TFviews and Hasbro give away: RPMs Devastator Showdown

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

TFviews and Hasbro give away: RPMs Devastator Showdown

Post by JediTricks »

Straight from Hasbro's RPMs line, TFviews is giving away 1 (one) Constructicon Devastator Showdown Track Set!
(This thing...)
Lights! Sounds! Skids! What more could you want for free?

So, how do you win this fancy piece of plastic? It's simple! Merely respond to this thread by mentioning the Transformers item you saw from Hasbro's recent New York Toy Fair fan-media presentation that you are most looking forward to.

1 entry per account, only 1 account allowed per person. Winner will be drawn at random. You can post as many times as you like in the thread but only your first one will matter. Contest closes on March 15th, 2010, at 9pm, PST. Winner will be contacted via within 24 hours via email address registered in forums account.

And what the heck, if you live in the US, I'll even ship it to you on my dime!
(If you live outside the US, you will need to cover shipping and any possible import costs in advance, but I'll work hard to keep them as cheap as I can.)

Good luck!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Re: TFviews and Hasbro give away: RPMs Devastator Showdown

Post by andersonh1 »

I'll bite. My oldest would have a blast playing with something like this.

Three figures really jumped out at me: Masterpiece Grimlock, Thrust and Drift. Classics/Universe/Generations/whatever is the line that has the most appeal to me, along with the Masterpiece line, since updated G1 figures are what I enjoy the most.

If I had to pick a favorite from the three, it would be Grimlock.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Sure, what the hey. Are we being actively judged on our answers, or is it random? (I'm assuming it's random, of course.) Also, you doing anything to promote this? It could totally maybe get us some more traffic.

Anyway. Toyfair! The biggest thing, to me, is Power Core Combiners. They're new and they're different. Sure, they may not entirely be "traditional" combiners since the limbs don't have robot modes, but y'know what? To me, the limbs are a bonus--it's some of the core figures that are interesting me. Huffer looks great, and that fire ambulance guy is awesome.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Drift, Staxus/Darkmount or PCC Huffer.

I would say Drift by a nose, (owing to it being an AHm figure)....

Dom
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I'm sure I've said it many a time, whenever a "What would you like in Classics/Universe" thread comes up. I would like an Emm-Effing Straxus. So I'm thrilled that this is happening.

And, of course, Masterpiece Grimlock. I'll be needing that.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

Actually, I think it's Masterpiece Grimlock. I knew holding out on that thing would pay off... :D

Also Darkmount. And the Generations line as a whole. Although I REALLY want the rest of the Animated figures. I'm still enjoying the ROTF scouts, and I'm glad to see there's more cool stuff ahead. Pumped for Human Alliance Jazz, and the Power Core combiners as well.

I think my wallet just committed suicide.
I disappear.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Wow, giveaways now? That's awesome right there.

Tough call as to what I'm most excited about, this has been the best Toy Fair in some years. Lots of great upcoming stuff, much more interesting than last year's lineup, despite it not being a movie year. Or possibly thanks to it not being a movie year.

Darkmount looks great, Thrust is a very welcome cheaper alternative. Looking forward to importing Masterpiece Grims, not looking forward to paying to import Masterpiece Grims.. Human Alliance Jazz seems an excellent addition to that line also.

But I think I have to pick Hubcap. Hubcap is worlds of win. He's this year's Ransack!
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Hubcap is neat, too. Love that alt. mode, pretty neat robot. Basic, right? I forget.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Yeah, Hubcap is a "scout class", and I think he's the one I'm most excited about from Toy Fair, along with his chopper enemy, Brimstone.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

See, I'm waaaaay more excited for Brimstone than I am Hubcap. Though, if they repainted Hubcap as Sizzle, I'd be way down for that.

Darkmount and Thrust are both big hits for me, but really I think I'm most excited for Masterpiece Grimlock. It's the first Masterpiece toy that ever actually caught my eye, and now I don't have to pay import prices for the thing. And he comes with the crown! I really can't wait.