Rid 2015 Hasbro panel at the NYCC October 2014 convention.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Rid 2015 Hasbro panel at the NYCC October 2014 convention.

Post by Tigermegatron »

New York Comic Con 2014 schedule is up and there is a dedicated panel for the upcoming Transformers Animated Series; Transformers: Robots In Disguise.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise
Thu. October 9| 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM | 1A21

Hasbro invites Fans to join Special Guests from Hasbro Studios and voice talent from the new animated series, Transformers: Robots in Disguise, airing in early 2015, as they share details behind the making of the new series and a sneak peek of what’s to come, including reveals of new characters and more.

Track: TV

We do not know whether the Sneak Peek is a new one or the same as what was shown during San Diego Comic-Con 2014.

Since the Hub TV Network is celebrating its 4th Anniversary in October, there is a good chance that we will hear a definitive airdate for the new Cartoon Series.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Rid 2015 Hasbro panel at the NYCC October 2014 conventio

Post by Tigermegatron »

I'm hoping it's not just 2015 Rid cartoon & Rid toy reveals. Hoping Hasbro squeezes in the Rid panel or does another Combiners wars/3oth panel at NYCC 2014 . I want some Combiners wars 2015 newer toys info from waves 3,4,5 & 6. Maybe even share if the 30th non-combiners toy line is ended in 2015.

Hoping Hasbro shows up at the NYCC 2014 This years,does a TF toys presentation and then does a Q & A session in a room. As their is so much upcoming 2015 TF proucts I want revealed. Like Combiners Wars waves 3,4,5 & 6. Curious to see what the 2015 Rid cartoon/toy line bigger toys look like. Interested to see if Hasbro reveals further USA TRU MP TF toy reveals for 2015.

I'm Hoping the 2015-2016 Combiners wars toy line has waves 1,2,3,4,5 & 6. Where Hasbro releases Combiners Wars Superion, Menasor, Defensor,Bruticus,Predaking,Computron,Abominus & Piranaking.

For the 2015 Hasbro USA TRU MP TF toys. I want to see a re-release of Rodimus Prime complete with the trailer in those Takara toy colors but maybe more glossy.

For the 2015 Rid cartoon-toy line. Love to see bigger scale Voyagers,Ultra,Leader and supreme sized Decepticons toys. If I had my way, The toy line would have a Leader scale MF Overlord, Supreme scale Trypticon. Ultra or leader scale Tidalwave. Voyager scale BW Ravage that later gets recolored into BW Tigatron. Some combiners like Five Dinobots that combine to form a Gestalt. Three deluxe scale Insecticons that can merge to form a combiner. Voyager or Ultra sized Horrorcons toys for Apeface & Snapdragon.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I'll see if I can make it.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

With The Hub going bye-bye, I have a feeling development on RID will be stunted.

Why is this in Generations? I'll move it.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

TFW2005 has NYCC coverage up

First up, previews of the new Robots in Disguise toyline.

The wolf looking Decepticon is named Steeljaw and transforms into a car. Given the trend from the season 1 trailer that was posted yesterday, I guess all the Decepticons will have animal traits in robot mode but still transform into vehicles. I'm not a big fan of the big white circles on the figures. I guess it's supposed to help call attention to the faction symbol but I just find it kind of distracting. I'm liking the look of several of the figures though, I look forward to seeing some more of them.

And the Generations Combiner Warsline.

Leader Class Thundercracker, remolded from Jetfire looks pretty cool. Also see the first images of the Combiner Wars boxes with Optimus and Motormaster. Apparently Optimus Prime's combiner form is going to be called "Ultra Prime".
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I Like the Leader sized Generations Thundercracker toy. It's simply a amazing extreme-retool and has a nice paint job.

Hoping at the very least Hasbro has a panel in a day or few days where they reveal what the others Combiners Wars teams are planned for 2015. Hoping for at least 2 to 3 more combiners Wars teams like Bruticus, Defensor and Predaking for the 2015 year.

Simply not interested in the 2015 Rid toys, So i'm hoping this does not overly dominate the 2015 NYCC. Hoping there is some minutes in the Hasbro panels that focus on newer announced,unseen combiners wars 2015 toys.

