Transformers 4 to have all new characters?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers 4 to have all new characters?

Post by Tigermegatron »

The only TF character that I can think of that matches the green color & design of the Corvette being used in TF4 is HFTD Lockdown. In Animated Lockdown was a bounty hunter/trades man that played both sides for cash/energon/trades. So TF4 Lockdown in TF4 could be considered a nuetral player that helps/plays/trades with both TF faction sides
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:In 1984 Takara/Hasbro released that VW Bumblebee toy

Rumors abound that Takara is already in talks with VW for the liscense rights to release a MP Jazz & A MP Bumblebee TF toys.

The 1984 toys were not licensed by the respective car manufactures. That's not something they'd be able to get away with here for legal reasons.

Takara and Hasbro have actually been in talks with Porche and Volkswagen for licence rights going back to 2003 for the Binaltech/Alternators line. They wanted to make Jazz and Bumblebee (and Cliffjumper) using a Porche986 and VW 2003 New Beetle respectively, but both companies refused. They have remained adamant that they don't want their products associated with war machines.
It would be completly new for the live action TF movie verse as they've never used that 1984 liscensed truck cab mode/design.
Point being it wouldn't be a "completely new re-vamped" design. It'd be an old re-vamped design for the franchise.
The only TF character that I can think of that matches the green color & design of the Corvette being used in TF4 is HFTD Lockdown. In Animated Lockdown was a bounty hunter/trades man that played both sides for cash/energon/trades. So TF4 Lockdown in TF4 could be considered a nuetral player that helps/plays/trades with both TF faction sides
The movie characters, for the most part, really don't follow any pre-established colors of a character though. Ratchet having a primarily green paint job for example.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I suspect the 1967 Camaro liscensed car for TF4 Bumblebee is temporary & only for a quickie disguise. Due to these GM,Ford & other car companies wanting to advertise their newest Car models in the TF4 film. Their is no doubt that TF4 Bumblebee will get a more permanent newer liscensed car mode for the TF4 movie. I suspect TF4 might have some time traveling in it,which would explain why bumblebee needs that 1967 Camaro car mode.

I'd like to see a few TF4 5-in-1 combiner toys,Maybe make the 5 rumored TF4 Dinobots combine to form a gestalt. Maybe have 5 TF4 Movie-verse 1986 styled Predacons that form Predaking. Other decent combiners teams for TF4 would be the stunticons that form Menasor,protectobots that form Defensor.

If TF4 will have Galvatron,then I always want his 1986 teamates of G-1 Cyclonus & G-1 Scourge.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

So with Toy Fair UK going on, some names of the Transformers characters are starting to be confirmed (assuming they stick to those names for the film given the previous films didn't always). Here's what we've got so far...

Optimus Prime (Western Star semi)
Bumblebee (2014 Chevy Camaro)
Grimlock (T-Rex)
Drift (Bugatti Veyron)
Lockdown (Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4)
Crosshairs (C7 Corvette Stingray)

and some others that have been mentioned elsewhere...

Hound (Oshkosh Defense Medium Tactical Vehicle)
Stinger (Pagani Huayra)
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:So with Toy Fair UK going on, some names of the Transformers characters are starting to be confirmed (assuming they stick to those names for the film given the previous films didn't always). Here's what we've got so far...

Optimus Prime (Western Star semi)
Bumblebee (2014 Chevy Camaro)
Grimlock (T-Rex)
Drift (Bugatti Veyron)
Lockdown (Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4)
Crosshairs (C7 Corvette Stingray)

and some others that have been mentioned elsewhere...

Hound (Oshkosh Defense Medium Tactical Vehicle)
Stinger (Pagani Huayra)
Comfirmed by who? the guy who claimed to get into the Hasbro UK show rooms but didn't give any info or pics regarding anything Hastak that we didn't know of or knew for months already. the guy may have got into & saw the non-hasbro uk rooms,but i doubt he got into the higher clerance hasbro uk show rooms.

The info was already CONFIRMED months ago by MORE RELIABLE sources like from the target & walmart computers ordering sheets.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Comfirmed by who? the guy who claimed to get into the Hasbro UK show rooms but didn't give any info or pics regarding anything Hastak that we didn't know of or knew for months already. the guy may have got into & saw the non-hasbro uk rooms,but i doubt he got into the higher clerance hasbro uk show rooms.

