Transformers 4 to have all new characters?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers 4 to have all new characters?

Post by Tigermegatron »

Gomess wrote:But wouldn't genuinely new characters be more interesting?
No,not when their is literally thousands of TF characters to choose from 1984 thru 2012. Why create new ones,when we could get to see our fan favorites enter the movie verse.

It just seems like certain old school G-1 characters would be perfect for the movie verse theme/aesthetics. which is real world liscense cars for the Autobots & Realistic military vehicles designs for the Decepticons. like as follows: 1- masterforce overlord since he does have 2 realistic earth designed military vehicles. 2- any of the 1984 to 1985 autobots cars/bots. 3- Galvatron,since megatron in the 2007 & ROTF movie had alt modes based off Cybertrons vehicles.
Gomess wrote: Knowing the movie aesthetic, they'd barely resemble the originals anyway.
At this point i'd settle for a slight homages,instead of nothing, even though those movie-verse TF character designs barely looked like the original they did try to do slight homages or nail down certain elements that the 1980's characters had like as follows:
1- Optimus was still a truck cab that transformed into one of the bigger autobots on his team
2- starscream did still transform in a jet
3- jazz,sideswipe & mirage still transformed into fast cars.
4- Ravage was still a 4 legged cat/beast.
5- bumblebee was still yellow,transformed into a car.
6- Ratchet was still a rescue vehicle that transformed into a robot.

If all hasbro can deliver is a slight homage,Then I'd take this instead of a newer spark character persona design. EXAMPLE: At this point as long as a realistic military jet & tank merge to form a leader or ultimate sized robot mode called Overlord,I'd gladly take this.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Tigermegatron wrote:Why create new ones,when we could get to see our fan favorites enter the movie verse.
I guess this is just a concept that doesn't appeal to me, but I think I can understand what you're getting at. Nostalgia and that.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Edit: Oops, posted this in the wrong thread.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Figure this thread works for this...

Two new cars have been spotted on the set of Transformers 4 on the Arizona/Utah border. The 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, and a racing 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray concept. Michael Bay's official website even confirms the vehicles for Transformers 4. Apparently both will be Autobots, but it's not yet known what characters they might be.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Hopefully the Corvette means they'll be a Tracks autobot character in the TF4 movie.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Thread Update: Their is a pic of TF4 Optimus Prime's new alt mode. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-177574/

Personally I think it looks too similar to the previous live TF movies optimus primes alt modes. If this is Hasbro's & micheal bay ideal of "COMPLETLY REVAMPED" movie-verse designs--->THEN THEY FAILED miserably.

What's next TF4 Bumblee's new design that is still a yellow camero with a black racing stripe but the "completly new" thing is the added cow horns on the bumper.

Completly new re-vamped TF Movie verse designs is as follows: 1- Give TF4 Optimus his 1984 truck cab design or a G.I Joe hiss tank design. 2- Give TF4 Bumblebee a newer 2014 VW car design that his 1984 mode was based off.

Sadly if this is the route Hasbro & Micheal bay are headed as far as giving the TF4 Transformers similar alt mode designs with minor tweaks the casual person doesn't recognize----->Then I easily predict TF4 toy line failure in stores. As the whole point of the TF4 designs was to make them so completly different in alt modes & robot modes that buyers would think their newer toys instead of thinking their repackaged previous movie-verse TF toys. DOTM's toy line failed in stores due to the alt modes & robot modes looking like the same previous movie-verse toys repackaged to the casual parents/kids.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Tigermegatron wrote:Thread Update: Their is a pic of TF4 Optimus Prime's new alt mode. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-177574/

Personally I think it looks too similar to the previous live TF movies optimus primes alt modes. If this is Hasbro's & micheal bay ideal of "COMPLETLY REVAMPED" movie-verse designs--->THEN THEY FAILED miserably.

What's next TF4 Bumblee's new design that is still a yellow camero with a black racing stripe but the "completly new" thing is the added cow horns on the bumper.

Completly new re-vamped TF Movie verse designs is as follows: 1- Give TF4 Optimus his 1984 truck cab design or a G.I Joe hiss tank design. 2- Give TF4 Bumblebee a newer 2014 VW car design that his 1984 mode was based off.

Sadly if this is the route Hasbro & Micheal bay are headed as far as giving the TF4 Transformers similar alt mode designs with minor tweaks the casual person doesn't recognize----->Then I easily predict TF4 toy line failure in stores. As the whole point of the TF4 designs was to make them so completly different in alt modes & robot modes that buyers would think their newer toys instead of thinking their repackaged previous movie-verse TF toys. DOTM's toy line failed in stores due to the alt modes & robot modes looking like the same previous movie-verse toys repackaged to the casual parents/kids.
We've seen one new vehicle but the line is already a failure, woo! No we've seen three, but that doesn't matter! Doom and gloom!

Sorry, TM, had to rib you a bit there. :lol: Seriously, wait and see what else they come up with. There's so little to go on, calling failure already is jumping the gun, isn't it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

The news of the Bugatti being in there excites me so. That's a car I think is just awesome, and as with Cybertron Crosswise, I'm amused at an Autobot with such a rare/expensive altmode. The 'Vette is less interesting, given that we've had Sideswipe for two movies previously, but hey, maybe this new guy could be more interesting than Sideswipe! (He could potentially be Wreckloose, Sideswipe's green RPM repaint, but that...doesn't seem likely).

Prime's new altmode I actually rather like, just because the lines remind me of Hero Prime, and I like that design, so. I'm innerested in seeing what these all look like transformed, and if the rumors of a new direction for Movie designs pans out.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Completly new re-vamped TF Movie verse designs is as follows: 1- Give TF4 Optimus his 1984 truck cab design or a G.I Joe hiss tank design. 2- Give TF4 Bumblebee a newer 2014 VW car design that his 1984 mode was based off.
VW would never go for that. They have a thing against their products shown as war machines ever since WWII...
And I don't think Optimus being based on the 1984 truck cab he had in G1 would be considered "completely new".
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:Completly new re-vamped TF Movie verse designs is as follows: 1- Give TF4 Optimus his 1984 truck cab design or a G.I Joe hiss tank design. 2- Give TF4 Bumblebee a newer 2014 VW car design that his 1984 mode was based off.
VW would never go for that. They have a thing against their products shown as war machines ever since WWII..
In 1984 Takara/Hasbro released that VW Bumblebee toy

Rumors abound that Takara is already in talks with VW for the liscense rights to release a MP Jazz & A MP Bumblebee TF toys.
Sparky Prime wrote:[
And I don't think Optimus being based on the 1984 truck cab he had in G1 would be considered "completely new".
It would be completly new for the live action TF movie verse as they've never used that 1984 liscensed truck cab mode/design.