[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TF Views • View topic - Current TF movieverse is over, to be rebooted

Current TF movieverse is over, to be rebooted

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.

Current TF movieverse is over, to be rebooted

Postby Sparky Prime » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:28 am

Hasbro at a Toy Fair investors preview that they will be ending the current Transformers movieverse. Bumblebee: The Movie will be the last entry of the series and Transformers 6 has been canceled. Hasbro has no plans for another live action film yet but they, along with Paramount, intend on resetting the Transformers movieverse, although it sounds like they won't start planning for a few years, 2021.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Current TF movieverse is over, to be rebooted

Postby andersonh1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:31 am

andersonh1

Postby Dominic » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:22 am

Dominic
Supreme-Class

Postby Sparky Prime » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:21 am

Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Postby Dominic » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:38 pm

I am skeptical of this. How could a major movie, about a franchise that I sort of pay attention to, be out....and me not know about it?

Admittedly, things have been hectic. And, having pneumonia probably did not help. But, seriously?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Postby Shockwave » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:24 pm

Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Postby andersonh1 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:37 am

I haven't seen Bumblebee yet, so it's hard to comment on whether or not it's a good start for a reboot. But while I found a lot to enjoy about the Bay films, there was a lot I didn't like, and I can't say I'd mind a new start.
andersonh1

Postby JediTricks » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:46 am

We knew this a year ago viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2057&p=51505&hilit=reboot#p51505

This is what Brian Goldner said back in Feb '18, nobody listened.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Postby Sparky Prime » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:53 pm

Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Postby Dominic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:10 am

I was not paying close attention at this point last year. But, I took the rumbling from Hasbro (or maybe I thought it was the studio) to mean that they would make a decision based on where they thought the franchise was going. If they thought Bayformers was viable, they would treat " Bumblebee" as a prequel. If they decided Bayformers was not viable, "Bumblebee" would be a clean start.

(Oddly, I think that I have seen Bumblebee figure sets that treat the new movie's character as being another form of the Bayformers' character.)
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Next

Return to Transformers Live-Action Movies