The info was already CONFIRMED months ago by MORE RELIABLE sources like from the target & walmart computers ordering sheets.
The ordering sheets that we saw used code names if you recall, such as Duke, Paulie, Thunderlips, Ivan and so on. And this is why I told you images of the other merchandise was important. Did you see the "Optimus Prime Challenge Track Set"? And yes, even though YOU doubt that guy who said as much as he could under a non-disclosure agreement, he did confirm the name Crosshairs for us which had only been seen on a call sheet previously, which ALSO have had the tendency to use code or temporary names.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:Comfirmed by who? the guy who claimed to get into the Hasbro UK show rooms but didn't give any info or pics regarding anything Hastak that we didn't know of or knew for months already. the guy may have got into & saw the non-hasbro uk rooms,but i doubt he got into the higher clerance hasbro uk show rooms.

The ordering sheets that we saw used code names if you recall, such as Duke, Paulie, Thunderlips, Ivan and so on. And this is why I told you images of the other merchandise was important. Did you see the "Optimus Prime Challenge Track Set"? And yes, even though YOU doubt that guy who said as much as he could under a non-disclosure agreement, he did confirm the name Crosshairs for us which had only been seen on a call sheet previously, which ALSO have had the tendency to use code or temporary names.
No,I wasn't referring to the leaked list that some fans got from the HTS site. I was referring to the more recent Target & Walmart computer orders sheets listings for TF4 toys. The target & walmart ordering sheets did have the correct names listed.

Crosshairs isn't a new reveal,online fans knew about him being in TF4 months ago.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:No,I wasn't referring to the leaked list that some fans got from the HTS site. I was referring to the more recent Target & Walmart computer orders sheets listings for TF4 toys. The target & walmart ordering sheets did have the correct names listed.
TFW2005's Listings updated article.... "2) As several people have pointed out, several of characters are using code names: Thunderlips, Ivan, Paulie, Rocky, Adrian, and Max are all names or nicknames of characters from the Rocky film franchise and this newsie HIGHLY DOUBTS that these are the final names."

It's not the full listing of real names. The listing from Target just confirms this one.
Crosshairs isn't a new reveal,online fans knew about him being in TF4 months ago.
For the love of... I know that already. But the name came from a CALL SHEET which have been known to use temporary or code names. The guy was giving us confirmation that's the name the toy will be using, not revealing it.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:No,I wasn't referring to the leaked list that some fans got from the HTS site. I was referring to the more recent Target & Walmart computer orders sheets listings for TF4 toys. The target & walmart ordering sheets did have the correct names listed.
TFW2005's Listings updated article.... "2) As several people have pointed out, several of characters are using code names: Thunderlips, Ivan, Paulie, Rocky, Adrian, and Max are all names or nicknames of characters from the Rocky film franchise and this newsie HIGHLY DOUBTS that these are the final names."

It's not the full listing of real names. The listing from Target just confirms this one.
For the love of... I know that already. But the name came from a CALL SHEET which have been known to use temporary or code names. The guy was giving us confirmation that's the name the toy will be using, not revealing it.
Target & Walmart computer ordering sheets info did provide the corect names,which were different from the leaked hasbro list.

Most got the confirmation of correct names from Target & Walmart. Most did not need a further confirmation from a guy who claimed to get into the Hasbro UK TF4 show rooms.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Target & Walmart computer ordering sheets info did provide the corect names,which were different from the leaked hasbro list.
Do you have a link to actually support that claim? Because this is pretty much all TFW2005 had to say about the Target listing:

"we can conclude that the previously leaked Hasbro listing is accurate (not that we had any doubt)"

It doesn't provide any names that the Hasbro listing didn't. And I'm not seeing any other toy listings reported at all. Those two links I've posted are it.
Most got the confirmation of correct names from Target & Walmart. Most did not need a further confirmation from a guy who claimed to get into the Hasbro UK TF4 show rooms.
Which is why TFW2005 had an article on their front news page about the information he'd provided, including pointing out that we "now" have confirmation of the name Crosshairs? Why would they report it that way if there had already been confirmation of it before? The toy listing had him listed under a code name, that wasn't confirmation.