TF5: The Last Knight

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: TF5: The Last Knight

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:You want to hate Bay. You really want to hate the guy.

http://collider.com/michael-bay-dog-transformers-5/

(Say what we might about his movies, but Bay himself cannot be all bad.)
Something something Hitler dogs.

No, I'll do even one better, he treats this dog FAR better than he treats the people in his movies (to say nothing of his audiences), the way he treated Megan Fox in her audition phase was grotesque and dehumanizing.

Bay has worsened the quality of an entire artistic entertainment medium through his soulless hackery.

And, in closing...
https://youtu.be/hOxMzNaMoMw?t=21s
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Something something Hitler dogs.
Really?

Seriously?

Really?

Wow.

No, I'll do even one better, he treats this dog FAR better than he treats the people in his movies (to say nothing of his audiences), the way he treated Megan Fox in her audition phase was grotesque and dehumanizing.

And, other people who work for Bay view him favourably. Bay and Fox have heat. Whatever. Celebrity drama.

Bay does not mistreat his audiences because they opt in.

By the time that third TF movie dropped, I conceded any right to complain about the movie that I bought a ticket for because I damned well knew what I was buying in for.

Ya know what, I hate Geoff Johns' comics. I avoid them like the plague they are. But, I am not going to say that Johns beats his wife and fucks dogs. If Johns did something legitimately meritorious, I would try to put a sinister spin on it because.....well that would just be an asshole thing to do.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:And, other people who work for Bay view him favourably. Bay and Fox have heat. Whatever. Celebrity drama.
Money talks. But make no pretense about it, he made an aspiring actress strip down to short shorts and clean his Ferrari in order to get a starring role. Might as well have had her suck his dick in front of the whole crew.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

That was a decade ago. I did things a decade ago that I'm not proud of--shit, I did things this week I'm not proud of. And if anything, Bay's views on women seem like they come from a place of societal ignorance rather than out and out maliciousness.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:That was a decade ago. I did things a decade ago that I'm not proud of--shit, I did things this week I'm not proud of. And if anything, Bay's views on women seem like they come from a place of societal ignorance rather than out and out maliciousness.
Have you seen anything resembling GROWTH from him, for example coming out of his artistic merits? I haven't. And he keeps saying he doesn't want to do these movies, yet keeps coming back to them. A decade ago you were a teenager, of course change came easily to you. Bay is a 51 year old man, the changes to that from a 41 year old man aren't nearly as extreme usually. I feel like you're projecting onto Bay because he makes movies you like, I'm not seeing one shred of evidence that he's changed.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

the first teaser trailer has been released.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Sparky Prime wrote:the first teaser trailer has been released.
That looks pretty good. It doesn't tell us much about the plot, but what we got is interesting.