Power of the Primes

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Power of the Primes

Post by Dominic »

I think the idea for Onyx is that the first beast Prime should come with the most prominent beast-themed combiner. (They also could have retooled Devastator to include Nexus by this logic.)

The inner robots are just meant to represent the Prime's spark. Which really doesn't make much sense given a spark is an orb of energy, not a transforming robot, but again, lots of odd choices from Hasbro in this line.
I would say "lazy choices" in this line.

And, poor distribution is getting to be enough of a problem that I am losing interest in the toys again. I have yet to pick up Hungrrr. And, I do not think that the other Terrorcons are out yet.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I have Rippersnapper and Hungrrr isn't even in stock at BBTS, much less in brick and mortar stores.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I saw Hungrrr a few times. But, money did not line up with those times.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

How has distribution on this line been in other places? It has been uneven in/around Boston.

Wave 1: Everything has shown up in some quantity. The larger figures (core bodies and the armored figures) have mostly sold through. Limbss and smaller are still widely available.

Wave 2: The limbs showed up briefly, but sold through. I have seen the Scouts a few times, and only once as a complete wave. No Prime shells. The core bodies sold through, but were available in enough quantity that I could have got them if I wanted to. Armor figures sold through quickly.

Wave 3: I have seen Inferno, which seems to be packed with a re-ship of Grimlock. Despite not being the core of a legitimate team, Inferno sold through pretty quickly. Nothing else from Wave 3 has appeared
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

After finding Sludge and Snarl in early April, the only new tempting POTP figure I've seen since is Rodimus Unicronous, and $50 is a big no for now. This line feels like it's stumbled badly. I've not seen much of wave 2 Prime Masters, but wave 1 is choking the land with its dead. Voyagers and Leaders are selling fairly well, but I also don't know that I care about the designs in the line.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I like the line more than I thought I would. But, it tempts me less than "Combiner Wars" did. Ironically, the less appealing that the line is over-all is part of why I have to be less disciplined.

I like the Dinobots. (Ironically, the order I like them almost inverts between character and toy.)

But, Starscream, Elita and Inferno are easy to skip because they do not have a consistent set of limbs. Unless one is willing to cannibalize limbs from an established team, or another line, it is impossible to use those core-bodies without mixing factions.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote:I like the line more than I thought I would. But, it tempts me less than "Combiner Wars" did. Ironically, the less appealing that the line is over-all is part of why I have to be less disciplined.

I like the Dinobots. (Ironically, the order I like them almost inverts between character and toy.)

But, Starscream, Elita and Inferno are easy to skip because they do not have a consistent set of limbs. Unless one is willing to cannibalize limbs from an established team, or another line, it is impossible to use those core-bodies without mixing factions.
I'm enjoying the line well enough. Starscream was an easy skip because I still have CW Starscream and Classics Starscream. Elita1 will have other limb bots to go with her, right now there's Moon raceer but later it will include Firestar and two others whose names I can't remember right now. As for Inferno... yeah, I could get him I guess, but I haven't seen any limbs announced for him and would honestly just prefer to get Universe Inferno. I am looking forward to the rest of Abominus and Predaking and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we some sort of announcement for Pirhanacon later.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I have seen the speculation about the Seacons. But, how to do all 6?

As for Elita-1's limbs, I believe that Novastar is in the last wave of limb figures. That would mean there is no complete team.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote:I have seen the speculation about the Seacons. But, how to do all 6?

As for Elita-1's limbs, I believe that Novastar is in the last wave of limb figures. That would mean there is no complete team.
I saw a listing for a complete team somewhere, I'll try to track it down. As for the Seacons, that would be really easy as the CW groups have all had six member (1 voyager, 4 deluxes and a legends) so yeah, one of the original Seacons would just be the legends figure (probably Overbite). They could just be extensive remolds of some of the existing figures like they did with others in the CW line.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I broke down and picked up Starscream yesterday.

This figure is easy to skip. The robot and jet modes are very chunky, bordering on "Rescue Bots" proportions. The torso mode is passable, but not good enough to justify on its own (without a dedicated team). The best reason to get this figure is if you want a Starscream that is visually compatible with Bandai "Mega Man" figures.