Beast Wars figures custom work

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Beast Wars figures custom work

Post by Shockwave »

And you didn't have any problems with it not drying or turning sticky? Cause I've had that problem with Testors before. Not often on Transformers, but sometimes.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:And you didn't have any problems with it not drying or turning sticky? Cause I've had that problem with Testors before. Not often on Transformers, but sometimes.
I remember it took longer to dry completely compared to other Testors paints I've used. But I can't say that I felt it was a problem.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Never had good results with Testors. Sparky, what exactly are you doing to get good results? (I use GW or Tamiya.)
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I still mostly use Testors on TFs, but on MOTU figures it will never dry. I use regular acrylic paints on my MOTU guys. But they are different types of plastic, there in lies the difference.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:Never had good results with Testors. Sparky, what exactly are you doing to get good results? (I use GW or Tamiya.)
I can't say that I do anything any differently with Testors from any other paints I've worked with, just applying the paint and then waiting for it to dry.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I'd forgotten I'd painted this figure until I came across it going through some figures I put in storage. I think this is one of the first figures I ever painted so it isn't my best work, but still I liked the overall result. Hasbro originally had a lot of grey on the figure, and a light flesh tone for his beast chest and face and I wanted to try and make it look more like the show colors.

Beast Mode

Robot Mode
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

So as I mentioned a few posts back, I'd noticed my Rampage figure was starting to have his vacuum metallized parts crack and chip off like my Rattrap figure had been and so I've now painted him. While I was at it, I decided to make him a bit more show accurate as well. Also, these were taken with a new camera so that's why the picture quality is so much better.

Beast Mode:
Kinda screwed up on the red parts in the middle of his back, didn't turn out as clean as I would have liked, but from the photo looks like you can hardly tell.

Robot Mode:
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Those really nice. I especially like the way Rampage came out.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:Those really nice. I especially like the way Rampage came out.
Thanks. I'm pretty happy with how Rampage turned out myself.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I agree, they both look good. Nice work!