I think they'll be G-1 homages toys in the TF4 toy line.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: I think they'll be G-1 homages toys in the TF4 toy line.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:If on-line fans can accept FOC toys as 1980's G-1 homage toys That are clearly in a different G-1 alternate universe. I don't see what the big deal is of accepting some TF4 (that exist in a different G-1 alternate universe) toys ALSO as 1980's G-1 homages.
Difference being, the live actions films have an aesthetic style all its own while WFC/FOC is clearly much more based on the designs of G1. I mean, you could call ROTF Devastator a homage to G1 Devastator, but because of the radically different style of the movies, it's pretty much in name only.
Define G-1?

Saying TF4 Grimlock,TF4 Dinobots toyS & the TF4 Stunticons toys won't count as a G-1 homages yet FOC Grimlocks toy & the FOC Combaticons toys counts as G-1 1980's homages is pure epic Ridiculousness, biased & a Contradictory way of thinking to suit ones opinion.

all these newer TF toy lines from 2001 thru 2013,All exist in alternate universe versions of G-1. Even Classics/Generations toys exist in a alternate G-1 TF toy universe.

2001 Rid,AEC,TFA,Movie-verse,Classics/Generations & TFP ALL EXIST IN DIFFERENT ALTERNATE G-1 UNIVERSES. Each toy line has a completly different designs style aesthetics than the 1980's TF toys had.

The FOC generations toys don't even have the same style designs aesthetics that 1.0,2.0 & 25th had.

FOC is not meant to exist in the original 1980's TF G-1 Uiverse,FOC exist in a alternate G-1 Universe like Rid,AEC,TFA,Movie-verse & TFP does.

At the very least if the TF4 movie/toy line has 5 Stunticons that form Menasor,Their will be 4 sports cars-bots & a truck-bot that merges to form Menasor,These toys will be more/better 1980's G-1 homages than the FOC Combaticons were.

To say the FOC combaticons toys are decent G-1 1980's homage toys,Is basically saying,you never watched any of the 1980's TF Cartoons nor read any of the 1980's TF marvel comics. Because according to the 1980's TF cartoon series,Starscream created that bruticus combined mode,Bruticus never existed in the past on Cybertron millions of years ago. In the 1980's G-1 cartoon series Starscream didn't put those stolen sparks/whatever in alt modes he figured would match the original combaticons cybertronian alt modes abilities like flight,ground,armored,etc.. Starscream didn't care,he saw 5 earth vehicles & just threw the sparks/whatever in whatever vehicles he felt like throwing them into.

As far as the 1980's TF G-1 marvel comics are concerned,the combaticons never existed in the past on cybertron in cybetronian type vehicles/bodies. The Combaticons in the marvel G-1 comics were created on the earth & were given newer personas/sparks/whatever.

Saying TF4 Grimlocks toy & the TF4 Stunticons toys won't count as a G-1 homage yet FOC Grimlocks toy & the FOC Combaticons toys counts as G-1 1980's homages is pure epic Ridiculousness, biased & a Contradictory way of thinking to suit ones opinion.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Where do you see that I said they wouldn't count as homages? Because I don't see that I ever said anything like that anywhere. I was responding to your comment about fans being less accepting of the movie figures as homages compared to the FOC figures. Your whole rant here is based on a misreading. The movie figures have a completely different aesthetic than any other toyline. Most of them don't look very much, if anything, like their G1 counterparts. As I was saying with Devastator, based on how the movie version looks compared to the G1 version, would you guess they were even the same character if you didn't know they were supposed to be? Where as if you look at G1 Bumblebee compared to WFC Bumblebee, the WFC version was very clearly designed to look like a Cybertronian version of G1 Bumblebee.
Define G-1?
In what sense? There are several versions of G1 now, so I can think of a couple ways to define it.
Each toy line has a completly different designs style aesthetics that the 1980's TF toys had.
Many of the figures from other toylines at least somewhat look like their G1 counterparts though, unlike a lot of the live action movie versions which could just as easily be completely different characters.
To say the FOC combaticons toys are decent G-1 1980's homage toys,Is basically saying,you never watched any of the 1980's TF Cartoons nor read any of the 1980's TF marvel comics.
A homage is simply a toy that is intentionally made to resemble an earlier version of the character or toy. It makes no difference what the characters origins in the fiction was. Maybe you should confirm some facts and do a bit of research before you start falsely accusing people of "epic Ridiculousness, biased & a Contradictory way of thinking to suit ones opinion."
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:Where do you see that I said they wouldn't count as homages? Because I don't see that I ever said anything like that anywhere. I was responding to your comment about fans being less accepting of the movie figures as homages compared to the FOC figures. Your whole rant here is based on a misreading. The movie figures have a completely different aesthetic than any other toyline. Most of them don't look very much, if anything, like their G1 counterparts. As I was saying with Devastator, based on how the movie version looks compared to the G1 version, would you guess they were even the same character if you didn't know they were supposed to be? Where as if you look at G1 Bumblebee compared to WFC Bumblebee, the WFC version was very clearly designed to look like a Cybertronian version of G1 Bumblebee.
Define G-1?
In what sense? There are several versions of G1 now, so I can think of a couple ways to define it.
Each toy line has a completly different designs style aesthetics that the 1980's TF toys had.
Many of the figures from other toylines at least somewhat look like their G1 counterparts though, unlike a lot of the live action movie versions which could just as easily be completely different characters.
To say the FOC combaticons toys are decent G-1 1980's homage toys,Is basically saying,you never watched any of the 1980's TF Cartoons nor read any of the 1980's TF marvel comics.
A homage is simply a toy that is intentionally made to resemble an earlier version of the character or toy. It makes no difference what the characters origins in the fiction was. Maybe you should confirm some facts and do a bit of research before you start falsely accusing people of "epic Ridiculousness, biased & a Contradictory way of thinking to suit ones opinion."
not everybody feels the movie-verse is incapable of creating decent 1980's G-1 homage toys. not everybody agrees that ONLY the classics/Generations toy lines are capable of offering the best 1980's TF G-1 homage toys.

