Magnaboss, with lion head?

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
SynjoDeonecros
Dinobot

Magnaboss, with lion head?

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Is it possible to make the Magnaboss gestalt with Prowl's beast-mode head in place with Magnaboss's face? I'd think so; just flip the lion head into place, and there you go. But I get the feeling it won't be that easy (likely the lion head has to be there to support the mane, and make attaching Silverbolt onto it work). I'm wondering, because I'm planning to buy a used Magnaboss toy for a cross-franchise repaint, and being able to make Magnaboss with the lion head is essential to it.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Magnaboss, with lion head?

Post by Onslaught Six »

...Why wouldn't it be?

Prowl's lion head is right there in his beast mode. The Magnaboss head is literally on the back of the lion head. It's the same thing, you just turn it around.

The mane clips together with some pegs and holes in the top of it. And even if they didn't, Silverbolt's hold on the mane halves is good enough that it doesn't matter.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Actually, it might be trickier than you're thinking, O6. See, Magnaboss's robot head is indeed just his lion head spun around, but one of the points of doing so is so that a ball-joint hinge in the neck can bend back to clip into the mane at the right orientation for robot mode (it's hard to explain, but there's a bit of restructuring that goes into folding Prowl up into the little ball he needs to be in for combined mode). Still, it might be possible to BS the thing with the lion head anyway. I dunno, my Magnaboss is packed away deep somewhere, and I reeeeeeaaaaally don't feel like digging him out just to check.
SynjoDeonecros
Dinobot

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

BWprowl wrote:Actually, it might be trickier than you're thinking, O6. See, Magnaboss's robot head is indeed just his lion head spun around, but one of the points of doing so is so that a ball-joint hinge in the neck can bend back to clip into the mane at the right orientation for robot mode (it's hard to explain, but there's a bit of restructuring that goes into folding Prowl up into the little ball he needs to be in for combined mode). Still, it might be possible to BS the thing with the lion head anyway. I dunno, my Magnaboss is packed away deep somewhere, and I reeeeeeaaaaally don't feel like digging him out just to check.
So, folding the lion head back into the mane IS somewhat necessary to make Prowl fit as the head of Magnaboss. Well, I hope there is a way to finagle it to work. I kinda wish I hadn't lost my TF collection, now...
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:Actually, it might be trickier than you're thinking, O6. See, Magnaboss's robot head is indeed just his lion head spun around, but one of the points of doing so is so that a ball-joint hinge in the neck can bend back to clip into the mane at the right orientation for robot mode (it's hard to explain, but there's a bit of restructuring that goes into folding Prowl up into the little ball he needs to be in for combined mode). Still, it might be possible to BS the thing with the lion head anyway. I dunno, my Magnaboss is packed away deep somewhere, and I reeeeeeaaaaally don't feel like digging him out just to check.
Head Mode Prowl basically relies just on crumbling itself together into a ball anyway, there's nothing really specific that I remember.

If nothing else, one can always just detach the ball joint and stick the lion head in the mane.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I like & equally find the takara combiner magnaboss head weird. because it's colored in those "brave" mel gibson movie head colors.

I don't like the takara blue head color for BW II lIO Junior. The yellow colored head on the hasbro version for prowl looks better