I guess not everything can be predicted.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

I guess not everything can be predicted.

Post by Tigermegatron »

I guess not everything can be predicted--------> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-RO ... 19dc45c567 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Re ... 4d0d3bbab0

I remember in 2009,ROTF Supreme Devestator was getting such bad/awful reviews from a big portion of the on-line internet TF fans. I also remember at all my local stores,this toy was such a shelf warmer it had to get reduced & then mass reduced below 50% off just to get it out of stores. Most of my local stores had this item for almost a year/12 months. Their was no shortage of this toy in my area,It was super easy to find on shelves when the first shipment was stocked on shelves.

Who would have thought a few years later in 2013,ROTF Ultimate Devestator would be worth double or tripple or more on the Secondary market.

I remember most on-line internet fans complaining that Rotf Supreme devestator was awful because it had no individual robot modes,exspensive price,limited range of movement in the joints,missing articulations,hard to display due to it being so unstable in poses,etc...

I tried really hard to like this toy to the extent I bought it & gave it a fair "try out". It didn't bother me that it had no individual robot modes as I thought of it as a duo-con or trio-con like Armada Tidalwave---> only with 6 vehicles that formed a robot mode. What dis-pleased me the most was the limited/missing articulation the Devestator robot mode had,like no head joint,no neck joint,no waist joint,missing joints in the limbs.limited range of movement in almost all the joints. LAST STRAW that put the icing on the cake for me was the how unstable it was to pose in even the most basic display pose----> Due to the weirdly placed hip joints,bent/distorted sculpt in the legs & top heavyness from the biggest vehicles being on the torso & head. A FEW MONTHS, I WOUND UP SELLING THE ROTF ULTIMATE DEVESTATOR TOY AT A LOCAL COMIC BOOK TOY CONVENTION WHERE I WAS A DEALER AT A TABLE I SOLD STUFF AT.

The only guesses,I have why ROTF Ultimate Devestator is worth so much in 2013 on the Secondary maket. Is due to some fans passing on the toy due to not liking it,then years later,they liked the toy. some passing on the toy in 2009 due to not having the USA $99.99,now in 2013,they have the money to buy it.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: I guess not everything can be predicted.

Post by Onslaught Six »

Actually, I found several loose and complete Devastators for about $50.

There's always going to be people charging huge amounts for things on eBay. That's just how it goes. I challenge you to actually find anyone paying $300 for this.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.