Transformers Rise of the Beasts

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers Rise of the Beasts

Post by Shockwave »

I've watched it and for the most part, I enjoyed it. My only real complaints are that
Spoiler
Air Razor doesn't transform
and Scourge seems overpowered. I get playing up the "Powered by Unicron" thing, but I think they over did it. Other than that, I was entertained, which is all I ask of a movie like this.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I watched another hour or so today, and it definitely improves once all the Transformers get involved. Nice to see the Autobots and Maximals all meet and compare notes. I guess Prime's character arc in this movie is "how Optimus learned to trust humans". :)
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:01 amScourge seems overpowered. I get playing up the "Powered by Unicron" thing, but I think they over did it.
Yeah, I didn't buy it when they went from barely even being able to touch Scourge in the first battles, to literally cutting him to pieces in the final battle. It seemed like they took him down too easily in the end. I think they should have explained they figured out a way to cut him off from Unicron's power boost, or better yet, didn't make him so overpowered in the first place.

On a completely different note... I appreciated that the creators used the symbols of the Maximal language from the Beast Wars cartoon. Apparently, some of it even translates into something real.