Newer TF "GO" Animation looks like Car Robots Animation.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... lip/27540/

After whatching that clip,I gotta say i'm impressed with the GO animations. I always loved the Animation style that Car robots had & now that animation style is back.

I love the story behind the TF "GO" series. which is as follows: "The story revolves around the Autobot Samurai and Ninja teams left on Earth to track down and capture Predacons with the help of their human companions". Looks like were gonna see the Predacons in action in large supply fighting combiners.

Rumor has it,their will be one or more combiners new molds teams released in the TF GO toy line/cartoon. So basically the Samurai & Ninja team isn't it,more combiners new molds are planned.

I wonder how many episodes are planned to get released on Direct to DVD. Hopefully it's over 13,I'm hoping for 26+ episodes,dare I dream for 52+episodes.

I think Hasbro if off their "A" game by not wanting to sell these "GO" Toys & cartoons to their world wide distributors. This is going to explode & be huge like the 2000 Car robots toys/Cartoons were. Hopefully Hasbro comes to their senses like they did in 2001 & releases these toys+cartoons in America----->This seems like the perfect GAP/Filler TF toys line+cartoon series till the TF4 movie/toys & 2014 TF toy line with accompanying cartoon series.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Newer TF "GO" Animation looks like Car Robots Animation.

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:Newer TF "GO" Animation looks like Car Robots Animation.

After whatching that clip,I gotta say i'm impressed with the GO animations. I always loved the Animation style that Car robots had & now that animation style is back.
Ah, I was gonna post this. The stuff in the trailer looks pretty rad, at least to the part of me that enjoys shallow kids anime. If this is as stupidly entertaining as Energon was, I'll be happy with it.
I love the story behind the TF "GO" series. which is as follows: "The story revolves around the Autobot Samurai and Ninja teams left on Earth to track down and capture Predacons with the help of their human companions". Looks like were gonna see the Predacons in action in large supply fighting combiners.
It's giant robots turning into cars and animals teaming up with human samurai in the Sengoku Era to fight robot dragons! There is no way this can't be rad as hell!
Rumor has it,their will be one or more combiners new molds teams released in the TF GO toy line/cartoon. So basically the Samurai & Ninja team isn't it,more combiners new molds are planned.
Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Samurai and Ninja teams qualify as 'one or more combiners new molds teams'? I honestly think those six are it, this is just a lil' side-series Takara's doing, it's not going to be far-reaching.
I wonder how many episodes are planned to get released on Direct to DVD. Hopefully it's over 13,I'm hoping for 26+ episodes,dare I dream for 52+episodes.
Considering these are just promotional DVDs packed in with god-dang magazines, we'll honestly be lucky if there are more than 3 episodes, and any plot other than 'spotlighted character of the moment takes on some Predacons!'
I think Hasbro if off their "A" game by not wanting to sell these "GO" Toys & cartoons to their world wide distributors. This is going to explode & be huge like the 2000 Car robots toys/Cartoons were. Hopefully Hasbro comes to their senses like they did in 2001 & releases these toys+cartoons in America----->This seems like the perfect GAP/Filler TF toys line+cartoon series till the TF4 movie/toys & 2014 TF toy line with accompanying cartoon series.
I sincerely doubt a side-filler-line like this will 'explode' in popularity, there's just not enough to it. Admittedly, Takara does seem to be putting a decent effort in promoting it (there's a promotional...something for the police car guy coming in a future issue of Dengeki Hobby, for instance), but this seems more like it'll end up like, say, Zone, rather than Car Robots.

Not that I'd complain if Hasbro brought the molds over here for funsies, though.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:Newer TF "GO" Animation looks like Car Robots Animation.

Ah, I was gonna post this. The stuff in the trailer looks pretty rad, at least to the part of me that enjoys shallow kids anime. If this is as stupidly entertaining as Energon was, I'll be happy with it.
It's giant robots turning into cars and animals teaming up with human samurai in the Sengoku Era to fight robot dragons! There is no way this can't be rad as hell!
Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Samurai and Ninja teams qualify as 'one or more combiners new molds teams'? I honestly think those six are it, this is just a lil' side-series Takara's doing, it's not going to be far-reaching.
Considering these are just promotional DVDs packed in with god-dang magazines, we'll honestly be lucky if there are more than 3 episodes, and any plot other than 'spotlighted character of the moment takes on some Predacons!'
I sincerely doubt a side-filler-line like this will 'explode' in popularity, there's just not enough to it. Admittedly, Takara does seem to be putting a decent effort in promoting it (there's a promotional...something for the police car guy coming in a future issue of Dengeki Hobby, for instance), but this seems more like it'll end up like, say, Zone, rather than Car Robots.

Not that I'd complain if Hasbro brought the molds over here for funsies, though.
It's awesome to see someone else getting excited about this GO toy line/cartoon series. I didn't think anyone here was interested in "TF GO".

