Hasbro MP Prowl

The originals... ok, not exactly, but the original named "The TransFormers" anyway. Take THAT, Diaclone!
Generation 1, Generation 2 - Removable fists? Check. Unlicensed vehicle modes? Check. Kickass tape deck robot with transforming cassette minions? DOUBLE CHECK!!!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Hasbro MP Prowl

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yup, Hasbro is releasing MP Prowl, the first of the MP Autobot cars. TFW2005 has the first official images, found in the Toys R Us system. No word yet on price, but obviously it'll be another TRU MP exclusive. Looks like it'll pretty much be unchanged from the Takara release.
andersonh1

Re: Hasbro MP Prowl

Post by andersonh1 »

Nice looking figure, though if the price is in the same range as the other Masterpiece figures, I probably can't afford it.

It looks like what I thought Alternators were going to be before we saw the first designs: a larger and more articulated upgrade of an old figure.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I'm a bit worried the oversized box means a overpriced toy.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

$40 and under, I'm there.

$50 and under, I'm likely.

Over $50, see ya!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I paid $60 out the door at SDCC from TRU via Entertainment Earth, and a few days later the figure hit TRU only to enjoy a $15 bump to $70 pre-tax. GOOD LORD! TRU is out of their minds if they think they can ask that much, you can get the Takara ones for less! My Takara MP-20 Wheeljack just shipped for $55 after all was said and done.

Anyway, back to Prowl, it's hard to know what to say. It feels like an extension of Alternators but with some quality lessons learned along the way. The paint is good but not outstanding, the emblems are pretty small and feel thoughtless. It doesn't really feel like a masterpiece, it feels like halfway between masterpiece and deluxe, there are still questionable choices but there is also an improvement in articulation and design, not to mention accuracy. Molding is sharper than a deluxe, but still has a few little errors that cause issues - I gather that these were anomalies present on the Takara run as well. Honestly, it feels kinda forgettable, it's not a star attraction, it's like an accessory for a star attraction - which I suppose is exactly what it really is, it's here to justify the smaller MP-10 Optimus.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?