Angry birds transformers toys I think is equally worse like the Transformers Bots Shots toys were. I'm hoping Hasbro release this line in small doses and cancels it quickly. I just don't want to walk into toy stores and see the TF toy section overly dominated by angry birds TF themed toys, Like Bots Shots did a short while back. Kinda hope the Angry birds themed TF toys are in the rescue bots toy aisle or build it toy aisle, misc aisle. So I don't have to ever see them, They don't steal pegs/helves space and they don't ruin sales of the regular TF toys.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

General thoughts:

Hasbro managed to make a "Generations" Thundercracker that I will actively avoid. Think about this. They made a *Thundercracker* that *I* will not buy. I like Thundercracker. I always have. Dammit, I bought Henkei Thundercracker 5 years ago.

But, dammit, I really do not like that Jetfire mould. (Seeing Jetfire in person last week only made me dislike it more. I partly agree with Prowl about it. While I can get behind the idea of making a newer/better Jetfire toy to replace the 2006 figure, the 2014 Jetfire is a step down. Despite being larger and more expensive, it has problems that would be hard to get past on a smaller/cheaper toy. Availability aside, 2006 Jetfire is better. But, back on topic.)

Huffer more or less kills my interest in the Commanders/Legends line. I was under the impression that the 84-86 car figures were going to be based on...something. Gears is based on Flo Dery's design sheets. Cosmos and Swerve are based on the current comics. Windcharger would be based on the original toy. But, Huffer is a recolour of Optimus Prime? I could accept Cliffjumpt as a recolour of Bumblebee. But, I am not longer willing to be a completist for those figures.

On a more positive note, the "Combiner Wars" figures seem promising. At the very least the Aerialbots and Stunticons are worth a look (even if Alpha Bravo is a really stupid name). (Can I tell you how long I have been waiting for a good Motormaster?)

The Autobot recolours of the Stunticons might be promising. If Hasbro does the obvious thing, the Optimus will probably combine with Mirage (a favourite of mine), Brawn, Sideswipe and Jazz (another favourite).
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sparky Prime wrote:The wolf looking Decepticon is named Steeljaw and transforms into a car. Given the trend from the season 1 trailer that was posted yesterday, I guess all the Decepticons will have animal traits in robot mode but still transform into vehicles.
This is a neat fucking idea and I hope they really do things with it.
I'm not a big fan of the big white circles on the figures. I guess it's supposed to help call attention to the faction symbol but I just find it kind of distracting.
I like them just because it's the most 'new' the faction symbols have been in ages. It also looks like there's some sort of AR gimmick tied in with them, where you point your smartphone at the symbol and Stuff Happens. I'm hoping it's something cool like onscreen effects rather than something lame like farming points for a cruddy game.
I'm liking the look of several of the figures though, I look forward to seeing some more of them.
Grimlock looks seriously fucking adorable. Kinda sad there's no sign of Fixit yet, his design at least would make for a unique toy.
Also see the first images of the Combiner Wars boxes with Optimus and Motormaster.
I generally like the look of the Combiner Wars line but damn if I don't hate the boxes.
Hasbro managed to make a "Generations" Thundercracker that I will actively avoid. Think about this. They made a *Thundercracker* that *I* will not buy. I like Thundercracker. I always have. Dammit, I bought Henkei Thundercracker 5 years ago.
It's also stupid because now we'll have to endure people screaming at Hasbro to make Starscream and Skywarp for who knows how long. But yeah, it's dumb. If you absolutely need Seekers at that scale, the MP molds exist, and they're not a hateful crime against everything the brand stands for.
Can I tell you how long I have been waiting for a good Motormaster?
I'm still amazed at how the mold looked so abysmal as Optimus yet makes a terrific Motormaster.
The Autobot recolours of the Stunticons might be promising
Did they confirm this was a thing that was happening?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

BWprowl wrote:I like them just because it's the most 'new' the faction symbols have been in ages. It also looks like there's some sort of AR gimmick tied in with them, where you point your smartphone at the symbol and Stuff Happens. I'm hoping it's something cool like onscreen effects rather than something lame like farming points for a cruddy game.
It's a neat concept, I just wish they weren't so big and empty looking. The giant white spots really stick out on so many of the figures.
Dominic wrote:The Autobot recolours of the Stunticons might be promising. If Hasbro does the obvious thing, the Optimus will probably combine with Mirage (a favourite of mine), Brawn, Sideswipe and Jazz (another favourite).
Do we know if Hasbro is going to do Autobot repaints of the Stunticons? The back of his box shows him using Superion's limbs for his combiner form.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Quick question: What exactly does the brand "stand for"?