Transformers 4 Casting information

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers 4 Casting information

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:John Voight did not receive a core staring chracter role in any of the previous Three live action TF movies. No plot nor stories revolved around john voigh's character in any of the TF movies. John voight had limited dialogue & limited screen time in each live action TF movie. BEING NAMED THE GUY IN CHARGE OF THE MILITARY OPERATIONS IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING A CORE STARRING CHARACTER.
I never said that he (or anyone else for that matter) was a "core staring character". My point was that he's an example of a big name actor who wasn't merely a background character, a cameo or and had an extremely tiny part, as is what you had said in your post. There's a big difference between such a tiny role and a supporting role. Those types of tiny roles are like what Bernie Mac, Rainn Wilson and John Malkovich had in the films. Supporting roles on the other hand can actually be pretty big.

That said, Jon Voight's character being a supporting character was a big role in the first film's plot. It certainly was not limited in dialogue or screen time. As the Secretary of Defense, he was the guy in charge of the investigation behind the attack in Qatar at the start of the film, and was shown to be the guy giving the press conferences about it. He was the guy Maggie tried to convince aliens hacked their network, and later got her and Glen out of jail. He was one of the characters brought in when Sector Seven revealed what they knew about the situation when the Decepticons started to make their move and he even helped Simmons fight Frenzy when they were trying to get a message to the air force to help the group that took the Allspark with them. That's a pretty major role to be shown throughout the whole movie like that.
Shia la barf,Megan fox,anthony anderson,kevin dunn,julie white,Ramon Rodriguez,Rosie Huntington-Whiteley WERE ALL THE CORE STARRING ACTORS/ACTRESSES IN THE THREE INDIVIDUAL LIVE ACTION TF MOVIES. everyone else were treated as secondary core characters,cameos characters,back ground characters,small parts characters,etc...
Out of that list, only Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley certainly, but the rest would be supporting characters. Anthony Anderson's role was barely even that.
John Turturro was not a core starring character in any of the TF live action movies. his role was comedy relief & a secondary core character status. Examples since you probably won't understand without them. Ultra mangus & the elite guard from the 2008 TF animated cartoon series. Wreckgar from the 1986 movie/season 3. quintessons from the 1986 movie/season 3.
Ramon Rodriguez, Kevin Dunn and Julie White's characters were primarily there for comedy relief, yet you consider them to be a core characters over John Turturro? You're grossly undervaluing the role John Turturro played in all 3 films. He may have been used a lot for comedy relief but he was also the 'go to' guy when it came to any information about Transformers activity on Earth, because of his role as a Sector Seven agent. Sam turned to him for help and answers in both of the sequels and had a pretty important role in advancing the plot in all 3 films. He's more like Agent Fowler is from the Prime cartoon.
Josh Dumahel was not a core character of any of the live action movies. he was a part of secondary core character cast.
He was billed as the 3rd actor (below Shia and Megan or Rosie) for all 3 films, and he was one of the characters the story focused on in the first film. His role somewhat diminished in the sequels, but he was a principal character for all 3 films.
Josh Duhamel was being nice & Exaggerating when he said the three transformers live action movies were the prime reasons his career took off. Josh would have still done fine without the TF movies. as josh does a ton of romantic comedy movies that did beyond well in reviews & sales. UN-LIKE SHIA WHO BASHES EVERY MOVIE HE'S IN & BLAMES THE MOVIES AS A EXCUSE TO DISGUISE HIS BAD ACTING SKILLS. JOSH IS A NICE GUY & OVER PRAISES EVERYTHING,EVEN TO THE EXTEND OF DOING OVER Exaggerating LIES.

Josh Duhamel's had what the movie industry calls a "SAFE ROLE" in each TF live action movie. Since he wasn't the star nor part of the core cast,If the TF movies did bad or good in reviews-----THIS HAD NO EFFECT On JOSH DUHAMEL'S MOVIE CAREER RESUME as he was a secondary core cast member.
Look at the number of roles he had before Transformers. Then look at the number of roles after. Transformers was his big break. That's not an exaggeration or him just being nice. And there is no such thing as a "safe role" like you're suggesting. It doesn't matter if he was the star of the film or not, as long as someone sees and likes the work he's done, that leads to more and sometimes bigger roles. Which is exactly what happened to his career.
Again another example for sparky since he still won't get the message:
Oh look, another pointless insult towards me. Notice how you're the only one doing that?
1- in the three live action TF movies,Anyone on Team shia which consisted of family members & civilian friends were part of the Core cast.
No. Just because someone is associated with a main character does not automatically make them a core character as well. His family and friends are mainly secondary characters.
2- Team josh duhamel & his army buddies in each live action TF movie were a part of the secondary core cast.
Again, no. The first film had 3 interconnected storylines with each following certain characters. Sam as the boy getting his first car, Captain Lennox as the military team leader who is attacked by and learns to fight against Decepticons, and Defense Secretary Keller and Maggie Madsen who act as the government's way of figuring out and dealing with the situation. As the story comes together, Lennox and Sam become the two to deal with the primary Decepticon threat, as the rest provide support to them. As I mentioned above, Duhamel's role diminished somewhat in the sequels, but he is still a part of the primary cast.
3- John turturro in each live action TF movie was what the sporting industry calls a free agent. He wasn't a part of any core cast in any of the TF movies. His free agent role was COMEDY RELIEF. He was their to act like a fool,nut cast & over the top moron,to make the other actors look a bit more normal,brave & smarter. he was also their to make the movie viewers three painful watching hours less painful by making them laugh.
A free agent is a player who isn't under contract with a specific team which makes them eligible to sign with another team if they want. I don't see how that analogy is supposed to work just because he does a lot of comedy relief in the films. As I pointed out above, he wasn't all comedy relief, and that's not a reason why he can't be one of the main characters in the films.
I'm convinced you enjoy getting into countless replies debates wars with others. I refuse to play these battle of the sci fi mind games with you. I've seen your kind before elsewhere. I guess i'll just go back to ignoring you. Everything I said was summed up in that one reply to you,If you feel the need to create countless pages of replies overly repeating yourself then keep referencing this one singular reply of mine. Because your lucky you got that one.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:I'm convinced you enjoy getting into countless replies debates wars with others. I refuse to play these battle of the sci fi mind games with you. I've seen your kind before elsewhere. I guess i'll just go back to ignoring you. Everything I said was summed up in that one reply to you,If you feel the need to create countless pages of replies overly repeating yourself then keep referencing this one singular reply of mine. Because your lucky you got that one.
Like I was trying to make this a debate war? I could honestly have cared less if you'd replied to that. What I was doing was pointing out not all of the more well known actors in the Transformers movies have been regulated to minor roles as you'd said, and then you made it into a thing while insulting me, twice no less, while you were at it. You're constantly doing that, making some untrue claim, and then blaming someone else for turning it into an argument or otherwise just insult them when they call you out on it. Believe what you want but that isn't going to make it true.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Tigermegatron wrote:I'm convinced you enjoy getting into countless replies debates wars with others. I refuse to play these battle of the sci fi mind games with you. I've seen your kind before elsewhere. I guess i'll just go back to ignoring you. Everything I said was summed up in that one reply to you,If you feel the need to create countless pages of replies overly repeating yourself then keep referencing this one singular reply of mine. Because your lucky you got that one.
We have disagreements here as often as we agree. No one's attacking you, they're engaging the points you make. The whole point of this board is to discuss what we think, not to post a statement and then expect not to be challenged when someone disagrees. If you don't enjoy discussion, why post?

