SDCC animated news

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
onslaught86

Re: SDCC animated news

Post by onslaught86 »

I am not just annoyed by Fracture being another homage, but I am sic k of fan-service female characters. Ah well, as long as it does not ape Override GTS's box art.....
Oh. believe me, you're preaching to the choir. A good number of the more active TFCC members belong to the SQUEE FEMBOTS camp. One of them has Blackarachnia tattoos. I kid you not. Another has about twenty Energon Arcees and commissions fan-artists to draw him pervy pictures. I'd be more worried if the former wasn't gay, and the latter wasn't married.

So my stance is usually one of "Enough already!" We've had the excessive Energon Arcee repaints, plus Airazor, and that's quite enough worthless fembot characters for me. A case could be made for Flamewar, mind.
Fracture, however, has a cool deco and is a neat homage to a good character. Crasher's anything but fan-service to 'that' camp. I like Blackarachnia as a character (Animated's version..not so much), sure, it's the characters who're defined by their gender and nothing else that I take offense to (Airazor, Arcee, Elita-1 et al). Given that Crasher was neither, it's a welcome nod in my book.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I find it hilarious that Airazor is defined solely by her gender, considering what they did to her in Japan.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

I think it's a rule that, every now and then, SOMEONE crossing the Pacific, fictional or otherwise, must have their sex, gender, or sexuality changed by the Kalua Triangle or something.

I thought this had ended with Saior Moon! Ohh, how wrong I was.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

In Japanese "Pokemon" episodes, Team Rocket seemed able to swap at will.

Can somebody please fill me in on Gobots, because I really have no recollection at all of that show. I recall bad animation and that the pairings made combat sense. (For example, L1 and Cy-Kill would not fight each other. Cy-Kill would send his 'copter guy after Leader-1 and then go beat up a Guardian ground=pounder.) But, I do not recall much else.

Was it really that good?

Dom
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

No, no it wasn't that good. Or, really, good at all, outside of having Crasher.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

It was Hanna-Barbera Transformers. Not-too-serious episodes, but the humour was self-referential enough to actually be funny. Also, the BAD GUYS had a human partner. That, alone, is cool.

There was a core cast of three Guardians (goodies) and three Renegades (the other kind of robot), but more-or-less-every-episode they'd use the ASTRO BEAM TRANSPORT to bring in another Gobot from Gobotron, but that was always temporary (I don't recall how the main six became permanently stranded on Earth, come to think).

The Guardians had, like, three human sidekicks now that I think about it. They were totally boring, but one had a moustache, and one was black AND a girl, so, mega-points relative to TF.

The animation was more consistent than TF; nowhere near on a par with episodes like Revenge of Bruticus or The Ultimate Weapon, but unbelievably superior to Five Faces of Darkness.

Any other questions? =D

(No, it wasn't THAT good, but it was better than most remember. Certainly more "childish" than TF, but at the same time, somehow more solid and sure of itself.)
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I do recall the one episode where the Renegades turned everyone on Earth into a few glass globes (human scientists built some kinda ray that turned a few million people into one of these globes. Why, I forget, overpopulation or something). Anyway, yeah, Renegades get this device, use it on the planet, and steal all the spheres, at which point they have the whole human population by the balls, as it were.

Well, anyway, Cy-Kills ransoming the population so he can get something or other, but to prove he's serious, he crushes one of these globes in his hand, essentially destroying a fifth (I think) of Earth's population in one moment. That kinda flipped me out at the time.

I mean, it was revealed that said globes were fakes at the end, but still, good moment there.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I guess I need to spend some quality time with an old friend called You Tube.

Dom
-despises self referential humour.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Dominic wrote:despises self referential humour.
Even Starscream's "Forgive me, but I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar..." retort to Megs in the G1 classic Heavy Metal War??

I thought that was great.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

It is just that my tolerance for insulare club-house hobbies has decreased over the years.

Dom