$29.99 HA VS Alternators,which do u say is superior/better?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

$29.99 HA VS Alternators,which do u say is superior/better?

Post by Tigermegatron »

$29.99 Human Alliance VS Alternators toys,which do you say is superior/better?

I'm going to have to say,The Alternators/BT toys are Superior/Better in my book. Due to the more beautiful sculpts in both modes. At the very least the head sculpts,colors & other things tried to homage the G-1 TF character toy/media designs. The higher quality color schemes. Better selections of liscensed cars. more stable in both modes. cool engine that transforms into a weapon. robot modes seemed more proportioned. no mangled/distorted/bent limbs/body parts.

While the $29.99 HA toys had more poseable robot modes compared to the Alternators. The Majority of the $29.99 HA either put the joints in weird places or used that new age poseable joints technology that was cheaper/inferior to other joints tech used in other TF toy lines. I really hated that more than 80% of the robot modes featured those distorted/bent limbs/body parts. I dis-liked the extremly ugly robot head sculpts. nothing about these character toys even tried to homage the 1980's TF toy characters that they were named after. the majority were unstable in both modes. The Majority were given color schemes that didn't even try to match their G-1 homage character toy/media. Some of the colors applied looked very cheap. the tiny human chracters that got included was a bad idea,as this caused cut backs on key areas of the main TF toy.

I really Dis-liked all the stero type human elements/designs that got incorporated into some of the $29.99 HA TF toys like as follows:
the baseball cap & beard that HA Roadbuster had. The beer belly Gut/stomach that HA leadfoot had. the Gang or distorted faces & over sized hands that HA Skids & mudflap had. the roller skates for feet that Sideswipe had. Barricades over sized hands & beard
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: $29.99 HA VS Alternators,which do u say is superior/bett

Post by JediTricks »

Human Alliance are superior in my book.

Alternators were cool for their time, but they're overly kibbly, they're brittle, they're sorta simplistic and soft in sculpting, their articulation isn't that good, their weapons suck.

Not seeing why HA should be faulted for following the movies' awful designs.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote: Alternators,their articulation isn't that good.
The articulation got better near the end of the line. I can literally name over 10 Alternators toys that have more articulation & more range of movement in the joints than all the $29.99 HA toys do.

Alternators Jazzz/Shockwave,Optimus Prime/Nemesis Prime,Mirage/Rodimus,Prowl/camshaft,Grimlocklock/Wheeljack,Hound/Swindle/Rollbar,Jaguar Ravage,Skids were beyond super poseable & had no restrictions in their range of movement in the joints.
JediTricks wrote: Not seeing why HA should be faulted for following the movies' awful designs.
The Problem is the $29.99 HA took the horrible movie designs,mangled limbs,mis-proportions & ugly faces to the next level. Almost every $29.99 HA toy literally looked better in deluxe toy form deluxe versions were more beautiful,better proportioned,more solid & had almost the same moving joints count.

2007 Deluxe Jazz was hands down the superior mold compared to the $29.99 HA Jazz toy. As the deluxe version was better proportioned,more beautiful in sculpt in both modes,was more solid,was more stable on display shelves.

The $29.99 HA Barricade mold suffered from the over sized hands,weirdly placed hip joints that prevented the legs from walking forward,mangled legs. the 2007 or 2011 Deluxe barricade molds were the more superior molds.

Both $29.99 HA Leadfoot & HA Roadbuster,were both more uglier,more extreme stero type in sculpt & had more QC engineering problems compared to their deluxe sized toy versions.

Even though their designs were extreme ugly,The deluxe sized toys for mudflap & Skids were better proportioned,more solid,less QC problems,more stable on display shelves,less stero type,less ugly compared to the $29.99 HA versions.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I only ever had one HA figure and that was Bumblebee. I had nearly all of the Alternators. With Bumblebee I felt that the deluxe "battle blade" version was a far better representation of Moviebee than the HA figure. I never felt that with any of the Alternators or their deluxe counterparts.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tigermegatron wrote:The articulation got better near the end of the line. I can literally name over 10 Alternators toys that have more articulation & more range of movement in the joints than all the $29.99 HA toys do.

Alternators Jazzz/Shockwave,Optimus Prime/Nemesis Prime,Mirage/Rodimus,Prowl/camshaft,Grimlocklock/Wheeljack,Hound/Swindle/Rollbar,Jaguar Ravage,Skids were beyond super poseable & had no restrictions in their range of movement in the joints.
Grimlock's knees don't move past 45 degrees unless you untransform his leg a bit. Prowl's arms can't be raised above level, his head is limited, and his knees barely can move. Optimus' shoulders are hindered, and his legs are difficult to pose. Mirage is a kibble king that gets in the way of everything.
JediTricks wrote: Not seeing why HA should be faulted for following the movies' awful designs.
The Problem is the $29.99 HA took the horrible movie designs,mangled limbs,mis-proportions & ugly faces to the next level. Almost every $29.99 HA toy literally looked better in deluxe toy form deluxe versions were more beautiful,better proportioned,more solid & had almost the same moving joints count.

2007 Deluxe Jazz was hands down the superior mold compared to the $29.99 HA Jazz toy. As the deluxe version was better proportioned,more beautiful in sculpt in both modes,was more solid,was more stable on display shelves.

The $29.99 HA Barricade mold suffered from the over sized hands,weirdly placed hip joints that prevented the legs from walking forward,mangled legs. the 2007 or 2011 Deluxe barricade molds were the more superior molds.
You ask subjective questions and then act as if your opinions are facts. There's no reason to have a conversation with you, nobody else's opinion matters in your world.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2586/450 ... 6b63_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2715/4028 ... 56a9_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2582/4233 ... ba2e_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3518/3839 ... 78ca_z.jpg

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4103/4975 ... b545_z.jpg

Each Deluxe there looks like a pile of cheap compromises, and each HA looks pretty decent and fairly close to the on-screen model.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Actually, I never liked the way Sideswipe looked--his arms look weird and chunky. Deluxe Sideswipe is good though.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I always meant to pick up a few HA figures just to compare them to Alternators, but the $30 price point put me off. I love Alternators, whatever their flaws, and the HA figures would have to be pretty good to live up to the standard set by Alternators, as far as I'm concerned. :)
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

andersonh1 wrote:I always meant to pick up a few HA figures just to compare them to Alternators, but the $30 price point put me off. I love Alternators, whatever their flaws, and the HA figures would have to be pretty good to live up to the standard set by Alternators, as far as I'm concerned. :)
The HAs are worth the $30, not only did they come out later when costs had gone up, but they have thinner-walled plastic that also doesn't break as easily, and they have fun features and a human figure some sucker probably will trade for. ;)

I like the Alternators, but it's more through rose-tinted nostalgia glasses than as toys. The lack of bicep and thigh swivels on some figures really hurts. To me, they're not fun, they're clunky and awkward and a weird subset of "toys in theory only".
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I only ever got Barricade, and he had enough problems that I had no problem selling him for twice his retail price on eBay.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I'd really have to say I preferred the Alternators over the Human Alliance figures. The only two HA figures I liked were Bumblebee and Jazz.