One-Step Changers

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

One-Step Changers

Post by Sparky Prime »

With the New York's Toy Fair this weekend, USA Today has a first look at several "1 Step Changer" figures from the new movie toy line. These are obviously more kid-friendly figures that transform very simply. The figures shown include: Optimus Prime (Western Star semi-truck), Drift (Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse), Hound (Oshkosh Medium Tactical Vehicle), Stinger (Pagani Huayra), Lockdown (Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Coupe), Slash (Velociraptor Dinobot), Bumblebee (2014 Concept Camaro) and Chomp and Stomp Grimlock (T-Rex Dinobot). The article also mentions that there will be "Eighteen Autobot, Decepticon and Dinobot personalities" in the One-Step Changers assortment.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: One-Step Changers

Post by Tigermegatron »

They all look terrible. Needless to say,I won't be buying any 1 step TF4 toys. I also don't like that they are all missing key articulated joints.

Looking at those pics,That TF4 Stomp & Chomp Grimlock. Doesn't appear to be a 1 step transformation toy. There is more than 1 step to that transformation back & forth. It also appears this toy has much more articulated joints than the 1 step TF4 toys shown in these pics.

I'll be buying that TF4 Stomp & Chomp Grimlock toys. As it looks simply beautiful in both modes. It appears to have high sculpt,adult themed colors,medium transformation & a lot of Articulated joints to please me.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Looking at those pics,That TF4 Stomp & Chomp Grimlock. Doesn't appear to be a 1 step transformation toy. There is more than 1 step to that transformation back & forth. It also appears this toy has much more articulated joints than the 1 step TF4 toys shown in these pics.
I saw a video posted on TFW2005 from Toy Fair showing that it is a one step changer. It's just a button press and then stand it up straight for it to automatically transform to robot mode, much like the others. It is a lot larger than the other one step changers though, allowing them to give it more detail and articulation than those figures.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:Looking at those pics,That TF4 Stomp & Chomp Grimlock. Doesn't appear to be a 1 step transformation toy. There is more than 1 step to that transformation back & forth. It also appears this toy has much more articulated joints than the 1 step TF4 toys shown in these pics.
I saw a video posted on TFW2005 from Toy Fair showing that it is a one step changer. It's just a button press and then stand it up straight for it to automatically transform to robot mode, much like the others. It is a lot larger than the other one step changers though, allowing them to give it more detail and articulation than those figures.
I posted that reply a day before I saw that video. it is indeed a one step changer.

Looking at the pics & that video. The toy appears to have Armada style limited articulation. The robot arms appear to have all the needed joints. I don't know about the robot head. The Robot legs don't appear to have any bending backward/forward knee joints. At best maybe the robot legs can walk forward. It doesn't appear the robot legs can split out to the sides. looking at the pics,there is definately no waist joint. I don't think there is any ankle joints as the lower legs & ankles look like there made of the same plastic piece. I Can't tell it the robot fist can rotate or not. The T-rex tiny arms appear to be on a joint.

A day or Two ago. I was wondering if it's possible to kitbash poseable robot legs on that stomp & chomp Grimlock one step toy. Ideas I had was using the T-rex legs from the leader AOE Grimlock toy & giving them to the stomp & chomp version. Problem is the AOE Leader size Grimlock legs become the arms in robot mode. My guess is the Stomp & chomp grimlock might be to oversized 12 inches compared to the 9 inch AOE leader sized version. I was wondering if the constructabots grimlock 10 inch toy might work as a parts swap. My guesses are nothing will work due to different toy sizes,different joints tech & thickness/thiness plastic issues.

I guess,I really don't need the Stomp & Chomp Grimlock. As the AOE Voyager & leader sized Grimlock toys are both beyond awesome toys.
If I get the stomp & chomp,It'll be for novelty purposes not for serious display purposes. I just can't imagine myself buying it for $79.99. Most likely I'll wait for it to go on deep clearance for a fraction of the price.