This TF4 TF Characters rumor seems too good to be true.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

This TF4 TF Characters rumor seems too good to be true.

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ns-177514/
Spoiler
Rumor Joblo has posted an article in which they claim that a "reliable source"(who attended a recent marketing event) has provided them with information on characters to appear in Transformers 4. They did label the information as a "rumor" so take it with a grain of salt. However they also claimed that their source has been reliable in the past....so...onwards to the list! Grimlock, Lockdown,Hound,Galvatron. Swoop(implied since apparently Bumblebee will ride on a Pteranadon while Optimus Prime will ride Grimlock) Former "Samurai" Decepticon who wants to regain his honor and become an Autobot(Drift? Bludgeon?) Since the end of Dark Of The Moon, fans have speculated that Megatron would return as Galvatron in Transformers 4, after all...he IS the almighty Megatron...reformatted. Lockdown might not be too surprising(if this rumor turns out to be true), due to Hasbro pulling cues from Transformers Animated(and Lockdown rose to popularity in that show).
Spoiler
That's right, folks, our source has confirmed that TRANSFORMERS 4 will feature none other than the famed Dinobots, including fan favorite Grimlock. No word on whether he'll retain his neanderthal voice, but one can only hope he does as that's a true staple of the character. One of the villains of the film will be a character named Lockdown, who has a ship full of decommissioned Transformers, including the dinobots, which are somehow brought back to life by a captured Optimus Prime. Prime is joined by returning autobot Bumblebee and at one point both characters (and potentially others) will "ride" the Dinobots into battle in Hong Kong (which fits well within the announcement that the film would film partially in China), with Prime on Grimlock and Bumblebee on a Pterandon, presumably Swoop.

Additionally, the autobot Hound will make his debut, as well as a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to regain his honor and become an Autobot (UPDATE: Source confirms this is Drift). And what about Megatron, who is presumed dead after the last film? Well, fans of TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE will be happy to know that not only will the dinobots be making their debut, but also Galvatron, who is basically Megatron "reborn" (and originally voiced by the first Spock, Leonard Nimoy).

If it checks out, then I think having both the Dinobots and Galvatron in TRANSFORMERS 4 will likely sway a lot of folks back into the fold. There are already plenty of naysayers who will no doubt guzzle the Baytorade and that's fine. It's kind of expected. However, for those who want to see these classic characters grace the big screen this could end up being a righteous development.
PERSONALLY I THINK THIS SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE,FAR TOO MUCH FAN SERVICE HERE.....

I'm trying to speculate how movie-verse versions of the G-1 dinobots would look like. I'd speculate similar in designs to the Bandai 1990's Dinozone/Dinozaurs toys. I'M IN THE MINORITY BUT I'D LIKE ALL 5 MOVIE-VERSE DINOBOTS TO COMBINE TO FORM A GESTALT COMBINER.

Trying to speculate what a movie-verse Galvatron would look like in CGI/Toy form is even harder than the G-1 Dinobots. NORMALLY I'd envision something that looked like ROTF Leader sized Megatron---->BUT since that's been done,I'D envision something that looks futeristic,A ripp off of various Gundam robots designs parts,sleek spikey futeristic laser canon or jet or tank mode. probably a head sculpt that pays zero homage to 1986 galvatron's animation/toy form--->Probaly just three horns on the top helmet with a ugly non-G-1 head sculpt like movie verse megatron got. Thankfully DOTM Shockwave took the awful slapped together patch work tank mode so at least TF4 Galvatron won't get something similar.

I KNOW I'M A FOOL TO DREAM OR BE OPTIMISTIC,especially after Hasbro doing so many awful/non G-1 homage movie-verse TF toys. BUT I'M GOING TO REMAIN POSITIVE/OPTIMISTIC THAT TF4 GALVATRON'S TOY IN BOTH MODES WILL BE PURE AWSOME,IT'LL LOOK LIKE A MP TF 1986 GALVATRON HOMAGE TOY IN BOTH MODES WITH A LASER CANON FUTERISTIC ALT MODE,BEAUTIFUL G-1 HOMAGE FACE SCULPT. No bent,no distorted limbs/body parts. decent proportions,decent 1986 galvatron homage colors. super poseable,iconic G-1 accessories/weapons,etc...

