story idea

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: story idea

Post by Dominic »

it is not so much that "a few deaths are no biggie" so much as it is an assumption that, (as for more articulate commentators have put it), the longer one waits to pay the butcher's bill, the higher the interest.

In the case of the story Gomess is citing, the Decepticons were the danger and needed to be stopped. Sooner would have been better than later.

In the case of the scenario I am describing above, it would not be a question of just hitting random people for the heck of it, (such as what Astrotrain did in AHM), but a question of going after somebody who kind of made themselves a target.

Dom
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Dominic wrote:In the case of the story Gomess is citing, the Decepticons were the danger and needed to be stopped. Sooner would have been better than later.
Uh, maybe it's just me, but the fact that Prowl showed no *intent* to avoid harming humans, and no *remorse* afterwards, in that story, was a pretty biiiig factor. Am I misremembering the story again, or do we just disagree on how important intent and remorse are...?
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Have you guys seen Inception? I think what Dom is getting at is yeah, Autobots is Autobots and Kup is mostly Kup, but the programming added to his shell by Prowl could cause unintended consequences because it's an outside influence and you never know how deep it might go. Like Mal becoming obsessed with the idea of not being awake and eventually taking her life (spoilers lol?) due to Cobb's suggestion, Prowl's programming, however minor or subtle, could cause Kup to pursue a very questionable end with the same vigor and charisma he brings to everything else.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Gomess wrote:
Dominic wrote:In the case of the story Gomess is citing, the Decepticons were the danger and needed to be stopped. Sooner would have been better than later.
Uh, maybe it's just me, but the fact that Prowl showed no *intent* to avoid harming humans, and no *remorse* afterwards, in that story, was a pretty biiiig factor. Am I misremembering the story again, or do we just disagree on how important intent and remorse are...?

I am talking about the Prowl chapter of "What Dreams May Come". Prowl was interested in stopping the Decepticons from endangering more people. (Look at Prowl's reaction to the fire one of the Battlechargers starts.) Maybe Furman meant for Prowl to come across as more wreckless, (as evidenced by Prime's whining at the end) But, going by what was on the page, Prowl was solving more problems than he caused.

Of course, at this point, there woud also be unreliable narrator questions.

Don nailed it. And, some people argue that the end of "Last Stand of the Wreckers" is set *after* Prowl's face turn in "Spotlight", meaning Prowl would still want Aequitas to stay private. The other thing to consider would be that Verity might even make herself a target by not being smart enough to stay quiet.

Dom
-and really, Kup could probably talk Beachcomber into it....