missing figures

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: missing figures

Post by Onslaught Six »

Because Michael Bay is bad at spelling and pronouncing things. (He's repeatedly referred to Scorponok as "Scorpinox" in interviews, and apparently other people on his team think it's spelled "Skorpinocks" or other dumb ones.)
JediTricks wrote:Speaking of missing figures, anybody know what happened to the US release of the deluxe Leadfoot & Topspin set Target was supposed to get? Are they not going to buy them after all now that the HA Leadfoot has sold so poorly?
Nobody knows...and we can't ask since Hasbro has quietly stopped the TF Q&As. (This despite the GI Joe ones continuing.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

But "Que" is surely a name he made up, and I can't believe a professional moviemaker is that profoundly stupid that he can misspell a single letter. It must have some sort of double meaning. =|

*blind faith*
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

If it does, exactly zero people have mentioned it or brought it up in any fashion. Most of the supplemental material (novelizations, comics, etc.) forego the entire thing and just call him Wheeljack.

Clearly you're underestimating the intelligence and grammar skills of people involved in your entertainment. There's a new female fox character in IDW's TMNT comics designed by Kevin Eastman. (At least I think she's a fox; I forget. She might be a lynx or something.) There's some design sketches in the back where Eastman has written notes pointing out her "neckless." (One of them even has "neckless" crossed out and replaced with "necklace.")
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Oh dear.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Eh, people make typos sometimes and sometimes they become official. Que could also be as in "pool que", like what you hit the ball with (for Gomess I beleive the proper term would be Snooker Que). Or maybe that's spelled Cue and I'm wrong. Whatever. I just call him Wheeljack anyway so who cares?

Shockwave
-And M would be Em. Maybe Emm.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Yeah, that's "cue." Like you cue action on a movie set, or something.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Fine, maybe Michael Bay IS stupid. Sigh!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:Yeah, that's "cue." Like you cue action on a movie set, or something.
Is that also like the pool cue? The stick you use to hit the balls? Or is that Que?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

No, that's a cue! "Que" is not an English word. Unless my degree really is as worthless as I thought it was.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Gomess wrote:No, that's a cue! "Que" is not an English word. Unless my degree really is as worthless as I thought it was.
I was just checking and really if anyone was gonna be an authority on the English language it would be you. Y'know, cause you have an English degree... FROM ENGLAND!! That beats anything I got.