Having Lockdown in TF4 does nothing for me,As lockdown already had a deluxe toy in the movie-verse ROTF-HFTD toy line that was beyond decent. I can't see them doing a better deluxe toy for lockdown in TF4. UNLESS HASBRO DOES A $29.99 HA Lockdown toy.

TF4 Hound,does nothing for me either,due to Hound getting beyond decent homage newer toys in various previous TF toy lines like Alternators & Classics. With the more uglier,distorted,mis-proportioned sculpts the movie-verse toys tend to be,I just don't see the movie-verse creating a better toy than alternators nor classics,UN-LIKE MOST ON-LINE TF FANS I DON'T NEED DOZENS OF UPDATES OF G-1 CHARACTER TOYS SPREAD ACROSS VARIOUS TF TOY LINES. I JUST DESIRE ONE DECENT NEW MOLD VERSION & THAT'S IT.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: This TF4 TF Characters rumor seems too good to be true.

Post by Onslaught Six »

Riding the DInobots into battle? Welp, that just shows how much Bay, or the writers, fundamentally do not understand who Grimlock is.

If Optimus Prime tried to ride Grimlock, Grimlock would EAT HIM.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Well clearly whoever heard these rumors is parsing things too much. Dinosaurs being ridden into battle, and an honorable samurai Decepticon? Obviously GoRyu and the Dinoforce will be showing up in this movie!

Seriously though, given Bay's propensity for misinformation in the leadup to the movies, and how often rumors like this turn out to be true anyway, I'm inclined to not believe a word of this crap until we've got some hard proof/confirmation.

That said, I fully trust Bay to completely miss the point of the Dinobots if he does put them in there. I guaran-fucking-tee you they'd just be robot dinosaurs that don't even transform.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:Riding the DInobots into battle? Welp, that just shows how much Bay, or the writers, fundamentally do not understand who Grimlock is.

If Optimus Prime tried to ride Grimlock, Grimlock would EAT HIM.
Optimus is suspose to be the tallest autobot on earth in the CGI Movie-verse. to have him ride Grimlock in TF4,would make Grimlock super huge & out of scale with most previous Optimus & grimlock size dimensions.

CGI movie optimus is estimated to be around 25 feet to 40 feet tall. 25 to 40 feet tall is what most Paleontologists estimate T-rex Dinosaurs were. If Optimus is riding Grimlock in T-rex mode in TF4,This means Grimlock is a OVER-SIZED T-REX & DOUBLE/TRIPPLE THE SIZE OF THE NORMAL/STANDARD T-REX.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:Well clearly whoever heard these rumors is parsing things too much. Dinosaurs being ridden into battle, and an honorable samurai Decepticon? Obviously GoRyu and the Dinoforce will be showing up in this movie!

Seriously though, given Bay's propensity for misinformation in the leadup to the movies, and how often rumors like this turn out to be true anyway, I'm inclined to not believe a word of this crap until we've got some hard proof/confirmation.

That said, I fully trust Bay to completely miss the point of the Dinobots if he does put them in there. I guaran-fucking-tee you they'd just be robot dinosaurs that don't even transform.
Rumors makes no sense,Given micheal bays statement that he hates the Dinobots & they'd never be in his TF movies. I suspose it's possible micheal changed his mind,got desperate & ran out of decent TF characters to use in his TF movies-----> Sadly the chances of bay changing his tune is highly un-likely given the mental state,extreme ego & stubbornness of the man.

The chances of the TF4 dinobots being decent CGI/toys designs are slim to none. given previous examples of animal-bots who were in the movie-verse. Movie-verse Ravage looked like garbage & goes down easily as the worst Ravage TF toy in history. Movie-Verse Scorponok's toy looked so bad in deluxe & legends size that various mcdonads TF toys looked better. That movie-verse insecticon toy is a ugly/not worth getting toy.

I suspose it's plausible that the Dinobots will be core characters in TF4,That more work will go into the CGI/Toy designs to make them look better than previous animals transformers who were in the movie-verse.

When I visualize what the TF4 Movie-verse Dinobots designs COULD LOOK LIKE in CGI/Toy forms,I envision the 1990's Bandia Dinozone/Dinozaurs designs or the 1980's Zoids dinosaurs toy designs.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote: I guaran-fucking-tee you they'd just be robot dinosaurs that don't even transform.
Ravage,Scorponok,laserbeak & the Insecticon didn't transform into Robot modes in the CGI TF movies because they were drones or a level above a drone. Also they were not core cast characters that had any dialogue speaking words.

