Botcon 2016 figures

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Botcon 2016 figures

Post by Sparky Prime »

The first 2016 Botcon box set figure was revealed today. Botcon will be celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Beast Wars with "The Dawn of PREDACUS". The first figure revealed is the Tripredacus Agent - Ravage, a reuse of Combiner Wars Breakdown, with a new head. They say all of the figures in the set will have new heads, and obviously will be a combiner.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Botcon 2016 figures

Post by Onslaught Six »

This is going to be a bad idea.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I think it's a safe bet Ram Horn, Sea Clamp and Cicadacon will be 3 other members of Predacus. Not sure about the 5th member. But with Ravage acting as a limb, my guess would be Tarantulas. Also have to wonder if this is going to be part of the "Beast Wars: Uprising" storyline or part of the original Beast Wars timeline.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Interesting idea. Alternators Ravage, anyone?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Something tells me that the center body for the combiner (Pentpredacus?) will use the Sky-Linx mold. Problem is I can't think of many BW Predacons that turned into birds or big cats with the exception of Ravage himself.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

They could always waste a retool spot on the head for Sky-Lynx, or the mould has a built in retool for Predaking that they'll use.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

The second figure of the set has been revealed... Tarantulas of the Predacon Secret Police, using the Combiner Wars Rook mold.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Next up is General Ramhorn, who is a reuse of Combiner Wars Brawl... more or less. Interestingly, it's not just a new head that this figure has, but a drill instead of a tank turret. Which as pointed out on TFW2005, makes the figure look a bit like the Technobot Nosecone. Be interesting if this is an indicator the other Technobots besides Scattorshot are in the works...

Got to say... I really like the looks of this figure. I think it's much better than Ravage and Tarantulas.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

First, that's a digibash. Second, the turret is still there, it's the cannon that's gone; but that cannon is removable on Brawl anyway. Third, why the fuck is a backwards vehicle mode a thing?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:First, that's a digibash. Second, the turret is still there, it's the cannon that's gone; but that cannon is removable on Brawl anyway. Third, why the fuck is a backwards vehicle mode a thing?
So what if it is a digibash? These have all been mockups to show what the figures are meant to look like. Still looks great. As for the turret, either way it's been modified for the drill and doesn't look like it's meant to rotate anymore so that the drill would remain in one position, effectively eliminating it as a turret.

I think the backwards vehicle thing is kind of clever personally. It allows them to make it a bit more distinct as a different vehicle despite being the same mold.