Hotshot

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Hotshot

Post by Dominic »

Considering that Hotshot will be appearing in both "Animated" and in the 25A lines, I figure it is appropriate to start a dedicated character thread on the sepia centurion.

I am also posting this because my lil' cousin, he is 10, really likes Hotshot. His favorite is MKIII from "Cyberton".

He, my cousin, chose the color for this post, and he says, "Go Autobots!"

Dom
-going to google some images of the upcoming 25A figure for 'im n,ow.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Hotshot

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hot Shot has the potential to be a decent character if he's done right--'not' as a cookie-cutter up and comer With Potential, I feel, but more as a Cocky Young Douchebag who you just want to see get the crap beat out of him. And then it 'happens.' So he's like AniSentinel, without the Prime part.

I'm looking forward to both 25th Hot Shot and AniHot Shot.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

a Cocky Young Douchebag who you just want to see get the crap beat out of him. And then it 'happens.'
That 'was' Armada Hot Shot. Recall the episode where Sideways, Gasp, betrayed him, and then kicked the crap out of him on the moon. And then when Wheeljack did the same thing.

We need a new Armada Wheeljack, his toy sucks but the design is great. Really looking forward to 25th Hot Shot here, I'll likely nab Takara's release. Hey, I have Takara's Micron Legend Hot Rod with snazzy light-up fist, so I may as well shoot for consistency.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Remember that Scavenger kicked the crap out of him as well. Yeah, what Hot Shot does, he did best in Armada.

It makes me wonder how he'll be handled in Animated since, as O6 pointed out, we already have a similar character in Sentinel. Not that Animated's above stacking archetypes, I'm just saying. Of course, they aren't exatly the same. Where Sentinel's like the jerk version of Optimus, Hot Shot should be like the jerk version of Bumblebee. I am digging the design though.

If Hasbro has any love for the fandom at all, they'll somehow throw a jAaM reference into the 25A toy's bio.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:If Hasbro has any love for the fandom at all, they'll somehow throw a jAaM reference into the 25A toy's bio.
Sadly, there's not gonna be anything of the sort in Animated. They found out too late. I demand it happen in Season 4, though.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Aww, that thar is a gosh darn shame, that is. I heart JaAmShot.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I could do without an obscure fandom reference in the character bio.

"Armada" Wheeljack is not a bad toy. The problem is that the engineering is uninspired, despite being well executed.

Okay, here are some thoughts on toy-shot.

The original toy was "Armada" in microcosm. It was, (at the time), a new (and more innocent) aesthetic that incorporated innovative mechanics. The execution may have been flawed, and it was fashionable to bash the toy. But, I cannot fault Aaron Archer for a lack of effort.

Dom
-hopes TFA Hotshot has Jolt.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Obscure? jAaM is not obscure--at least, not to anyone who was actually 'around' for Armada, which is likely the kind of collector 25th Hot Shot is attracting.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I was thinking "obscure" in the sense that "nobody *outside* the fandom, (most people buying toys at most stores), knows or cares about obscure fandom in-jokes".

Dom
-really does not want to see toys start to make the same idiotic mistakes comics have been making, and suffering for, these last 20 years.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

There are a few too many weird references being plastered onto the toys themselves lately for my taste, as well.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh