The 2012 Botcon schedule is up,its a bust/awful/garbage.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: The 2012 Botcon schedule is up,its a bust/awful/garbage.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:I don't see why i'm not entitled to complain because I don't pay to go to botcon.
If you don't go to Botcon, why do you even care what their schedule is? It's not going to change any of the information reported online.
Because previous Botcon convention years. Had the hasbro TF toy panel on Saturday & Sunday. I remember one year,The botcon Hasbro TF toy panels were on friday,saturday & sunday.

Having only one day on saturday for the Hasbro TF toy panel that only last 50 minutes. means hasbro won't be able or won't show that much newer TF toys,news & projector pics. the more days & more time adds more stuff that gets revealed.

Having only one day with the hasbro TF toy panel that only last 50 minutes. means less news that gets reported on the internet. because by default their will be less Hasbro TF toy panel news to report.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

Where did you guys see that the dinner is $75? As far as I can tell, it's included with the pre-registration, which I think has always been the case (the exception being the Party at Paramount in '09, which was an additional $50).
I disappear.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Because previous Botcon convention years. Had the hasbro TF toy panel on Saturday & Sunday. I remember one year,The botcon Hasbro TF toy panels were on friday,saturday & sunday.

Having only one day on saturday for the Hasbro TF toy panel that only last 50 minutes. means hasbro won't be able or won't show that much newer TF toys,news & projector pics. the more days & more time adds more stuff that gets revealed.

Having only one day with the hasbro TF toy panel that only last 50 minutes. means less news that gets reported on the internet. because by default their will be less Hasbro TF toy panel news to report.
Have you looked up the schedules for previous Botcons? I don't see any years where they've had more than 1 Hasbro toy panel lasting any longer than an hour. And the years they've had more than one Hasbro panel, the other panels have been about a different aspect like designs or story building. So it's normal they only have 1 Hasbro toy panel for about 50 minutes.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

MAJOR UPDATE: I went to the botcon official site & decided to check out the Convention FAQ & attendee admittance schedule.

Botcon is a 5 day convention from wedneday thru sunday. sadly if your not willing to pay over $300 for a botcon attendee package,then you get denied accces on wednesday,thursday & friday.

If your only willing to pay the normal $20 attendee admittance. then your only allowed into the Botcon convention on Saturday & sunday. adults pay $20 for general admittance. kids pay $10 for general admittance. kids under $4 get free admittance.

The dealers room opens up on late thursday for a hour or two to those who possess those golden tickets.

on friday the dealers room is open all day. Their are a bunch of live panels & a whole bunch of autograph sessions. so if your not willing to pay over $300 for a package attendee thing you get denied access to friday.

Apparently if you pay $20 for general admittance on saturday & sunday & you want autographs,Then you have to pay a extra $25 for a wristband that allows you the privillage to get autographs. it's worth a serious mention autographs are extremly limited & their not guaranteed.

On the Botcon FAQ it says that the live panels are open to everyone,even those who pay the General admission $20 fee. I can almost guarantee that the fun pub crew isn't going to allow the General admittance people to take seats away from those who paid over $300 for those admittance packages. Since the General admittance people have to wait outside for two hours each day on saturday & sunday while the $300 package atendees get in two hours before. it's a given that those who pay the $300 will run to the panel seats & sit their the whole day or take turns with other $300 package people filling the seats.

it sure seems like fun pub is running a ruthless scalper type Botcon convention. I wonder what the two hartman brothers think about all of this. everyone complained about the 3rd 3H guy named glen being ruthless but he's no where as ruthless as Fun pub is for their botcon convention.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Tigermegatron wrote:On the Botcon FAQ it says that the live panels are open to everyone,even those who pay the General admission $20 fee. I can almost guarantee that the fun pub crew isn't going to allow the General admittance people to take seats away from those who paid over $300 for those admittance packages. Since the General admittance people have to wait outside for two hours each day on saturday & sunday while the $300 package atendees get in two hours before. it's a given that those who pay the $300 will run to the panel seats & sit their the whole day or take turns with other $300 package people filling the seats.
Panels don't work that way. You can't just sit in the room all day and take up space. Many conventions will mandate a room-clear either before or after a major panel in order to combat this, and many popular panels will line up for up to an hour before it, but usually not any more. (Exceptions to this are usually things like concerts. Which, by the way, why don't we get any cool concerts? Let's get Botch The Crab's band up there, fuck it. Or me!)

