K*Mart Minicons

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
onslaught86

Re: K*Mart Minicons

Post by onslaught86 »

Dominic wrote:I can try to check the local K*Mart, but no promises. Unless you are looking for more than half the molds in the box, I woudl not spend the money to import it.

Flatfoot is not bad. The toy has a satisfying transform. I could never get that tank-bot to stand. Homages and gun hands do not balance out a robot that does not stand for more than a short while. (Close a door in the buiding, and watch that tank-bot fall.)
I own all the original Classics Mini-Cons, they really grabbed me for some reason. Of course, they were also dirt cheap here for no apparent reason, I think Hasbro NZ somehow confused their pricing with that of the Cybertron Mini-Con sets. So it was essentially three for the price of two. I also like them all a surprising amount, even the crappy ones like Wideload (Green wheels, non-hands, odd head), Knockdown (flimsy, ugly, and doesn't really look like anything), and the tiger that was named either Snarl or Overbite, but inappropriately either way. Still no love for the police car, through. Very hard to unlock from vehicle mode, very flimsy and unstable, craptacular non-articulation, and the arms don't even fold straight. Legends Barricade is vastly superior.

I never had trouble getting Broadside standing. His hips are ball jointed as well as hinged, so if you turn his legs at maybe 30 degree angles and lean him a little to compensate for the topheaviness.. Really, not one of the most unstable Mini-Cons I own. Thunderwing from the Air Military team? Now that's unstable.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Boadside just annoys me. Thunderwing is at least a triple-changer.

I like Backstop for the vehicle. The robot mode is just fun. Wideload is not my favorite, but I do like it, green-wheels and all.

Dom
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Heh, I do believe it was you that sent me the Predator Attack Team (Is that what they were called? I forget). And considering you like Mini-Cons far more than I, we must have vastly different tastes in them.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The tiger in that set is awful. The wolk and eagle are okay. And, the eagle has a beak on his crotch. That is always funny.

With Minicons, I look for the toys to look at least passable, and to do one other thing well, be it articulation, complex transforms, or executing a gimmick of some kind.

Dom