Why? the ugly robot heads & Ugly bodies?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Why? the ugly robot heads & Ugly bodies?

Post by Tigermegatron »

Ugly Robot heads & Ugly Bodies,I suspect is one of the main reasons TF toys are selling badly in stores.

DOTM didn't sell well in stores because the toys were super ugly,mangled & mis-proportioned. blaming bumblebee makes no sense
because he wasn't in the voyagers that sold badly. bumblebee wasn't in the HA Basics that sold badly. bumblebee didn't dominate the legends nor commanders case assortment waves.

Some TFP toys are really ugly & I suspect this is the reason their not selling that great. A short list of Ugly TFP toys is as follows: Bumblebee in all sizes,Voyager starscream. voyager megatron,

Speaking for myslef,I only buy TF toys that look beautiful in design. I don't buy anything that looks ugly,mangled misproportioned.

Honestly,It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. if something looks ugly & mangled. then people aren't going to buy it.

I think hasbro is seriously over doing it with the UGLY. Granted I can understand one or two ugly TF toys per toy line. but a whole entire TF toy line composed of UGLY is major over kill.

What really upsets me is how ugly TF Prime Megatron & TF Prime starscream look. the head sculpts & bodies are pure ugly. I'm a
decepticon fan & megatron & starscream are among my favorite TF character toys. the sheer fact megatron & starscream received
awful,ugly,crapp,mangled toys in the movie verse,animated TF prime,upsets me to no end.

I honestly hate it when their is a decent robot body that gets ruined by a super ugly robot head. examples: DOTM Roadbuster & TF Prime voyager Starscream.

Who exactly is Hasbro aiming these super ugly transformers toys at anyways. most parents/kids get too scarred of scarry ugly TF toys.
veteran collectors want G-1 styled toys,classics,generations styled TF toys.

Apparently Hasbro likes to make the homage G-1 characters appearing in media toy lines look super ugly. while the non-media TF homages for classics,generations & masterpiece look beautiful.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Why? the ugly robot heads & Ugly bodies?

Post by Shockwave »

This is the second time today I've seen someone trying to pass off their opinion as fact. Deathy, you may think all of these toys are ugly, but that is your OPINION and opinion is not FACT.

For the record, I happen to agree with you for the most part, but that's my opinion and does not make it fact.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Didn't the first and second movie lines sell pretty well for the most part? And they used the same design aesthetics that DotM did... So I don't really think it has anything to do with that personally.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote:Didn't the first and second movie lines sell pretty well for the most part? And they used the same design aesthetics that DotM did... So I don't really think it has anything to do with that personally.
True, I was really just agreeing with thinking that they were ugly, but yeah, I don't think that factored into the sales.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:
Sparky Prime wrote:Didn't the first and second movie lines sell pretty well for the most part? And they used the same design aesthetics that DotM did... So I don't really think it has anything to do with that personally.
True, I was really just agreeing with thinking that they were ugly, but yeah, I don't think that factored into the sales.
I disagree a ugly robot head could prevent buyers from buying the toy. thus factoring into the sales.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Given the popularity of the Transformers franchise, particularly with the success of the films, I doubt many people have been dissuaded from buying the toys because of its aesthetics. And actually, I recall seeing an article in the last couple years that Transformers had passed Power Rangers as the top selling franchise for boys thanks to the movies.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
I disagree a ugly robot head could prevent buyers from buying the toy. thus factoring into the sales.
I probably should have said significantly. You and I individually may have skipped most of the movie toys due to aesthetics, but as Sparky pointed out, there were enough other people that weren't bothered by it that the lack of our two sales doesn't mean a thing.