Personally,I love combiners & I loved the CR animation style,So naturally this "TF GO" is a dream come true. I'm going to try to buy all the new mold "TF GO" toys. I'll most likely watch all the "GO" episodes on You-tube.

My speculation is that the Samurai & Ninja team toys can mix & match between the two sets like the 1980's scramble city TF toys could.
So I'd love to see the lion mixed with the jet & fire engine & other cool mix & match combinations.

THREAD UPDATE: Newer pics that show off the Animals-bots Ninja's teams trio mix & match gestalt combinations, This is the first time we've seen pics of this mix & match configurations. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ons/27543/ ---> I'm probably going to keep the lion as the torso configuration.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I think maybe I just need to see better pictures. The ones on BBTS right now just hurt my eyes to look at, which puts me off the whole thing.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:It's awesome to see someone else getting excited about this GO toy line/cartoon series. I didn't think anyone here was interested in "TF GO".
I'd probably be more interested in it if Hasbro was going to be releasing them. I do really like the looks of the combiners though. It's been a long time since they made some really good combiner teams.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I have a soft spot for Brave toys, non-Scramble City style combiners, and transformers who turn into aquatic animals/vehicles, but I am really turned off by these toys' spindly legs.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

The lack of actual animation is a little worrying. I know this is only going to be a small deal, but that makes it even moreso. But it's nice how predictable the characters are- the big strong one even has a Kansai dialectja- makes it seem like a cosy old-fashioned series.

...The amount of comments assuming that it can't possibly take place in the Sengoku Era and MUST be a reenactment is confusing. Was it more believable that TFs could travel back to prehistoric times?
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
annhell
Ultra

Post by annhell »

Watched the first episode, which was only 12 minutes long, give or take. It's set in modern times, and the Samurai Team and their pet human had a momentary shared "vision" of a scene in the Sengoku era.

Maybe they'll be transported back in later episodes? Who knows.

Oh and, I bought the figures. Let me know if you want an opinion of it.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Update: The takaratomychannel on youtube has update with episode 1 of TF GO.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... e-1/27990/

Technically it's not 12 minutes long. The episode ends around the 10.5 mark & the ending credits with no newer footage take up the last 1.5 minutes of the 12 minutes.

The whole 10.5 episode SCREAMED of a blatant extended toy commericial,as the 10.5 minutes was consumed with fighting battle scenes & transformations from one form to the next.

It appears the disk are slight homages to the generations disk that soundwaves & blaster's minions use.

There were Three disk shown in the flash back scenes. I can only assume each disk purpose is to unlock the sparks/souls of each TRIO combiner team/Gestalt. So the changes of getting that 3rd rumored Trio Gestalt for the Autobots increases heavily.

The GO animation wasn't as superb as the Car Robots/Rid 2000/2001 animation but not that bad for a Magazine sponsored Direct to DVD cartoon series. At any rate the GO animations was leaps & bounds better than that Awful 2012 TFP Takara Minicons 2 minute cartoons/shorts/whatever.

in the last minute of TF GO episode 1,another boy who looks like the first boys twin,but probably isn't,Had his own team of TRIO Combiners,it was the Ninja animal-bot team. So I can only assume TF GO Episode team features the Ninja team. The second boy probably found the Second disk,that unlocked the sparks of the ninja trio team & put those sparks into animal-bots. I can only assume episode 3 or 4,has another boy or girl with another disk that unlocks the sparks of the 3rd trio combiner autobot team. this 3rd trio team will most likely get newer GO toys & be in one of the GO DVD episoides.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I found episode 2 of Transformers GO! on youtube.

Really it's the same plot of the first episode. The first minute or so is the exact same scene with the Predacons waking up on Earth and Optimus monitoring the situation. A couple Predacons track down a Legendisc, but a kid gets it away from them and, wishing to protect the people in danger from the Predacons, unlocks its power which wakes the team of Autobots that have been hidden nearby. The Predacons then create an Abominus from random stuff for the Autobots to fight. After they seemed to be overwhelmed by the combined Abominus, a tear from the kid lands on the disk causing the Autobots to combine, and they defeat the Predacons. Having won, there is a brief scene where the kid and Autobots have a vision of two ancient Japanese armies facing each other, each with one of the disks the kid now holds. At the end, one kid calls the other telling each other about the day's adventure only to find out they both have met giant robot protectors.

Despite both episodes being so similar, I think the second episode flowed better than the first. Mostly because the Ninja team only has one gestalt configuration, so they didn't need to show them combine 3 times to defeat Abominus in 3 different ways. It doesn't feel as much like a toy commercial because of it. Also interesting, while the kid somehow visually scanned vehicle forms for the Samurai team in the first episode, the Ninja team already comes their animal forms.