There will occasionally be times where you can duck into a panel towards the end of it to get a spot for the next panel, but it's usually only if the next panel is a middle-of-the-road thing that doesn't matter much. For example, at Otakon last year I wanted to be at the Q&A panel for Johnny Yong Bosch, who played Adam the Black Ranger on Power Rangers and voices several popular anime characters like Vash the Stampede from Trigun. I think the panel before that was a Q&A with the creator of Modoka Magica or some other anime I don't care about. But I had nothing to do before the Bosch panel, so I just ducked into it in the last 15 minutes or so, picked where I wanted to sit, and then just hung out there. The Bosch panel didn't get an overwhelming amount of people so it didn't matter.

However, that night I attended the Voice Actors After Dark panel (because they're always kinda funny) where we had to line up for about an hour beforehand. I forget what panel was before it (I think it had something to do with vampires or zombies or something) but before we could go into the panel room, everyone who was there for the vampirezombie panel had to leave. The only way to attend both panels would be to get out of the room, possibly early, and then hurriedly get back in line and hope that you were early enough still that they hadn't reached capacity for the room.

And also, I've never heard of Botcon--or any convention--ejecting people from a panel unless they were causing problems. If you get in line like everyone else, then it doesn't matter how much you paid to get in. You're there.

(I also think it's kind of bullshit that Friday is excluded for general audiences, but then, I think it's bullshit that Botcon apparently has no middle-of-the-road $40-50 option that includes admission for all the days, but not any of the perks like the exclusive toys. Even a small, 3000-5000 person convention like MAGFest charges $50 for a three-day walk-in, so that's acceptable. MAGFest curbs this by offering registration for $30 and then $40 depending on how early you register. Plus, if you get in on a group rate of 8 or more people registering at once, then you get each badge for $30.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

My mistake. I thought that the dinner was extra.

In theory, obligating somebody to buy the toys is not that bad, because the toys can be flipped for money at the show, possibly covering the cost of the ticket. Of course, that also obligates people to make a larger out of pocket expense.

Dom
-generally sees Hasbro as a less useful source of information, regardless of venue.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:My mistake. I thought that the dinner was extra.
I thought it was, but I haven't looked at the thing.
In theory, obligating somebody to buy the toys is not that bad, because the toys can be flipped for money at the show, possibly covering the cost of the ticket. Of course, that also obligates people to make a larger out of pocket expense.
Bingo. I'm not typically able to drop $300 even if I have a guaranteed profit on top of that.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Dominic wrote:My mistake. I thought that the dinner was extra.
I thought it was, but I haven't looked at the thing.
Bingo. I'm not typically able to drop $300 even if I have a guaranteed profit on top of that.
Those botcon cenvention toys are getting harder & harder to try to sell on ebay. most sellers list insane high starting prices or high buy it now's. that result in the botcon toys taking extremly long to sell (months/years) or not sell at all.

Botcon cenvention toys only sell on ebay a month before botcon & a month after botcon. due to all the hype of buyers wanting to get the in/newest/popular/fan candy. once their deemed "not in" then no one bids on them on ebay.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:Botcon cenvention toys only sell on ebay a month before botcon & a month after botcon. due to all the hype of buyers wanting to get the in/newest/popular/fan candy. once their deemed "not in" then no one bids on them on ebay.
Which is why it'd be nice if these sellers would lower their prices after a while, instead of leaving the BIN in the hundreds for ever and ever. I'd *really* like to be able to get BotCon/AM/SG/Ohgodmyeyes Thundercracker for a decent price eventually.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

For my part, I wouldn't mind if SG Grimlock was cheaper at some point. I don't know how cheap it would have to get for my desire for Grimlocks to overcome my distaste for Shattered Glass.

Anyhoo, I figure it like this: I'm not likely to go to BotCon. So I don't figure I have a reason to bitch about the panels at or costs of this thing I'm not going to. Because shit, why should they cater to the people who aren't going to the damn thing?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.