Jetfire and Jetstorm images!

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Skywarp17
Minibot

Re: Jetfire and Jetstorm images!

Post by Skywarp17 »

Don't equate these two with the sheer awesomeness of Choryujin.

Anyhoo, not big on 'em. I mean, four sets of arms and not one of them has hands?
And while I apreacite the "split head" idea....it makes for no neck articulation. Unless, of course, there's some ingenious engineering at work. Which I doubt, sadly....
You been Warp'd!!!
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Skywarp17 wrote:Don't equate these two with the sheer awesomeness of Choryujin.

Anyhoo, not big on 'em. I mean, four sets of arms and not one of them has hands?
And while I apreacite the "split head" idea....it makes for no neck articulation. Unless, of course, there's some ingenious engineering at work. Which I doubt, sadly....
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=171&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10#p3985
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Well, how can you have water wings?
Jetfire's safety orange would make for the most awesome water wings.

What?

Yeah, I'm glad to hear they're mistransformed. It's a unique and novel idea, but I'm worried this particular unique and novel idea is unique for a reason. They're too simplistic and even with wings they'd look more like sleds than jets. More pics and personalities will help. I can see myself getting this all the same.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

onslaught86 wrote:personalities will help.
One is boisterous and one is calm. Bet against it?
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Gomess wrote: Is ice really instantly associated with the word "storm"? Any more than water?
So, never been in an ice storm, I take it? They're insane and fun.

Glad to hear these guys do have hands and such, makes me more likely to pick 'em up.

Also, I finally figured out why these guys look familiar, somehow...

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thermite_(Earth-712)
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Misanthrope Prime wrote:Derrick J. Wyatt has posted on his blog that those guys are horribly mistransformed, all three robot modes DO have hands, the flames/ice blades do rotate out in their vehicle modes to form wings, and their combined vehicle mode actually moves parts around so that it looks a bit like an X-Wing. I'm guessing someone'll have their hands on the toys in a few months. Also, if you think that their robot mode combination is weird... maybe you need to check out GaoGaiGar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQGcVS1ewA
X-wing, that will make a HUGE difference on that combined alt mode. If accurate, it sounds like this may be one of the worst Hasbro photo blunders ever.

138 Scourge wrote:Also, I finally figured out why these guys look familiar, somehow...

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thermite_(Earth-712)
"Dear ideas. I'm sorry, but you're not new anymore and it appears you'll never be new again. But thanks for being such a large part of our lives up until now.

Sincerely,
- Knight Rider (2008)"

;)

BTW, I fixed your link, it wasn't working before because without the URL tags it wouldn't parse the last parenthesis mark.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Cool, thanks yo.

Now, I'm not saying that the Animated designers were trying to make a Thermite homage toy or anything, here (though, it'd be pretty cool if they were), I suppose once a fire/ice theme's going there's only so many colors that'll work for each one and all. It is a funny design coincidence, though.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I'd have enjoyed Jetfire more in red, methinks. Not only would it be more Jetfirey, I feel it'd make the combined form pop more. Ahh well.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

Yeah, I was kinda wondering why they didn't go for Jetfire in red. Would have been a great G1 nod.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

I'm reserving judgment on these characters-- and for the moment trusting the show creators not to make these two the TF "Wonder Twins". *shudder*
I disappear.