Spoilers, Goddammit!!!!

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Spoilers, Goddammit!!!!

Post by Mako Crab »

Lots of spoilers ahead. You been warned!!!

See that? Nice little spoiler warning right there. You know what your'e getting yourself into. Not like earlier today, when I cued up the front page of TFW! Oh, what's that? Dinobots in TF4?! Plot points! Set photos! Full cast?! Thanks, TFW! Thanks for spoiling everything!! Ugh!! I was already cutting my time and posting there way, way back, but now it may be time to stop going altogether. If the whole damn movie is going to be ruined for me on the main page, then that ain't no good.

Okay, that's my rant for the day.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Spoilers, Goddammit!!!!

Post by Onslaught Six »

Ever since the first Movie was announced, TFW has had a link right on the front page to display the site without any Movie-related news. (They also recently added an option to display with no third-party news, which is how I look at it.) I suggest bookmarking this if spoilers are anything you give a shit about. (I don't, because the Bay films are shallow and predictable enough that nothing in them could possibly surprise me, except for how bad they are.)

That said, news that some people are going to be in the movie, some scenes might take place in Hong Kong (big fucking deal) and some Transformers characters (who have been rumoured to be appearing as far back as the second film) isn't exactly spoiler-worthy material, in my opinion. Who the hell goes into ANY movie completely blind like that? I mean, sure, I went into IM3 without knowing too much about the Mandarin's presence in the film, but I knew he was in the fucking thing. I knew there would be a shitload of Iron Man suits in the movie. I knew Guy Fawkes or Guy Gardner or Guy whatever the hell his last name is was going to be playing Seth Killian or whatever his name was.
Spoiler
(I actually think Seth Killian is the guy who runs Capcom USA.)
I didn't know how all those things would factor in, though, and that's the important part, I guess.

Also, I assume you're talking about this one promotional still image when you say "full cast list," which is actually just a bunch of the crew hanging out on set. Also, that's an officially released photo. That means the people who are making the movie want you to see that. It's like, if they put it in the trailer, or on the poster, you're supposed to see that! They want you to see that and get hyped.

I mean, frankly, I don't see how "Dinobots might maybe be in this movie" is a big deal. Okay. So some guys might be in it. Woohoo, I guess. I somehow doubt that, if they are indeed in the film, we wouldn't see shots of toys of them six months in advance, and shots of them in every Goddamn trailer from the Superbowl until next May. You'd have to basically avoid any form of media to not get anything at least a tiny bit spilled. Frankly, "Dinobots might be in it" and "Some parts might take place in China" are hilariously tiny spoilers and to give such a big shit about it is, in my opinion, really pedantic.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Spoiler
I'm looking forward to their being 4 or 5 Dinobots in the TF movie & more importantly TF4 toy line. I really want a decent Grimlock toy since the 1.0 was too tiny,TFA was too misproportioned+ugly & FOC is extremely ugly+mis-proportioned in sculpt. My hopes are the TF4 toy line Grimlock toy is Voyager sized & has a better sculpt than FOC Grimlock's toy had.

I'm most excited about their being a Cyclonus in this TF4 movie/toy line. My hopes are that TF4 Cyclonus's toy is either Voyager or dare I dream Leader sized. While I loved the 2.0 Cyclonus toy,it just needed to be bigger like voyager or 8 inch Ultra sized.\

Hopefully their's a Galvatron & Scourge to go with the TF4 Cyclonus in the movie/toy line. As these three guys desperately need bigger scaled toys in the voyager,ultra or leader toy sizes. As their classics/generations toys were tiny deluxes.

I really Wish we get some old school combiners in TF4,The stunticons/Menasor & either the Dinobots that form Dinoking or the aerial-bots/superion or even the protectobots/defensor.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Dammit, 06!!! Why don't you get pissed off about the same things I do!!

Also, this is the first time I have ever noticed that "no movie news" link on their page. Most likely their fault for not making it more visible.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:That said, news that some people are going to be in the movie, some scenes might take place in Hong Kong (big fucking deal) and some Transformers characters (who have been rumoured to be appearing as far back as the second film) isn't exactly spoiler-worthy material, in my opinion.
Also worth pointing out, the names of some of those Transformers still might not be the final names that'll be used in the film. We've seen with the past films how often they've used place holder names, and how late into production they can be changed.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:That said, news that some people are going to be in the movie, some scenes might take place in Hong Kong (big fucking deal) and some Transformers characters (who have been rumoured to be appearing as far back as the second film) isn't exactly spoiler-worthy material, in my opinion.
Also worth pointing out, the names of some of those Transformers still might not be the final names that'll be used in the film. We've seen with the past films how often they've used place holder names, and how late into production they can be changed.
Bawlistator.

Also, there's what O6 said and in addition to that, I don't care if people tell me the full plot of a movie anyway because what they got out of it might not be what I get out of it. Example, my friend saw a tv show or movie once (I forget which) and he told me what happens in the movie. Then, when I saw it, I thought to myself "That wasn't what happened at all". So really, spoilers are only as good as the memory of the person doing the spoiling.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Yeah. It was just my knee jerk reaction. Today I don't even care.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I like being spoiled,with spoilers. I like getting advance info on the TF toys/media.

I only enjoy the TF live action movies for all that ground breaking CGI. Everything else like plot/story/dialogue/actors,are a pure torture to watch in theathres/dvd.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Update: Kelsey Grammer sat down with Empire and had a couple things to say about Transformers 4. Check the blurbs below for some minor insight to his character Harold Attinger.

"Malevolent" is the word Grammer uses to describe his big bad, Harold Attinger.

"He’s a no-nonsense guy,"he told Empire. "He’s lived his life in the shadows for 30 years in the service of his country, and he likes to be unremarkable yet very efficient."

What of his first collaboration with the ringmaster?

"I don’t know if Michael has seen Frasier," laughed Grammer. "He’s been very respectful and funny. He’s a terrific guy and quite a filmmaker. He just said to me the other day, 'You’re Kelsey Grammer - you can do whatever you want to do.' So I guess he at least has some acquaintance with my work."

So what would Frasier Crane make of all the Bayhem?

"Well, you know what? I think he might find it offensive in some ways,
but there was always a bit of Frasier that wasn’t completely a snob. He always liked blowing up things, too, if he could! When he would discover his inner child, he would revel in it, and I think Transformers is one of those things."

My 2 cents: I think Kelsey Grammer would have been perfect to play Doctor Arkeville,Lord Zarak or or G.B Blackrock in the TF movie-verse.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Thread Update: Their is a spoiler pic of what TF4 Grimlocks robot mode "MIGHT" look like. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ode/28817/

As I speculated/guessed/predicted,The TF4 dinobots designs will look similar to the late 1990's Bandai toy line DinoZaurs/Dinozone toy/cartoon designs. As far as the fossilized dinosaurs bones designs being incorporated into the robots & dinosaurs modes for the TF4 Dinobots.