25th Anniversary blurb

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
onslaught86

25th Anniversary blurb

Post by onslaught86 »

As seen here: http://sdcc08.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbr ... _1458.html
In 1984, the Transformers robots stormed into televisions, comic shops, and toy aisles worldwide, and changed forever how we thought about action figures. It created a craze that has lasted for a quarter of a century, through dozens of permutations. Our world was expanded beyond the mundane fantasies of action heroes and fashion idols to include an endless universe populated by unstoppable metal giants, vicious alien tyrants, and monstrous planet-eaters from the beginning of time. From then on, we lived in a world that was More Than Meets The Eye (TM).
Oh, Hasbro, you so funny.

I like the mundane fantasies line, considering Hasbro own GI Joe, and I doubt TF had a significant impact on the market for fashion idols. Why are the unstoppable metal giants and vicious alien tyrants separate? Unless they're specifically referring to the Quintessons, which seems possible (albeit odd) considering the last part is clearly Unicron. Notwithstanding that Unicron isn't 'from' the beginning of time, except in a few particularly wanky sub-continuities of Furman's creation. Sigh! I'd have opted for the more wholesome and humble history, myself.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: 25th Anniversary blurb

Post by Dominic »

The thing is, those wanky Furman stories are the dominant take on Unicron, so....

I suppose the aliens Scourge wiped out in "Cybertron" would qualify as "alien tyrants" as well. But, that is an even more obscure reference than the Quintessons. Maybe the Vok?

Dom