Transformers - ongoing series

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
andersonh1

Re: Transformers - ongoing series

Post by andersonh1 »

BWprowl wrote:
Mako Crab wrote:
Dominic wrote: -notes that it is not wholly clear who survived the last issue either....gonna assume everybody made it.
HAHA!! That's awesome. Further invalidates Chaos as anything other than a cheap, meaningless event.
Well, besides the fact that it revealed the true nature of Galvatron’s plans, brought that series of events to a close, changed Cyclonus’s standing within the factions, broke open the Matrix, made Cybertron habitable again, ended the war between the Autobots and Decepticons, resulted in all of the neutral Cybertronians returning and finally causing the exile of Optimus Prime, yeah, you’re right. It was totally meaningless and didn’t affect anything. :|
Well, exactly! There were some genuine consequences from the storyline, not to mention I enjoyed reading it the second time through. Was admittedly confused a bit the first time.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Round 1:

FIGHT!!
Heaven or Hell!
Duel One!
LET'S ROCK!!

Last edited by BWprowl on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *breathe* HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

TFV just got a new meme. I, unsurprisingly, love it. Plz Crab and Prowl get in more misunderstandings. *flexes image-editing muscles*
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

LMAO That's awesome!! Ah, I do love me some Guilty Gear.

To answer your question, I was just being sarcastic in response to your sarcasm. But now I feel like playing some GG. :D
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ok, so I got the rest of the Ongoing. The art on Chaos was terrible. It was blurry and hard to see and that just sucks. And it takes away from the story. To the point it actually distracts me from the story. The other two issues with Last Police action on Earth and the Ironhide lookback and Death of Optimus Prime, I liked all three issues. I didn't really have a problem with Swindle saying he'd been selling to the humans the whole time. Personally, I think he was bluffing and I think Jazz struck the SW base rather rashly. either way, there was no confirmation from any human character that Swindle actually was working with them. He may have been just yanking the Autobot's chain.

The Ironhide story was interesting. Nice to see a peacetime Cybertron. And I'm also glad Death of Optimus Prime wasn't literal. I like the idea of Orion Pax exploring the universe going where ever he wants. Gonna see if I can track down MTMTE tonight. My comic shop was sold out.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The death was literal in context. Prime was apparently thought dead for about 3 (off panel) weeks, which puts an interesting gloss on IDW's comments about Prime staying dead for as long as the Human Torch.....

I didn't really have a problem with Swindle saying he'd been selling to the humans the whole time. Personally, I think he was bluffing and
I didn't really have a problem with Swindle saying he'd been selling to the humans the whole time. Personally, I think he was bluffing and
Why do you think he was bluffing? Swindle gets stuff and sells it. And, he *did* make a combinber a year or so earlier.

think Jazz struck the SW base rather rashly.

I dunno. Skywatch did kind of screw the Autobots pretty hard.

Ok, so I got the rest of the Ongoing. The art on Chaos was terrible. It was blurry and hard to see and that just sucks. And it takes away from the story. To the point it actually distracts me from the story.
The story was pretty easy to follow. "Big Fight on Cybertron." I mean, yeah, the art still sucked. And, it did not help anything. But, the story was easy enough to follow.

Dom
-yeah, "Chaos" sucked though.