Welcome to TFV - year 3!!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Welcome to TFV - year 3!!!

Post by JediTricks »

It was on this day, July 17th, back in 2008 when we first started this site and these forums! And from those humble beginnings we have grown to over 15,000 posts, a standing in Hasbro's official Q&A program, and a real community of fans. This is our site, and it's great to have everybody be a part of it. Thanks to everybody here for making it worth while.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Welcome to TFV - year 3!!!

Post by Onslaught Six »

Great to be here. We've had our share of downs, but for the most part it's been nothing but ups.

You guys aren't just some schmucks who I shoot the shit about robot toys with--you guys are my friends.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

It's hard to believe it's been two years already. :shock:
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

I didn't realize the site was so young... hell I've been here most of that time, off and on. This is the only place I post, so... yeah. That means you should all feel honored by my presence. And that it's a special place. ;)
I disappear.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Onslaught Six wrote:We've had our share of downs,
Image ?

But yeah, I'm just thrilled that we've got this place. I loved the hell out of our old home, it was posting around there that taught me how to internet more-or-less properly. So it was a happy day indeed when the doors opened 'round these parts.
Onslaught Six wrote:
You guys aren't just some schmucks who I shoot the shit about robot toys with--you guys are my friends.
Yeah, seconded. You guys rule.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Hell yeah, it's been awesome to have this place for us, I'm so glad I was on the mailing list way back when you all came up with the idea to just start our own damn forum. And I'm glad I can continue to be part of it (I even submitted news this year! Yay!).

And totally agreeing on the friends thing. I realized a while back that I've known most of you guys longer than I've known most of my IRL friends. That's amazing, and so are you guys. Thanks for being so cool that I keep coming back here.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I'd love to have more members here, but even so I have to admit that it's been nice to have this small, out of the way board to discuss the hobby. That's one of the things I've enjoyed the most about TFV.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Damn, 2 years.

And, count me as agreeing on the whold friendship thing. I use a screen-name, but most of you guys know my real details. (Hell, at least one of you has gotten a rude text or two from me.)

Dom
-might make some prank phone calls tonight.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I certainly think there's more of a feeling of comraderie around here than at other sites. I mean, I've only been posting here for the last year (thanks Scourge!) and in that time 3 people are on my facebook, one is on my xbox and I have a phone number for 1 as well so I would definately say we're friends. I kind of look at this site as a perfect example of how the fandom should be.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Shockwave wrote:one is on my xbox
86's got it again too. His is really lame, though. onslaught80Six. Because someone stole his standard. Yes, really. You'd probably overlap slightly more with him than I would, since you're three hours earlier.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.