1.0,TFA & FOC Grimlock toys were all pure epic garbage in either sculpt,engineerring or wrong size,Their is no doubt in my mind that the TF4 Grimlock & Dinobots toys will be better toys & probably even better 1980's homage toys.

If their are TF4 Stunticons/Menasor toys,they will probably be closer 1980's G-1 toys homage than FOC Combaticons/Bruticus were. as they'll be 4 race cars-bots & one truck-bot that merge to form Menasor. a closer generations combaticons/bruticus 1980's homage toys would have been to use their earth alt modes,not newly made up cybertronian alt modes designs.

re-pasted from my previous reply since you missed it.
To say the FOC combaticons toys are decent G-1 1980's homage toys,Is basically saying,you never saw 1980's toy pics or bought any of the 1980's combaticons toys,nor watched any of the 1980's TF Cartoons nor read any of the 1980's TF marvel comics. Because according to the 1980's TF cartoon series,Starscream created that bruticus combined mode on the earth in 1985,Bruticus never existed in the past on Cybertron millions of years ago. In the 1980's G-1 cartoon series Starscream didn't put those stolen sparks/whatever in alt modes he figured would match the original combaticons cybertronian alt modes abilities like flight,ground,armored,etc.. Starscream didn't care,he saw 5 earth vehicles & just threw the sparks/whatever in whatever vehicles he felt like throwing them into.

As far as the 1980's TF G-1 marvel comics are concerned,the combaticons never existed in the past on cybertron in cybetronian type vehicles/bodies. The Combaticons in the marvel G-1 comics were created on the earth & were given newer personas/sparks/whatever.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:not everybody feels the movie-verse is incapable of creating decent 1980's G-1 homage toys. not everybody agrees that ONLY the classics/Generations toy lines are capable of offering the best 1980's TF G-1 homage toys.
I never said everybody did. Doesn't change the fact many of the movie designs look a whole lot different from any other part of the franchise.
1.0,TFA & FOC Grimlock toys were all pure epic garbage in either sculpt,engineerring or wrong size,Their is no doubt in my mind that the TF4 Grimlock & Dinobots toys will be better toys & probably even better 1980's homage toys.

If their are TF4 Stunticons/Menasor toys,they will probably be closer 1980's G-1 toys homage than FOC Combaticons/Bruticus were. as they'll be 4 race cars-bots & one truck-bot that merge to form Menasor. a closer generations combaticons/bruticus 1980's homage toys would have been to use their earth alt modes,not newly made up cybertronian alt modes designs.
Based on all the previous movie lines, what makes you think they'll be closer to the G1 toys, assuming those characters will be in the next movie at all? A lot of characters in the films simply don't match up with any previous version of the character.
re-pasted from my previous reply since you missed it.
Look again, because I had quoted a segment of that and responded to it. And as I'd pointed out, a homage has got absolutely nothing to do with the characters origins in the fiction. I know what the original Combaticons look like. I've seen the cartoon and had the RiD version of the toy. It doesn't matter that they started out with Earth vehicle modes. That doesn't mean good homages has to replicate those Earth forms. Homages are just about resemblances of the characters regardless. The FOC Combaticons were made to look like a Cybertronian version of the G1 characters. That's what makes them a good homage. Seriously, look up the definition of homage as it pertains to toys.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote: I never said everybody did. Doesn't change the fact many of the movie designs look a whole lot different from any other part of the franchise.
As 06 & I stated in this Thread,A lot of the yellowbox toys seem to have a mixture fusion of movie-verse & classics sculpted aesthetics thrown into the yellowbox toys molds.

I get it,you dis-like all the spikes,robotic muscles,misproportions & ugly faces that most Movie-verse TF toys have. WELL GUESS WHAT TFP/BH ALso had this. So did,Beastwars & BM. Even the FOC toys have these things.

Just because you "MIGHT" not be fond of the movie-verse designs aesthetics & don't see any decent 1980's G-1 homages,It doesn't mean everyone feels this way. The movie-verse's toy line's greatest charm is offering buyers liscensed cars toys for the autobots & realistic real world military vehicles for the decepticons---> This is what the 1984-1985 TF toys had.

If your looking for a different TF toy line that doesn't look like other TF toy lines from 2001 thru 2013 THEN THE 2009 ANIMATED TOY LINE IS IT. As these molds were aimed at much younger kids than other TF toy lines were. Most Animated toys featured under-sculpted smiley faces for the autobots & under sculpted frowns for the decepticons. most of the sculpts looked like highly stylized playschool go-bots TF toys. most of the sculpts seemed like they were caricatures,that tried to poke fun at other TF toy lines sculpted molds by making the TFA aesthetics more silly, more cartoony & exaggerated looking.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:I get it,you dis-like all the spikes,robotic muscles,misproportions & ugly faces that most Movie-verse TF toys have. WELL GUESS WHAT TFP/BH ALso had this. So did,Beastwars & BM. Even the FOC toys have these things.
I didn't say I didn't like them. I'm actually a fan of the movie designs for the most part. What I said is that the aesthetics are different between the movie-verse and every other part of the franchise, which has a lot of fans far less accepting of those figures as homages by comparison to other TF lines.
If your looking for a different TF toy line that doesn't look like other TF toy lines from 2001 thru 2013 THEN THE 2009 ANIMATED TOY LINE IS IT.
I don't really agree with that. I mean, sure they're a lot more cartoony looking, but they still have a closer resemblance to characters than a lot of the movie designs.