Hasbro pics,first look at TF4 leader sized Optimus Prime toy

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Hasbro pics,first look at TF4 leader sized Optimus Prime toy

Post by Tigermegatron »

Hasbro pics,first look at TF4 leader sized Optimus Prime toy. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ime/28554/
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... oy-178570/

My 2 cents:
The figure looks like garbage in both modes. It looks vastly inferior to the 2007 & ROTF Leader sized Optimus Prime toys. This TF4 toy literally looks like it was aimed at toddlers with the simplified sculpt,simplified engineering & back pack-shell-former transformation. the toy looks like a rescue bots leader sized TF4 optimus styled toy.

The toy appears to have actual rubber tires,which is rare for newer TF toys these days,as we only see this now on MP TF toys. It's kinda a shame real rubber tires were wasted on what many TF fans are calling the WORST optimus movie verse leader sized toy to date.

What a Ugly sculpt in both modes. I don't even want to know why the back of the robot mode has all those "Erector set metal bars"
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... oy-178570/ I'm hoping ( but doubt) those Erector bars on the back bot mode are their for some type of combiner mode,whether optimus combines with another TF character toy or trailer or?

Those banana yellow colored sword & other weapon look like KO weapons. Those are just awful colors to color any TF weapons. especially if the TF character toy is not colored yellow.

Knowing Hasbro,I can only assume that Bumblebee will get another Leader sized toy in the TF4 toy line. Stealing another leader toy slot from Megatron or others that deserve/need it more.

If Hasbro is wondering why a huge chunck of on-line TF fans are buying more 3rd party not-TF toys & less Hasbro/Takara liscensed TF toys------>This TF4 leader sized Optimus toy is why in a nut shell. At this rate if this continues,3rd party companies will start making full toys for the movie-verse & other TF toy lines supported by a newer cartoon series.

I gotta say i'm a bit surprised Hasbro showed off a TF4 toy so early on, Hasbro must be desperate after the DOTM toy line did so poorly in sales in the USA.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Hasbro pics,first look at TF4 leader sized Optimus Prime

Post by JediTricks »

http://www.tfviews.com/news/toysandcollectibles/1822

Posted in our news the 2 press pics, but at least as bigass pics. In preview mode, I thought this was a Deluxe, shocked to read in its press release info that it's a friggin' Leader.

The back view is a kibble queen, maybe it'll look better at Toy Fair.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Hasbro updates with official pics that look somewhat different than the pics shown yesterday of TF L Optimus.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ime/28556/

Things that I see that are different in the pics yesterday to tdays official pics are as follows:
1- The TF4 L optimus test shot on display at NYCC 2013 looks it received a bad hand paint job in certain areas on the toy.
2- the sword & key weapons are hand painted yellow in the pics yesterday. while the hasbro official pics show the sword in translucent colors & the key in burnth orange colors.
3- Some of the chrome on the test shot shown yesterday has been replaced by dull silver.
4- some parts are different colors,like the shoulder flaps now being blue instead of chrome.
5- Things appear to be transformed a bit better on the official hasbro pics compared to the pics shown yesterday.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

That's a Leader Class figure? I thought it was a Voyager Class when I first saw it. It just doesn't look as detailed as a Leader Class figure should be...
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sadly,as bad as the toy looks from the front in robot mode,It literally looks hundreds of times worse from the back of the robot mode.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... oy-178570/ the bad sculpt really shows from the back like those gigantic brick shaped back feet,the erector set metal bars on the middle of the back,those truck wheels with Undercarriage cab on the upper back. all that kibble hanging off the arms/legs so visible on the back.

Hasbro probably won't have any TF4 Leader toy slots left for Galvatron,Grimlock or other villians thanks to Bumblebee stealing a TF4 Leader toy slot.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

TFW2005 has gotten a leaked image of an Optimus Prime figure which appears to be a different figure from the version shown at NYCC. Maybe this is a Voyager class version? Got to say, whatever it is, I think it looks better than the Optimus shown at NYCC. Although it looks like it still has a kibble backpack...
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Hasbro is going to be releasing a Chromed First Edition of the figure.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:Hasbro is going to be releasing a Chromed First Edition of the figure.
a few days ago amazon.com put up a early pre-order for this. sadly hours later the pre-order was removed. some are wondering if it sold out or did hasbro ask amazon to remove the early pre-order due to them breaking street release date. TRU.com often gets in trouble for doing early preorders.

Some are wondering if the amazon FE TF4 Leader prime will have the added chrome. while retailers will sell the less chome versions,similar to what sdcc & usa retailers did with titan metroplex.

LASTLY,There are a small group of on-line fans speculating that Hasbro might release 2 totally different molds for the TF4 Leader sized optimus prime toys. Since TFP FE Did release early new mold versions that were different from the TFP Rid toy versions. At this point anything is possible,it's just a wait & see game from here.