The Dinobots while being portrayed as stupid,dumb & clowns in the G-1 cartoon,were never considered drones nor AI nor Automations.

I suspect if the Dinobots are in TF4,their CGI designs will be more complex due to them being core cast members in TF4's movie. I suspect the Dinobots in TF4 will have speaking dialogue as they'd be core characters. I suspect the Dinobots in TF4 will have robot modes in the movie due to them being core cast characters in the film.

If I had my way,I'd have all Five TF4 Dinobots combine to form a gestalt combiner in the TF4 Movie/toy line. As I love combiners & I always dreamed of the G-1 Dinobots forming a gestalt Decades ago.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Ravage,Scorponok,laserbeak & the Insecticon didn't transform into Robot modes in the CGI TF movies because they were drones or a level above a drone. Also they were not core cast characters that had any dialogue speaking words.
Laserbeak actually had quite a bit of dialogue in Dark of the Moon. And just because they don't have humanoid robot modes doesn't mean they are drones either.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Tigermegatron wrote:
BWprowl wrote: I guaran-fucking-tee you they'd just be robot dinosaurs that don't even transform.
Ravage,Scorponok,laserbeak & the Insecticon didn't transform into Robot modes in the CGI TF movies because they were drones or a level above a drone. Also they were not core cast characters that had any dialogue speaking words.
Ravage was ejected from Soundwave in space and transformed from that "meteor" mode to Ravage. Lazerbeak had so many transformations and alt modes that he makes up for all of the other robots that didn't transform all by himself. He was a copy machine, computer, wall mounted cd player, small pink robot mode Bumblebee... And I'm probably forgetting at least one other mode. Scorponok however was actually not seen to have an alt mode (aside from launching from Blackout's back).
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Ravage was ejected from Soundwave in space and transformed from that "meteor" mode to Ravage. Lazerbeak had so many transformations and alt modes that he makes up for all of the other robots that didn't transform all by himself. He was a copy machine, computer, wall mounted cd player, small pink robot mode Bumblebee... And I'm probably forgetting at least one other mode. Scorponok however was actually not seen to have an alt mode (aside from launching from Blackout's back).
Laserbeak turning into a tiny pink Bumblebee continues to be the strangest thing about a movie that had a lot of strange stuff in it already. Granted, I thought Movie Laserbeak was awesome, but still.

And Scorponox apparently turns into *part* of Blackout's helicopter mode. This is most visible on the toy, where parts of him have labeling that components of the copter would have, like tanks and heat warnings and such. It's kinda interesting.

And anyway, my thing about DinoBayBots not having robot modes was less based on any precedent set by previous Movie characters and more just because it seems like...the sort of thing Bay would do. And probably having the Dinobots who weren't Grimlock have really weird, un-Trasnformer-ish names in the film itself, like 'Spike' and 'Baxter' when they'd just be Snarl and Swoop in the toyline.

Seriously, who keeps letting Bay name the TFs in the movies? He obviously sucks at it.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Ravage was ejected from Soundwave in space and transformed from that "meteor" mode to Ravage. Lazerbeak had so many transformations and alt modes that he makes up for all of the other robots that didn't transform all by himself. He was a copy machine, computer, wall mounted cd player, small pink robot mode Bumblebee... And I'm probably forgetting at least one other mode. Scorponok however was actually not seen to have an alt mode (aside from launching from Blackout's back).
Laserbeak turning into a tiny pink Bumblebee continues to be the strangest thing about a movie that had a lot of strange stuff in it already. Granted, I thought Movie Laserbeak was awesome, but still.

And Scorponox apparently turns into *part* of Blackout's helicopter mode. This is most visible on the toy, where parts of him have labeling that components of the copter would have, like tanks and heat warnings and such. It's kinda interesting.

And anyway, my thing about DinoBayBots not having robot modes was less based on any precedent set by previous Movie characters and more just because it seems like...the sort of thing Bay would do. And probably having the Dinobots who weren't Grimlock have really weird, un-Trasnformer-ish names in the film itself, like 'Spike' and 'Baxter' when they'd just be Snarl and Swoop in the toyline.

Seriously, who keeps letting Bay name the TFs in the movies? He obviously sucks at it.
So Scorponok is kinda like a reverse duocon. Interesting. Didn't catch that before.

Sometimes it's not his fault. Look what happened with Mirage.

Changing Wheeljack to "Que" though sucked.