Energon discussion thread (spoilers)

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Energon discussion thread (spoilers)

Post by 138 Scourge »

Northstar nothin'. The Champions way had that ground covered back in the '70's.

Well, that's every thread now that's hopelessly off-topic. And yet, I somehow know where everything is. Yay, us!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Nah, you're entirely right Dom. A big problem, of course, is the kind of people who are "in charge". And their assumptions about their audience.

And hey, the forum's like my room! Sure, it LOOKS a mess, but I know where everything is. Aaaand it's mostly my fault. ^o^

Gom
-Hopes the implied-so-only-older-kids-will-notice-it lesbian couple in his cartoon goes down well with parents.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The best way to handle those who are "in-charge" mucking with the audience is to leave the audience. DC comics insults the intelligence of readers. But, if the readers stick around and pay money to be insulted, then is DC really in the wrong for continuing to insult them? (Mind you, I am like 90% sure DC's numbers are sinking as we speak, but hey....)

Dom
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Gomess wrote:That character was NEVER intended to be gay. None of them were.
I dunno about that. I thought it was a bit odd there was never a mention of a "Mrs. Dumbledore" or romances in his past... But on the other hand, Dumbledore's past was mostly a mystery until the last book, and his romances wouldn't have been important to the overall story either way.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:I think the complaints about lesbians in comics and such has more to the do with the types of lesbians shown. For example, the lipstick lesbians of DC Comics are considered misogynist because they are clearly intended to titilate being hyper-feminized.
Well, I wouldn't say they're all that way. Bat-Lesbian, to be sure, was clearly designed for the "OMG! Hawt lesbian superhero!" factor (remember the press releases?), but her Special Friend Renee Montoya (AKA The Questionable Orientation) I think gets by better as a character/hero first and a lesbian second. Then there's Grace Choi, who (I can't decide) is either a somewhat offensive Butch charicature, or was just unfortunate to be the butt of a dyke joke by someone in the office one day. And don't get me started on the undertones surrounding Wonder Girl and Supergirl in the more recent Teen Titans comics...

OTOH, let's take a quick peek over my manga collection... Blue, Card Captor Sakura, First Love Sisters, Iono-Sama Fanatics, Kannazuki no Miko, The Last Uniform, Strawberry Panic, Tetragrammaton Labyrinth, Venus Versus Virus, and Eriko Tadeno's Works... Maybe I'm not really one to judge what kinds of lesbians one should want from their comics.

But, on retroactively making a character gay: Sunstreaker. :|
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Supposedly, she made Dumbledore gay because the studio wanted to give the character a girlfriend in one of the movies without her permission, so she flexed her artistic power.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:Supposedly, she made Dumbledore gay because the studio wanted to give the character a girlfriend in one of the movies without her permission, so she flexed her artistic power.
That's not what J.K. Rowling says...
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

lol@ "Just imagine the fan fiction now!"

Make something canon, and it's just not as hot. Silly Rowling.

And of course, decrepit wizards are NEVER hot anyway.

So, Energon?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am seeing Dumbledor/Hermione OTP style fanfic now. (What? What?!?!?!? Would you rather I talked about "Hermione in a house-elf gang-bang" with Kreecher calling her a "filthy mud-blood slut" while she strangles him with her under-garments and tries out new "forbidden curses" on herself? Is that what you want? What the hell is wrong with you?)

So, Energon?

I agree, a crossover fic with Dumbledore, slash or not, in Energon would be pretty cool

Dom
-this could go very wrong, very quickly.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

I think it just DID go wrong, Dom. >_>

I assume Rowling was referring to the "fact" that NOW, suddenly people would start writing about Dumbledore getting his gay on. When, apparently unbeknownst to her, THEY ALREADY WERE. Whatta dingus.

A Potter / Energon crossover would work beautifully. Kicker's pointless, arbitrary and poorly-defined magic hair matches the pointless, arbitrary and poorly-defined "magic" of the Potterverse perfectly.