So, HA Leadfoot is on clearance

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
JediTricks
Site Admin

So, HA Leadfoot is on clearance

Post by JediTricks »

North Hollywood Target had HA Leadfoot on clearance for $15 and change, while West LA Target had him for $20 and change.

I bought him again at $15, despite returning the first one I bought for being A) pretty awful as a figure; and B) assembled improperly, shooting a hinge pin diagonally through a part.

So I figured I liked the vehicle and the transformation enough to give the figure another shot, and would try to find a less offensive robot mode. I came up with something halfway decent, but went looking for more ideas (all of which require de-transforming the torso, which I don't like), and while trying one of those wonky transformations, I came across... ANOTHER MIS-SHOT HINGE PIN! What the funk? This one is through the torso's base, it's not as extreme as the first figure's, but it's clearly off and the torso separates off the outermost part of the hinge. I already tossed the package this time because I didn't see the damage until late - it's right in the core of the figure - so I guess I'll live with it, but DAMN man, why can't they build this guy without problems?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: So, HA Leadfoot is on clearance

Post by Tigermegatron »

When the toy first came out,I bought it,hated it,then returned it.

Sadly I don't think the toy is worth the $15 clearance price.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Tigermegatron wrote:When the toy first came out,I bought it,hated it,then returned it.
Really?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I hope you're being sarcastic, Scourge.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

So, my local stores on the west side of town all have him on clearance but none of them as low as when I picked him up in North Hollywood, they're all between $20 and $17 instead of the $15 and change. IMO, the figure is absolutely worth $15, it's just the INSTRUCTIONS that aren't worth shit. I found an acceptable - not great, just acceptable - transformation that keeps it from feeling like a waste of time and money. I'll put up those pics.

Image Image Image Image

I know it's not movie-accurate, but getting the wheels out of the way just looks better, it makes the waist look better too without the bumper hanging down over it. Also, the doors moved back like that takes what was awkward kibble before and uses it to cover gaps while looking sleeker. And I used the torso tab BEHIND the upper body, sliding that body as far forward as it would comfortably go and then having the tab just behind it diagonally made the torso hold together and keep the upper body from sliding back.

The key for me was to fill in as much of the gaps as possible, shorten the arms (this made a HUGE difference), and get rid of as much pointless kibble (it's not like the intended design uses that door kibble in a movie-accurate manner anyway). I studied as many images as I could of alternate transformations and of the original movie art and even the concept art, and then worked with the figure with those thoughts in mind until I came up with something that was satisfying and still able to move. The wheels as belly were a debate for me, I really didn't like how the bumper-as-loincloth looked but using the bumper to cradle the wheels gave it a better function, it's just that the belly itself never looked that good to me in the first place. I also didn't realize the first time I had this figure before I returned it that the long arms with that gappy bicep bothered me more a lot, shortening the arms and rotating the bicep around so it shows the detail part makes a big difference in my satisfaction with this figure. It seems like Hasbro worked hard to make it a worse figure than it really is. :p

I took the photos above not to share, but to remember how I wanted to transform him later. After 2 passes though, I really don't need it, it feels far more natural than I expected.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Huh, that does look good.

About how tall is he? How's he look with the Deluxe Wreckers? Since the Deluxe Leadfoot is never coming out over here, I figure I might as well try and find this one...
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Huh, that does look good.

About how tall is he? How's he look with the Deluxe Wreckers? Since the Deluxe Leadfoot is never coming out over here, I figure I might as well try and find this one...
Leadfoot is notably shorter than HA Roadbuster, but taller than DOTM deluxes. I don't have deluxe Roadbuster or Topspin to compare him against, the only deluxes I have from that line are Starscream, Laserbeak, Sideswipe (on mega sale only), Air Raid, and Walmart Prime - which one would make the best size comparison to the other Wreckers for a photo?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Starscream will do fine, since I have Thundercracker.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Starscream will do fine, since I have Thundercracker.
Alright. I took some shots with Sideswipe as well, Starscream is a little big and Sideswipe is a little small. As a robot, they aren't as far off in sizes as I thought. These were just quickie shots but they should do the trick:
Image Image Image Image Image
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hmm. Might have to take the plunge. If I shuffle him to the back of the other Wreckers he might look good...