can't defend how ugly that cartoon-painted Wheeljack is.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Hasbro is actively making main characters as exclusives. Similarly, they are packaging "missing" parts from one toy with another toy (such as the Dinobot swords being packed with the comic-colors Grimlock).

My guess is that they are trying to make the hobby more difficult to promote chained/conditioned buying from collectors.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Dominic wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:56 am Hasbro is actively making main characters as exclusives. Similarly, they are packaging "missing" parts from one toy with another toy (such as the Dinobot swords being packed with the comic-colors Grimlock).

My guess is that they are trying to make the hobby more difficult to promote chained/conditioned buying from collectors.
This kind of stuff, plus the price increase and QC decrease, has completely driven me away from Hasbro. I'm third party from now on.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou