DOTM "Leader" toys for 2012 Megatron & Shockwave are FALSE..

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: DOTM "Leader" toys for 2012 Megatron & Shockwave are FAL

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:Similarly, Predacon, a recolour of Megatron, was sold at the same price as Red Alert. (The cost savings of it being a recolour justified the two recoloured Minicons.)
But they aren't the same size. Megatron's an Old Mega, with Red Alert being one of the first in the rejiggered size class that would become Voyager. Put the two next to each other, they're clearly Differently Sized Toys, Red Alert has electronics, for crying out loud. That's why Predacon came with two Mini-Cons: to attempt to make up for selling a smaller toy at the $20 price point.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Ya know, I pull the batteries out of toys so quickly that I forgot about the electronics in Red Alert.

Good point though.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

To further the point, the Old Ultras were being sold side-by-side with Armada toys in the Universe line. Toys like Universe Primal and Razorclaw were $20--the same price they ever were, and the same price as Voyagers. Old Megas, any time they were resold in that line or any others, needed a boost to make sure they "justified" the price point. For example, they sold the old Mega Tankorr in Universe, but he was packaged with an Obsidian repaint--a $15 and $5 toy made up a $20 purchase. Fact is, the "Maxcon"/Voyager price point has always been larger. I think the sheer fact that "Voyager" was adopted rather than "Mega" says something. (Then again, "Scouts" and "Basics" are basically synonymous. But an argument could be made for some of the BW Scouts being smaller, comparatively, than Scouts as of Energon/Cybertron and beyond. It'd be interesting to do a wide comparison.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

And now we're getting another new size class with these Weaponizer (god I hope it gets renamed in a later line) things in the Prime RiD line. I'm interested in how they turn out. Megatron looks pretty cool.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:To further the point, the Old Ultras were being sold side-by-side with Armada toys in the Universe line. Toys like Universe Primal and Razorclaw were $20--the same price they ever were, and the same price as Voyagers. Old Megas, any time they were resold in that line or any others, needed a boost to make sure they "justified" the price point. For example, they sold the old Mega Tankorr in Universe, but he was packaged with an Obsidian repaint--a $15 and $5 toy made up a $20 purchase. Fact is, the "Maxcon"/Voyager price point has always been larger. I think the sheer fact that "Voyager" was adopted rather than "Mega" says something. (Then again, "Scouts" and "Basics" are basically synonymous. But an argument could be made for some of the BW Scouts being smaller, comparatively, than Scouts as of Energon/Cybertron and beyond. It'd be interesting to do a wide comparison.)
06,I agree with with everthing you said in this reply.

On other TF Forums,the debates about this go on & on. if anyone here,has never seen these debates regarding the changed size classes & prices,it will blow your mind when you read them on other TF forums. the passion & obsession both sides have is just mind blowing.
BWprowl wrote:And now we're getting another new size class with these Weaponizer (god I hope it gets renamed in a later line) things in the Prime RiD line. I'm interested in how they turn out. Megatron looks pretty cool.
Hasbro needs to keep tricking retailers by changing toy line names every year or every few months. having HFTD & RTS are excellent examples of Hasbro tricking retailers to order ROTF toys in decent volume units because some of these retailers thought these were newer TF toy lines.

Same trick works when Hasbro creates newer size names. because some retailers refuse to over order on a particular TF size level because that size level might have sold badly in their stores. so by hasbro calling the leader size by the newer name weaponizers,this allows hasbro to trick retailers into ordering leader sized toys in higher volume units.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:To further the point, the Old Ultras were being sold side-by-side with Armada toys in the Universe line. Toys like Universe Primal and Razorclaw were $20--the same price they ever were, and the same price as Voyagers. Old Megas, any time they were resold in that line or any others, needed a boost to make sure they "justified" the price point. For example, they sold the old Mega Tankorr in Universe, but he was packaged with an Obsidian repaint--a $15 and $5 toy made up a $20 purchase. Fact is, the "Maxcon"/Voyager price point has always been larger. I think the sheer fact that "Voyager" was adopted rather than "Mega" says something. (Then again, "Scouts" and "Basics" are basically synonymous. But an argument could be made for some of the BW Scouts being smaller, comparatively, than Scouts as of Energon/Cybertron and beyond. It'd be interesting to do a wide comparison.)
06,I agree with with everthing you said in this reply.

On other TF Forums,the debates about this go on & on. if anyone here,has never seen these debates regarding the changed size classes & prices,it will blow your mind when you read them on other TF forums. the passion & obsession both sides have is just mind blowing.
BWprowl wrote:And now we're getting another new size class with these Weaponizer (god I hope it gets renamed in a later line) things in the Prime RiD line. I'm interested in how they turn out. Megatron looks pretty cool.
Hasbro needs to keep tricking retailers by changing toy line names every year or every few months. having HFTD & RTS are excellent examples of Hasbro tricking retailers to order ROTF toys in decent volume units because some of these retailers thought these were newer TF toy lines.

Same trick works when Hasbro creates newer size names. because some retailers refuse to over order on a particular TF size level because that size level might have sold badly in their stores. so by hasbro calling the leader size by the newer name weaponizers,this allows hasbro to trick retailers into ordering leader sized toys in higher volume units.