The Twins: Skids and Mudflap

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
onslaught86

Re: The Twins: Skids and Mudflap

Post by onslaught86 »

I like asymmetrical TF designs plenty too, it's just that those make no sense and look stupid. Giant cannon arm? Sure! Big claw? No problem! One eye's a laser? Awesome!

One hand is bigger than the other for no discernable reason or advantage, and it looks lame? Not so cool.. They're robots, there's no logical reason for it, it's not like they're brawlers with a big suckerpunch like X-Brawn.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It bugs me on Mudflap, but Skids, man. Shooty retro robot fist! I mean, sure, it doesn't actually shoot out. But I like to imagine it does!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

onslaught86 wrote:I like asymmetrical TF designs plenty too, it's just that those make no sense and look stupid. Giant cannon arm? Sure! Big claw? No problem! One eye's a laser? Awesome!
One hand turns into your beast mode's ass? Oh, bring that right the hell on!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

It bugs me as a design element. I'm okay with it as a gimmick. Wish they did have rocket punches, come to think. In fact, I'd like Mudflap more if he had the FAB's grappling hook gimmick instead. He's still neat, tho'.
138 Scourge wrote:
onslaught86 wrote:I like asymmetrical TF designs plenty too, it's just that those make no sense and look stupid. Giant cannon arm? Sure! Big claw? No problem! One eye's a laser? Awesome!
One hand turns into your beast mode's ass? Oh, bring that right the hell on!
Hells yeah I want more Backstop!

In fact, I want a new Rhinox, just so we get a Backstop repaint.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

And almost a year later...(I couldn't find anywhere else to put this)

So, I got the Ice Cream Truck twins since, apparently, Dom was tired of his.

And it's funny, I apparently really enjoy this toy. Putting the truck together involves fiddling with so many little shell pieces that I thought I was playing with Big Convoy for a second. Once it's together, it's a really great-looking truck with this neat retro appeal.

As for the robots, they still look like a couple of butt goblins, but transforming them is sort of entertaining, and somehow I don't hate 'em. I liked their retarded faces at first, before the movie ruined me on 'em, maybe since they're barely in this form in the movie I don't associate this mode with it?

Anyway, strangely enjoyable toy, I've been fiddling with 'em most of the weekend.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

But of course you love them. They're pink robots that combine into an ice-cream truck. What's not to love?