New vehicles for TF4

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

New vehicles for TF4

Post by Sparky Prime »

Michael Bay's website has updated with an image of Optimus Prime's new vehicle mode. No longer a Peterbuilt truck, he is now a custom Western Star truck. Although, he still has a similar flame paint job that he had in the first 3 films.

And just in case you missed it, a little earlier two new Autobot vehicles were revealed as well. A 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse and a racing 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray concept, although those characters have not yet been revealed.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: New vehicles for TF4

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Some day, some day, I'll see a transformer that turns into the popemobile.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Sparky Prime wrote:Michael Bay's website has updated with an image of Optimus Prime's new vehicle mode. No longer a Peterbuilt truck, he is now a custom Western Star truck. Although, he still has a similar flame paint job that he had in the first 3 films.
Different, but not that different. I presume he's had his arm reattached since the events of Dark of the Moon so there's not a big gap in the truck somewhere. :P
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Ugh, I don't like that truck, it looks very plasticky and cheap and stubby but overbuilt at the same time, like a real world version of the TF Prime truck. It doesn't look tough at all, it looks like every time a driver gets in the whole thing flexes.

I don't give a shit about the other cars until they make toys of 'em, Dino/Mirage being a Ferrari meant nothing because we never got a figure of him. The new 'Vette is obvious and has a tacky wing and a really unappealing color, the main design is ok if you don't mind that it's lifting from Ferrari while bolting the Camaro rear end on, but used here it's not firing anything for me. The Veryon is fine, more of the same from that family, color is not impressive though, and it's so low and wide that I suspect Hasbro won't be able to realize it well even if they get the license.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Well I just went to tfw and apparently the Bugatti is Drift and the Stingray is Slingshot.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Well I just went to tfw and apparently the Bugatti is Drift and the Stingray is Slingshot.
I'll fuckin' believe it when I see names on packages. Bay is NOTORIOUS about spreading misinformation about names and identities of characters, and I don't trust anything until we've got concrete, serious confirmation.

Wouldn't Drift be better served by being a Japanese model of car, anyway?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

And a few more vehicles have been spotted. A rusty old truck cab, that looks somewhat like G1 Optimus Prime. The uploader of that photo apparently made a reference to the Dinobots, but I think they might have just been responding to rumors the Dinobots will be in the film. And apparently Bumblebee was sighted, but the vehicle was covered up before any images were taken of it.

And yeah, I wouldn't trust names given out at this point with Bay's tendency to spread mis-information, and they do like to use place holder names at this point as well.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Yeah I wouldn't trust it either but the "info" was there so I posted it here.

And actually, I'm not sure I would even trust it after we have the packaging. Look how many times that's been botched up *coughcough*Brawlistator*coughcough*. Not to mention QueJack and Vino/Mirage. So yeah, not a lot of reliability.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Even more pictures! This time we get a look at what might be Bumblebee's new form. If it is him, apparently he decided to go retro, it looks to be a 60's era Camaro.

Edit: Officially confirmed that it is a modified '67 Camaro SS and that it is Bumblebee's new form.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Some kind of military vehicle has shown up with the other Autobots. There is also an emergency vehicle in the group image, but it's hard to see with the rest of the Autobots in front of it. Looks like it could be some sort of ambulance, new form for Ratchet perhaps?