WTF,TF4 Movie/toy line only has 2 decepticons in it?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

This is not really a spoiler,As it's just me & others guessing/Speculating on the available info we know thus far.

TF4 toy line/movie might or might not just have depticon lockdown & Galvatron in it. Technically Lockdown shouldn't count as a decepticon as his persona in the past has him as a nuetral bounty hunter who plays both sides as long as he gets something in return. So the only Deccepticon in the TF4 movie/toy line is Galvatron. THIS WOULD TOTALLY RUIN IT FOR ME,As I was hoping for atleast Six to Eight more Decepticons be in the TF4 movie/toy line.

My guesses/speculation,Is that the TF4 movie Dinobots will be used as pawns by both sides like the Armada minicons were used. The Dinobots will probaly have low IQ's which made them easy to manipulate by both sides.

At this point,I'm even guessing perhaps the Autobots will have Five Dinobots. Then the Decepticons will have there own different unique Dinobots,That are different dino species,names/personas.

If There is only Two decepticons in the TF4 movie/Toy line,Then this will be a major bummer. As I wanted to see a few big brutes Decepticon in TF4 like Tidalwave,Trypticon,Overlord,Blitzwing,Astrotrain,Cyclonus,1986 Scourge,Perhaps a 5 man combiner team.

Lastly,I'm wondering/speculating if the TF4 movie/Toy line will do a BM/AEC/TFP-BH Decepticons vehicons Drones thing. I suspose this makes sense on a CGI level as it saves them money.

If TF4 movie/toy line only has Two decepticons in it. I will be vastly dissapointed in Micheal bay & Hasbro. Sure it's cool getting about 30+ TF Dinbots toys spread across various sizes & toy lines like AOE/Kreo/Constructbots. But I need my TF4 Decepticons toys too.

What's your thoughts on this? do you care or not?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: WTF,TF4 Movie/toy line only has 2 decepticons in it?

Post by Sparky Prime »

Hasbro has yet to reveal all of the figures in the lineup to know much at this point. However, we know there is at least one more confirmed Decepticon called Stinger. Hasbro has already shown a one step changer version of him, it's likey he will get a deluxe scale figure as well.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Well, the fact is I don't think Decepticons sell as well as the autobots, especially among non-fans. This has been a phenomenon in Japan for ages: there have been plenty of Japanese TF lines without Decepticons, and in general every TF line has fewer 'cons than 'bots. And lok at other toylines, you'll usually see one or two villains to a plethora of heroes (I remember as a kid dragging my parents to like five toy stores trying to find a Joker figure when BTAS' toys were new, because here were a billion Lava or Arctic Batman toys but the only villain of the assortment was fucking shortpacked).

Plus, I get the feeling that TF4 will have more human villains- that Chinese chick who's said to be reverse engineering Cybertronian tech and the fact that Marky Mark will be running around with a sword makes me feel that the threat in this film will be human-sized.

So, I think the TF4 line will have more than 2 decepticons, but I also think that it (and the film itself) will have fewer 'cons than we're used to.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:Hasbro has yet to reveal all of the figures in the lineup to know much at this point. However, we know there is at least one more confirmed Decepticon called Stinger. Hasbro has already shown a one step changer version of him, it's likey he will get a deluxe scale figure as well.
I saw the one step pics of a red sports car that transformed into a decepticon robot,I just didn't know the name. Stinger, might as well be a autobot as he transforms into a small puny sports car.

I need big brute decepticons with huge powerful alt modes. like overlord,trypticon,blitzwing,astrotrain,gestalt,tidalwave. As i'm in it for the toys first & media a distant second. I don't buy that many smalls like legends,commanders or deluxes. I buy mostly voyagers,ultra's,super's,leaders,ultimates & titans.

My speculation is that those army of transformers that the humans built will get stolen & reprogrammed by galvatron or lockdown & made into a Vehicon drone army.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Almighty Unicron wrote:Well, the fact is I don't think Decepticons sell as well as the autobots, especially among non-fans. This has been a phenomenon in Japan for ages: there have been plenty of Japanese TF lines without Decepticons, and in general every TF line has fewer 'cons than 'bots. And lok at other toylines, you'll usually see one or two villains to a plethora of heroes (I remember as a kid dragging my parents to like five toy stores trying to find a Joker figure when BTAS' toys were new, because here were a billion Lava or Arctic Batman toys but the only villain of the assortment was fucking shortpacked).

Plus, I get the feeling that TF4 will have more human villains- that Chinese chick who's said to be reverse engineering Cybertronian tech and the fact that Marky Mark will be running around with a sword makes me feel that the threat in this film will be human-sized.

So, I think the TF4 line will have more than 2 decepticons, but I also think that it (and the film itself) will have fewer 'cons than we're used to.
The way I see it,The two or three decepticons on earth are going to new more troops & big brutes to fight the autobots,Dinobots & those earth made transformers with. The only options I see is that lockdown or galvatron steal & reprogram the earth created trasformers then turn them in vehicons drone armies. The humans could have created different alt modes-bots. rumors are the autobots & decepticon take turns using the dinobots.

At this point,I'm hoping one of those huge Decepticons space ships that are in space over the earth. transforms from a huge space ship then into a huge robot. having this huge brute on the earth would be epic.

I know this might be a stretch,but Kreo & Constructbots is showing different TF4 species dinosaurs with different names then the ones shown in the TF4 toyfair toy lines. Perhaps there are more than Five Dinobots in the TF4 movie/toy line. Perhaps the Decepticons have a few of there own dinobots.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Stinger, might as well be a autobot as he transforms into a small puny sports car.
Not only Autobots transform into sports cars. And the car sized Transformers are the general size of the majority of Transformers. Even if he isn't a big brute, at least he's another Decepticon that'll be in the film.

Edit: Rumor has it Cyclonus will also be in the movie, although I have yet to see that officially confirmed anywhere.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I was looking at some of the Kre-O sets earlier today that were on display at Toy Fair, and noticed the name of one of the sets kinda goes along with something that's come up in this discussion. The set is called the
Spoiler
Galvatron Factory Battle, possibly suggesting Galvatron is a human built Transformer
Last edited by Sparky Prime on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Wasn't Bludgeon confirmed to be in this too? Or at least someone using his name.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote: The set is called the
Spoiler
Galvatron Factory Battle, possibly suggesting Galvatron is a human built Transformer
I highly doubt this.

I suspect TF4 Galvatron might have a origin similar to IDW Galvatron.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:Wasn't Bludgeon confirmed to be in this too? Or at least someone using his name.
Can't say I've seen the name come up for the film.
Tigermegatron wrote:I highly doubt this.
Why? I mean, granted a Kre-O set isn't much to go on, but it does show a
Spoiler
blueprint of Galvatron
along with two other Transformers on the upper platform and it is supposed to be representing a scene from the film...
I suspect TF4 Galvatron might have a origin similar to IDW Galvatron.
Meaning he's just another Cybertronian that's not related to Megatron? Certainly still a possibility, but that Kre-O set would seem to dispute that.