You contribute a lot to the discussion here, and that's a good thing. Don't take things so personally. :)
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:
We have disagreements here as often as we agree. No one's attacking you, they're engaging the points you make. The whole point of this board is to discuss what we think, not to post a statement and then expect not to be challenged when someone disagrees. If you don't enjoy discussion, why post?

You contribute a lot to the discussion here, and that's a good thing. Don't take things so personally. :)
Anderson,I've seen his kind of debatting style elsewhere on other TF forums & i'm not fond of it.

We are here to discuss the topics. Sparky likes to use the topics as a excuse to show off his IQ & sci fi data skills. Once you make replies a battle of the wits & IQ's,it takes things off topic,as were no longer caring about the subject thread discussion material but now caring about who's the smarter IQ/sci fi data smartie.

Another thing I dis-like about sparky's debatting is that he likes to flame bait his replier in countless fruitless replies debates wars. that are generally frowned upon in the forums. as this sort of thing can last for pages upon pages of the same two guys overly repeating the same points over & over.

I'll just go back to ignoring sparky & not replying to him like i've been doing for weeks now.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Disagreeing with you is not "Flame baiting". It's discussion. As Anderson said, we do tend to get into debates here, but it never degenerates into flaming. Heck, check the All Hail Megatron thread sometime, there are pages upon pages of debate with me and Sparky and not once did we flame each other.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:We are here to discuss the topics. Sparky likes to use the topics as a excuse to show off his IQ & sci fi data skills. Once you make replies a battle of the wits & IQ's,it takes things off topic,as were no longer caring about the subject thread discussion material but now caring about who's the smarter IQ/sci fi data smartie.
What are "sci-fi data skills"? You don't know me in the least if this is what you think of me. I don't try to show off my IQ or whatever sci-fi data is. I was simply discussing the topic until you were the one who actually derailed it. Not that that's ever really been a problem here. Often times while discussing something, it can get a little off topic with something that comes up during the course of that discussion, and eventually get back to the original topic. That's a natural part of having a discussion. And it happens frequently here between all of us, not just me.
Another thing I dis-like about sparky's debatting is that he likes to flame bait his replier in countless fruitless replies debates wars. that are generally frowned upon in the forums. as this sort of thing can last for pages upon pages of the same two guys overly repeating the same points over & over.
As Skockwave said, disagreeing with you is not flame baiting, and I have never flame baited you. You have been flame baiting me quite a bit though, of which there are a couple examples of in this very topic, one of which I even pointed out earlier because I'm tired of you falsely accusing me of this.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Shockwave wrote:Disagreeing with you is not "Flame baiting". It's discussion. As Anderson said, we do tend to get into debates here, but it never degenerates into flaming. Heck, check the All Hail Megatron thread sometime, there are pages upon pages of debate with me and Sparky and not once did we flame each other.
I don't think there's a thread on here where we all unanimously agree, on anything, and that trait has been in our circle for longer than this place has been around--I'd venture that's probably part of why the place is named what it is.

Also, we hold an incredibly high standard of debate around here. I have had people who look at the forum and go, "No way, it looks like it'd take up a lot of time." And I guess to an outsider, it does, but to me, it's maybe a half hour out of my day, spread across a few quick visits. Those 11 pages don't seem like a whole lot when it was two weeks ago and you were there for page 1.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

And that's kinda my point. Can you imagine what this place would be like if every disagreement resulted in an accusation of "flame baiting"? This site wouldn't even have started and surely wouldn't still be a round in it's current form. I like this group because we can disagree and still be respectful towards each other. And the types of in depth discussions we're able to have here that other sites can't is what sets this place apart.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Kelsey Grammer is going to be the human villain in Transformers 4 according to various Entertainment news sources.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sparky Prime wrote:Kelsey Grammer is going to be the human villain in Transformers 4 according to various Entertainment news sources.
MOVIE OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS!!!