missing figures

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: missing figures

Post by Gomess »

It's like having a degree in philosophy from Prague, or a degree in toy engineering from Japan, or a degree in history from India. Yep. England IS English.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Well, Hasbro's media presentation finished not too long ago, and it's looking like the last waves of DOTM will be... Asia-only! Way to fall right on your damned face, Hasbro. :evil: Don't put out product folks want, just keep cranking out more Bumblebees and repaints and the Twins.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:Well, Hasbro's media presentation finished not too long ago, and it's looking like the last waves of DOTM will be... Asia-only! Way to fall right on your damned face, Hasbro. :evil: Don't put out product folks want, just keep cranking out more Bumblebees and repaints and the Twins.
That's be the wave with Wheeljack, the Deluxe and HA Soundwaves, and the Leadfoot/Twin Twist pack? Le sigh, yeah, I admit that I figured this would happen, but that's what I get for being the only one supporting the DOTM line. It's that HA Soundwave and Deluxe Leadfoot I'll miss the most, guess I'll keep an eye out for importing them.

There might still be hope for repaints/re-releases of these molds in that Movie Trilogy/All-Stars thing later. We have any clue what that's going to entail yet?

Glad you're having fun at Toyfair though, JT. Thanks for the updates. :)
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:and it's looking like the last waves of DOTM will be... Asia-only!
Wow... Well with how Hasbro has stalled on movie stuff I can't say I'm surprised by that. Disappointing we wont get some other characters that were in the movie though.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Other places are reporting that only the "Movie All-Stars" stuff will be Asia-only. There was apparently no word about regular release Wheeljack, Soundwave or Leadfoot.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

BWprowl wrote:That's be the wave with Wheeljack, the Deluxe and HA Soundwaves, and the Leadfoot/Twin Twist pack? Le sigh, yeah, I admit that I figured this would happen, but that's what I get for being the only one supporting the DOTM line. It's that HA Soundwave and Deluxe Leadfoot I'll miss the most, guess I'll keep an eye out for importing them.
That is they.
There might still be hope for repaints/re-releases of these molds in that Movie Trilogy/All-Stars thing later. We have any clue what that's going to entail yet?
It's going to entail Asia-only, as the line was canceled in the US.
Glad you're having fun at Toyfair though, JT. Thanks for the updates. :)
I'm not at Toy Fair, too expensive to fly to New York since I'm not a for-profit site. I was just helping SirSteve out via the internet while he's there covering everything.

Onslaught Six wrote:Other places are reporting that only the "Movie All-Stars" stuff will be Asia-only. There was apparently no word about regular release Wheeljack, Soundwave or Leadfoot.
"Asia-only" was confirmed in Hasbro's presentation for the movie trilogy line. Wheeljack/Que, dlx and HA Soundwaves, dlx Leadfoot, all were the same SKU ("movie trilogy" was I believe a continuation of the existing movie SKU) and are all canceled.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I dunno, I heard conflicting shit. Either way though I guess it's not going to come to pass. Fucking retailers.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:I dunno, I heard conflicting shit. Either way though I guess it's not going to come to pass. Fucking retailers.
No, fucking HASBRO. Retailers are only responding to information they have at hand: the movie line wasn't doing well and Hasbro wasn't addressing the situation; TF:Prime probably wasn't trending well with their customers who had no familiarity with it and the mainline not looking that great for the value, so they didn't want to be stuck with 2 unselling lines, TF:P that was looking weak and not well supported, and TF:Movie which was already languishing. Hasbro management didn't stay on top of these situations, they let a whole 6 months of problems float through their fingers. It's certainly not like the retailers banded together with their enemies to take down 1 Hasbro line, they individually had the same problems and reacted similarly, while Hasbro seems to have not responded to that at all for months.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Wow, this is like Thundergate in 2007, but stupider.

Joking aside, Hasbro dropped the ball completely here. Maybe if they had non-movie product these past 6 months, I could objectively get behind it. But, there has been nothing.

They blew it comprehensively.

Dom
-glad to have skipped this line.