I think doing several newer TF Movies each year,is a mistake

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

I think doing several newer TF Movies each year,is a mistake

Post by Tigermegatron »

Not looking forward to the Generations toy line going on hiatus or getting limited number smaller toys each year. All due to the newer Movie toys taking center stage each year.

Hate the Movie verse toy line designs and all of their novelty sub toy lines.

As far as stories , plots and dialogues goes in the live action TF movies, Think they are pure garbage terrible. Not looking forward to a newer TF movie and newer movie toy line every year.

If I had my way, They'd be a newer TF live action movie every four years. with a newer director that is not micheal bay. with zero micheal bay feedback on each newer TF movie.
andersonh1

Re: I think doing several newer TF Movies each year,is a mis

Post by andersonh1 »

I think the live action Transformers world has barely been scratched, and maybe we could get beyond the Earth-based storyline if they're making a few side stories. It'll all depend on quality though.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

andersonh1 wrote:live action Transformers [...] It'll all depend on quality though.
These concepts don't make sense together.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:live action Transformers [...] It'll all depend on quality though.
Well they have hired a completely new writing team to work on the future of the Transformers cinematic universe. Some of which are well known and critically acclaimed. I'd have to think the quality of the future films will improve dramatically without Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Ehren Kruger.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:
All four films have had moments of quality that demonstrate the potential of the live action format, though without question the quality of the overall movies has varied widely. There's no reason that bringing new people to the franchise couldn't improve it considerably, as Sparky says.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Cyberpunk transformers when?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

As long as anyone involved is shooting for a Michael Bay tone, it will suck. (I actually thought Terminator Sega Genisys was pretty Michael Bay-y, right down to inappropriately timed humour bits.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:As long as anyone involved is shooting for a Michael Bay tone, it will suck. (I actually thought Terminator Sega Genisys was pretty Michael Bay-y, right down to inappropriately timed humour bits.)
That's fairly typical of action movies, it's not exclusive to Michael Bay (not that I can speak toward Terminator Genisys, not having seen it yet, but Bay had nothing to do with it). I also wouldn't say that type of tone automatically means the film sucks, that depends more on how it's handled.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sparky Prime wrote:Well they have hired a completely new writing team to work on the future of the Transformers cinematic universe. Some of which are well known and critically acclaimed. I'd have to think the quality of the future films will improve dramatically without Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Ehren Kruger.
Good luck with that. Michael Bay is still producing these, Marky Mark is in the next one, and the guy who wrote Batman Forever and Batman & Robin is writing that one as well as running the writers' room.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:Good luck with that. Michael Bay is still producing these, Marky Mark is in the next one, and the guy who wrote Batman Forever and Batman & Robin is writing that one as well as running the writers' room.
So what? None of that means the future films will be more of the same. Michael Bay producing isn't the same as him directing. What's the issue with Mark Wahlberg? All things considered, I thought he was good in AoE and he's a much better actor than Shia LaBeouf. And Akiva Goldsman also wrote the screenplays for films like "A Beautiful Mind" which won him an Oscar. And again, he has a huge team to work with here, including the writers from several successful comic book movies and TV series.