Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby Onslaught Six » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:02 pm

They answered that, actually, a few days before Botcon. They're going to start offering preorders of individual toys through Diamond. So!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.


People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Image
User avatar
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 7022
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 am
Location: In front of my computer.

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby Almighty Unicron » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Onslaught Six wrote:They answered that, actually, a few days before Botcon. They're going to start offering preorders of individual toys through Diamond. So!

If I can get the same price as I could in a store with free shipping, I'd be all over that. These days I almost always pre-order my video games if I'm looking forward to them.
Image
User avatar
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby Shockwave » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:02 pm

I saw that posted on TFW. Although I didn't see it until after I'd submitted the question. But yeah, this is something I was very happy about.
User avatar
Shockwave
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby Tigermegatron » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:49 am

Almighty Unicron wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:They answered that, actually, a few days before Botcon. They're going to start offering preorders of individual toys through Diamond. So!

If I can get the same price as I could in a store with free shipping, I'd be all over that. These days I almost always pre-order my video games if I'm looking forward to them.


In 1993, I ordered Generations 2 huge green tank Megatron from a comic book store through that big diamond book. I paid in advance but the comic book store owner was a ruthless,creep,thief. He tried to steal my money but not give me my toy. I had to ask my older brother to talk to this guy in order to get my money back.

Unless Diamond creates a site and offers toys ordering online. I'd be very wary of trusting most comic book stores owners with ordering items for singular buyers using that big diamond book.

It's doubtful Diamond will have lower TF toys prices than Walmart.
User avatar
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 2106
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:28 am

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby Almighty Unicron » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Tigermegatron wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:They answered that, actually, a few days before Botcon. They're going to start offering preorders of individual toys through Diamond. So!

If I can get the same price as I could in a store with free shipping, I'd be all over that. These days I almost always pre-order my video games if I'm looking forward to them.


In 1993, I ordered Generations 2 huge green tank Megatron from a comic book store through that big diamond book. I paid in advance but the comic book store owner was a ruthless,creep,thief. He tried to steal my money but not give me my toy. I had to ask my older brother to talk to this guy in order to get my money back.

Unless Diamond creates a site and offers toys ordering online. I'd be very wary of trusting most comic book stores owners with ordering items for singular buyers using that big diamond book.

It's doubtful Diamond will have lower TF toys prices than Walmart.

There aren't any walmarts here in New York so that's not really a problem for me. Heck, I'd be willing to pay a dollar or two premium for a guarantee I'd get my figure by a certain date.
Image
User avatar
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby JediTricks » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 am

Something I hadn't thought of, but Botcon was a very busy time for the Hasbro gang, their booth was under near-constant barrage every time I was near there. I had a few brief conversations but it never led to any questions. I will endeavor to rectify that at SDCC when they will be back to being a small fish in a big pond. ;)

Shockwave wrote:
JediTricks wrote:Any more questions? I'm going to Botcon and going to try to get in something, but no guarantees.


About the only thing I could think about distribution.

"I understand that retailers have distribution centers that determine where product goes when it gets shipped out to stores. Unfortunately, this results in spotty distribution. A toy can wind up in quantities that will shelf warm in one area while being never even seen in other areas. Does Hasbro look at other different ways to get product to consumers in some of the lesser distributed areas?"

That's about the best way I can think to phrase that. If it's too much don't worry about it.
They have regional store reps who are supposed to be up on this, they go through stores and straighten up the Hasbro sections, help adjust stock back to the distribution center, this is a program they've had for a long time actually, but since the company restructuring it seems like the reps have gotten much worse around here anyway, just housewives taking part-time jobs with little understanding of the brands they're working with, and I see them focusing a lot more time on the brands they know - which is generally in the Girls Toys area (not trying to be sexist, but I've met 1 male store rep in the decades I've spent in this hobby).
Image
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
User avatar
JediTricks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3683
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: LA, CA, USA

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby Almighty Unicron » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:05 am

Hm. That sounds like the demo that does mystery shopping- a job I started doing in college (though mostly in restaurants and hotels). I wonder how you get involved doing that for Hasbro, straighten out the TF aisle.
Image
User avatar
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby JediTricks » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Almighty Unicron wrote:Hm. That sounds like the demo that does mystery shopping- a job I started doing in college (though mostly in restaurants and hotels). I wonder how you get involved doing that for Hasbro, straighten out the TF aisle.
Yeah, pretty much the same thing. I dunno how you get the job, but based on the characters I've met, I'd assume it's the same.
Image
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
User avatar
JediTricks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3683
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: LA, CA, USA

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby Almighty Unicron » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:44 pm

I've done some mystery shopping for Diamond, since there are a few comic shops within walking distance of me. They have me go in on tuesdays and try to buy Wednesday's comic and also check to see if the store is clean 'n' stuff. I usually get paid like $15 and get to keep any comics they let me buy.
Image
User avatar
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Postby JediTricks » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:12 am

Question for Hasbro:

WTF is up with these shitty instructions lately? Not including both transformations, not including the packaged mode transformation, having a ton of errors. WHAT THE FRENCH, TOAST?!?
Image
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
User avatar
JediTricks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3683
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: LA, CA, USA

Previous

Return to Transformers Live-Action Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron