Which figures are you looking forward to most?

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
onslaught86

Which figures are you looking forward to most?

Post by onslaught86 »

So yeah. Now we've seen most of what Animated will have to offer before the Gigantic Movie Explosion, what's tickling your fancy the most? The redecos? The homages? The new characters? All the stuff we've already seen in the show and haven't seen on shelves yet? Do tell!
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Re: Which figures are you looking forward to most?

Post by donosaur »

I own all three Hot Shots already, so that's tradition. Gotta get him and probably Rodimus.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I want Roadbuster Magnus. And Shockwave. And..and..Samurai Prowl.

Animated's kinda boring now.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Ha, I told you.

There's Waspy, still.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

If they make a new Strika figure, I'd be interested in that.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

I bet Brawn will have some charm. Funny how Oil Slick is already out and shelfwarming to a degree. Here I assumed he was our first non-show mold, but there you go. This raises the question of whether or not Animated is going to bother with non-show Transformers. I assume their design process is deeply integrated into the writing and design portions, so it seems unlikely that Wyatt would spend time designing something for the toy makers that wasn't also going to be used on-screen, if that makes any sense.

(I'm not counting repaints as non-show characters, not that we've had any repaints yet who were intended to be anyone new. I almost hope they make a Cybertonian version of Bumblebee so we can get Wasp and Cliffjumpers that are show accurate)
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I'm actually somewhat interested in Oil Slick, but I'm more interested in Universe so that's been eating up my hobby budget. I may still pick up OS at some point. Ratchet and to some extent Blackarachnia are shelfwarming around here.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

He doesn't have a very imaginative transformation, which I suspected was due to his being non-show. However he makes up for it by being very creepy and expressive. Both modes are executed really well, the transform is just a total no brainer
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I'm really looking forward to Sunstorm myself. So happy that he's a Voyager. Looking forward to Swindle too.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Ha, I told you.

There's Waspy, still.
I officially do not like Animated Waspinator. The aesthetic doesn't work for him, his headsculpt sucks, and I swear those wings will be hellishly fragile.

I did, however, forget Wreck-Gar. Wreck-Gar I do want.
Funny how Oil Slick is already out and shelfwarming to a degree. Here I assumed he was our first non-show mold, but there you go
Hm, well, he 'was', but then the show guys liked him enough to put him in S3. I dig that. Oil Slick's a keen design, though as you say, transformation's uninspired. I feel he needed more paint apps too, perhaps a repaint will work at some point.