TRU Platinum gift set of 5 AOE Dinobots, Yes another one.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ack/30827/

Think this was expected. Hasbro probably didn't announce it at Botcon 2014 because they didn't want to kill any sales on the SDCC G-1 Deco Dinobots gift set.

These are rumored to be in the AOE Movie colors. Looking at the pics, it seems you get Voyager Sludge-Slog, Voyager Grimlock, Deluxe Slag-Slug, Deluxe Swoop-Strafe and Deluxe Scorn. Sorry no Snarl

My guess is they are TRU USA store exclusives. Hoping for a $99 or less gift set price.

Hoping these are much cheaper priced than the insanely high priced $159 SDCC 2014 G-1 deco set of 4 dinobotsb ark gift set.

Guessing these will be much easier to find at TRU stores and online at TRU.com. Best of all there will probably be free shipping on these offered online. I'm probably going to try to buy these instead. As the box will be smaller, cheaper priced gift set, easier to find, their is 5 toys in this gift set & not 4 like the SDCC set.

Hasbro does not offer free shipping on the HTS.com when they offer those SDCC exclusives on there site. So if the SDCC 2014 G-1 Deco dinobots cost $159, then add another $20 in shipping fees + Tax comes to almost to $200 for this set. Worse of all Hasbro offers SDCC Attendees at the convention a 10% discount when buying at the convention but not at the HTS.Com site.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: TRU Platinum gift set of 5 AOE Dinobots, Yes another one

Post by JediTricks »

I wouldn't expect this Takara piece to make it to the US, sales on this line are hot enough to keep it going that long.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:I wouldn't expect this Takara piece to make it to the US, sales on this line are hot enough to keep it going that long.
I dunno, the five-pack from Botcon is supposed to be coming out in December. On BBTS only!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:
JediTricks wrote:I wouldn't expect this Takara piece to make it to the US, sales on this line are hot enough to keep it going that long.
I dunno, the five-pack from Botcon is supposed to be coming out in December. On BBTS only!
While it's just a guess on my part since I have no available info. I was heavily guessing this "Platinum" set of 5 gift set was going to be a USA "Platinum" store or site exclusive. TRU was my guess since they do more bigger TF gift sets. Maybe Amazon and BBTS will do another shared exclusive on this toy.

To my knowledge Takara in Japan has not released any TF under the "Platinum" banner or box label. Haven't ever heard of any Hong Kong-asian Hasbro or Takara TF toy releases with the "Platinum" banner label box. Best to my knowledge Hong kong-asia does release exclusive TF stuff under that "GDO" toy label banner box.

Doubt the the UK will get exclusive rights to sell this, as the UK gets the short end of nothing most of the time.

My current post count says, 1984, Which I think is kinda cool as it's the TF 30th anniversary year. What's even cooler, Every time i post, I advance another year in the TF francise, Till I hit my 2014 post count.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Thread update: The Platinum AOE Dinobot set of 5 gift set is a shared site exclusive between Amazon & BBTS.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Okay, I actually like that trailer, it makes me happy in the dumbest ways. Unfortunately I don't like it enough to buy it, but if it ends up on clearance...maybe.

(I did consider the DOTM Prime who had the trailer that was compatible with G1 Prime for quite a while.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.